Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice - Bastille day **mod warning post 1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sorry ignore that, realised there it's that right wing EDL fella..... apologies

Yeah... I'd guess knowing where the Bufalo Grill is that if it was the case it would be on the news already...

according to sky news the driver is confirmed dead... If it was multiple shooters at this stage think we'd know... still so ****ing tragic... :(

philstar wrote: »
    looks like french security droped their guard after the euros's
    How do you expect security services to be able to protect 100% of the country 100% of the time. It's impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

RobertKK wrote: »
    CNN showing a picture of a lot of people lying on the ground, it put a chill down my spine.

The poor French people.

I know people are just recording what they see but I seen a few pics on twitter of dead people, that if I knew them, I could have identified which is not the way a concerned family/friend should find out or even see.
    What a horrible event - reports of shots on twitter, hopefully the police stop it, and hopefully that lorry is not rigged to blow up once opened. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Christ, not again :( those poor, poor people. What a horrifying way to go :( RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It has nothing to do with France, rather to do with Islamic Demographics and once their population goes above 10% and higher terrorism and trouble are regular occurrences. France has the largest population of Muslims in Europe. France has lax security plus a huge demograph of self-hating liberal SJW who brand any objection to immigration or terrorism to be Racist. This is a problem of Frances own making; the chickens have come home to roost for the French with their ultra-left wing social policies.

They didn't have any domestic terrorism so they decided to import it.

These attacks are becoming far too frequent. Whatever we are doing as a whole isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Berserker wrote: »
    Missed it, can you elaborate? ISIS have claimed responsibility. What is it about France that they hate so much?

I think its the French invasion of Iraq in 2003. That is what sparked off ISIS and Islamic terrorism. So I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well it never takes long for a massacre to be turned into a political football on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lawlolawl wrote: »

These attacks are becoming far too frequent. Whatever we are doing as a whole isn't working.

We? Like the West?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Sand wrote: »
    I think its the French invasion of Iraq in 2003. That is what sparked off ISIS and Islamic terrorism. So I hear.

The people on the street murdered tonight didn't invade anywhere

Passerby video. Truely sickening.

*removed*

Please don't post videos like this again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

ISIS just kill anything. They are like Pitbulls with AIDS.

There was a piece in the New York Times last year about how they take a hyperactive amphetmine and often going on killing rampages among themselves when they run out of enemies.

Its like something out of the Middle Ages meets that movie Altered States from the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Hopefully these lads don't find a supply of anthrax.

Well it never takes long for a massacre to be turned into a political football on AH.

Whole wars are turned into political debating points in grander arenas than AH.
    Lackey wrote: »

That would imply that ISIS simply do not care about what people who are concerned about the legality of the Iraqi war care about. That would challenge a lot of narcissistic introspection. So it must be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

tbf either were the terrorist involved with the taliban/hussein/nuclear weapons/al qaeda before their families were killed by American/European bombings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    ISIS just kill anything. They are like Pitbulls with AIDS.

Actually they're very specific about who they kill, and why. This whole narrative that they're simply maniacs with no ideology is harmful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Twitter is great for up to the minute news for things like this, but the amount of graphic pictures and images is a little sickening. Why would you want to tweet something like that?

tbf either were the terrorist involved with the taliban/hussein/nuclear weapons/al qaeda before their families were killed by American/European bombings

How many of the attackers in Paris 2015 or London 2007 lost family members to American/European bombings?

Honestly - do you even know who is attacking you?

You are dealing with an evil on par with the Dirlewanger brigade and you are trying to explain their hatred, violence and murder. There is no explanation. You kill them. You bury them. And you continue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

lawlolawl wrote: »

France has had domestic terrorism since the 60s, middle eastern terrorism since the 70s, northern african terrorism since the 90s.

And it did not invade Iraq in 2003. Remember the "freedom fries"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Sand wrote: »

I'm assuming the poster was being ironic. France didn't invade Iraq. They opposed it...strongly...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Civilians in any conflict / war /terrorist attack did nothing to deserve their fate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

One would despair at how these events are increasing in Europe. France is constantly under attack at this stage. It has become too regular.

...and again it is innocent people and their families who are made suffer by this needless violence.

Hopefully these lads don't find a supply of anthrax.

The unaccounted nuclear material that seems to have dissapeared into the ether since the break up of the Soviet Union is the bigger worry.

Eyewitness now being quoted as saying there was one shooter also. Not clear if that was the driver.. Also saying that 1 man is on the run..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

It has nothing to do with France, rather to do with Islamic Demographics and once their population goes above 10% and higher terrorism and trouble are regular occurrences.

Absolute nonsense. Has more to do with French foreign policy in the middle east than anything else. Not that its any excuse for what these terrorists are doing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

He's obviously being facetious. France didn't invade Iraq, but they've done similar before and since.

Not saying that's a justification or even a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It has nothing to do with France, rather to do with Islamic Demographics and once their population goes above 10% and higher terrorism and trouble are regular occurrences. France has the largest population of Muslims in Europe. France has lax security plus a huge demograph of self-hating liberal SJW who brand any objection to immigration or terrorism to be Racist. This is a problem of Frances own making; the chickens have come home to roost for the French with their ultra-left wing social policies.

Sure France is hostile to yoga and meditation groups. Calling them all cults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

It just goes on and on. We may as well just repost the thread after the Bataclan and Charlie Hebdo and Orlando.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I was right there 2 years ago celebrating Bastille Day......this is right after France announced they'd lift their state of emergency.

What has the world come to? :(

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    One would despair at how these events are increasing in Europe. France is constantly under attack at this stage. It has become too regular.

...and again it is innocent people and their families who are made suffer by this needless violence.

The way these terrorists see it is that their innocent family and friends were killed by an illegal invasion under false pretenses.. not to mention the historical interfering by the west in the region for decades... not that it justifies it but you have to attempt to look at it from the other side...

Problem now will be the gradual rise in support for the likes of the French National Front...

Advertisement