Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Wrestling around with my Lab and he ends up wrecking one of my favorite tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I know where I'm going to live at last, but I want to be there this instant. I don't feel like going to bed or anything until Im in the house. I've never been able to imagine feeling like I really belong to a place like this before ( and I've only seen pictures so far). God it's so frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My bed broke! And I wasn't even doing anything entertaining in it at the time! Now I've got to clear off all the stuff that's accumulated on the bed in the spare room and look for sheets before I can go to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Sardonicat wrote: »
    My bed broke! And I wasn't even doing anything entertaining in it at the time! Now I've got to clear off all the stuff that's accumulated on the bed in the spare room and look for sheets before I can go to sleep.

Laughing at this TA! (Sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    Laughing at this TA! (Sorry)

You're not laughing AT me, you're laughing WITH me? Have I got that right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Tools at Connolly who queue at the closed door of the stationary train perpendicular to the platform which is the thoroughfare down to platforms 5, 6 & 7 thereby standing directly in the way of hundreds of people.

TA at the useless rail employees lounging around the station doing FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

razorblunt wrote: »
    Washing machine asap!
    Ain't worth that stank!

Got it in as soon as I got home but ugh, the hassle :(

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Tools at Connolly who queue at the closed door of the stationary train perpendicular to the platform which is the thoroughfare down to platforms 5, 6 & 7 thereby standing directly in the way of hundreds of people.

TA at the useless rail employees lounging around the station doing FA.
    There are machines in Connolly which have smiley sad faces. Locate one and choose a angry face

My TA. Currently being fukking BAKED on a bus eireann coach with faulty "air conditioning". Same bus has rubber rim missing above tyres. No power sockets on bus either.

Knuckleheads panic buying in droves. Stopped at local convenience store on way home from work, thirty strong queue overladen with loaves. I cringed and turned tail out the door. You'll survive until evening somehow lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,728 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When you’re in TK Maxx with the missus, And she already has what she wants to buy, and you see only 3 people in the checkout queue, but herself decides to have a little look around, at nothing in particular....

...then when it’s time to pay and leave, the queue is at least 15-20 strong....

Every. Single. Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Selfish thoughtless people. I overheard two old ladies chatting. One said she sent a parcel of expensive brand clothing to the grandkids, never even got a text in acknowledgement. The other said her family visit their friends nearby, and drive past her house. There might be more going on, but it sounded so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Vogue Williams, her new career seems to be having a go at the Kardashiandroids on twitter.
    Just a sly way to grab a few more followers for herself by association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Got a text wondering if I would go out for a few tonight. It's like they dont know me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There are machines in Connolly which have smiley sad faces. Locate one and choose a angry face .

Haha you honestly think Irish rail care what people think of them? The organisation is there for the benefit of the employees. Passengers are a necessary inconvenience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Haha you honestly think Irish rail care what people think of them? The organisation is there for the benefit of the employees. Passengers are a necessary inconvenience

You could be sure that if there was not one passenger ever using irish rail it would still exist and cost us a fortune. They would probabably strike every now and again too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a head cold, a cough, headach, runny nose and blurry eyes.
    Now my eyes have gotten so blurry its hard to see what Im doing or watching!

TA, ppl not keeping their cold germs to themselves!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA, being asked why can't I get a bag of chips like a normal person when I make a bowl of porridge after going out for a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm a music fan, so I don't usually look at 'music channels' on the telly, but because I fell asleep, I just woke up in that region of telly-ness. My trivial annoyance is that music station after station is bland. No originality.

The only saving grace in that I stumbled across a station playing this (and Bananarama's 'Robert De Niro's Calling):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People blowing their nose straight onto the footpath. Saw someone do it a few minutes ago.

People blowing their nose straight onto the footpath. Saw someone do it a few minutes ago.

serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Foc061V1.png&sp=a9a97fbc5081fe877b030b9b06cd799e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Getting the kids ready for a much needed walk and it starts chucking down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

That obnoxious prick Bob Geldof. Why in the name of Jesus do RTE insist on giving the bastard air time? The Boomtown rats where sh*te, they were in no way relevant to anything despite what Boblostupmyownarsegeldof says. If Bob hadn't hijacked all the credit for Live Aid nobody would ever remember him or the Boomtown rats.

1 in 8 children don't have a book at home.
    Christ.

Christ.
    The number of people who read books on a regular basis is about 10% I think, and falling fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Christ.

One reason that Dolly Parton choose Ireland for her imagination library, and the brilliant free book gifting service.

I lived for books as a child, and am beyond TA'd to think of children without access to books.

https://imaginationlibrary.com/ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Christ.

I thought it would have been lower, a lot of parents don't seem to buy books and annuals at Christmas any more. It's all plastic tat that's wrapped in even more plastic.

TA plastic overload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That I'm the only person in my house of three adults who ever does grown-up stuff like put salt in the dishwasher or clear the washing machine filter.

I thought it would have been lower, a lot of parents don't seem to buy books and annuals at Christmas any more. It's all plastic tat that's wrapped in even more plastic.

TA plastic overload.
    It probably is lower now, it was a few years ago when I read that figure. A lot of local libraries seem to be closing down too lately.
    Use it or lose it people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Christ.

I am stunned at that . We have shelves full of books for our grandchildren and bring them regularly to the library too .They have boxes of books at home and are read to all the time .Shocked at that figure :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Parents who correct their children in a loud voice (so others can hear) as if to prove to all what good responsible parents they are

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Couples communicating with each other in public on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Kids in a car with ear phones in or glued to screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This endless winter. Its ridiculous. Feels like summer or even spring will never be here. I'm sick of it. It was snowing 30 minutes ago and now the sun is shining.

People who don't follow basic instructions on food items. Went to cook dinner last night, couldn't find the potato gratin... OH had put it in the freezer... it clearly states "not suitable for home freezing" on it! Or him taking something out of the freezer for dinner when it says "defrost thoroughly before cooking".

All this **** about the covid 19. Being told that "efforts are being made to contact all people that an infected person was in contact with" while simultaneously refusing to disclose what form of public transport they used. So hundreds could have been unknowingly exposed.

Never ending pregnancy. I miss wine and sleeping on my back.

That obnoxious prick Bob Geldof. Why in the name of Jesus do RTE insist on giving the bastard air time? The Boomtown rats where sh*te, they were in no way relevant to anything despite what Boblostupmyownarsegeldof says. If Bob hadn't hijacked all the credit for Live Aid nobody would ever remember him or the Boomtown rats.

Bob Geldof has had his share of trajedy and loss, most than most. Even if you think the Boomtown Rats were ****e, it doesn't make him a bastard?
    He lost the mother of his children (Paula Yates) to suicide, raised her daughter Tiger Lily then also lost his daughter Peaches to suicide just 4 years ago aged 25. That's more than most people have to deal with.

I like reading this TA thread but my (first ever!) TA is when people feel they have to say something just for the sake of it. Sometimes its better to say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

The fact that, as a species, we're really only as strong as our weakest link...

Some crazy eejit in China, thinks it's a good idea to eat bat soup... so the rest of the world has to battle the after effects of their stupidity for years to come! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Doddery old ladies who put on a lonely poor innocent little me act and they make people feel sorry for them. They fail to mention tough how nasty and how much trouble they've caused people over the years tough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Here's some news for you - if it hadn't been bat soup, it'd have been something else, but once the virus had mutated, it was out to get us, bats or no bats.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, you hear on the news of a poor Chinese sod who ended up in hospital because some utter moron decided to hit him across the head with a bottle for being Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

New Home wrote: »
    Here's some news for you - if it hadn't been bat soup, it'd have been something else, but once the virus had mutated, it was out to get us, bats or no bats.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, you hear on the news of a poor Chinese sod who ended up in hospital because some utter moron decided to hit him across the head with a bottle for being Chinese.

Oh, you must have misconstrued my comment to be anti-chinese... understandable. But incorrect!

My comment was anti-stupid people... stupid people can come from any race or creed. Unfortunately there are stupid people all around the world these days. It just so happens, that this one came from China... this time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I did a grocery shop today.
    Usually avoid the shops after 12 on Sunday.
    I reminded myself why today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Your Face wrote: »
    I did a grocery shop today.
    Usually avoid the shops after 12 on Sunday.
    I reminded myself why today.

Out of interest was it a crowd or poor stock or both?

• Advertisement

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Parents who correct their children in a loud voice (so others can hear) as if to prove to all what good responsible parents they are

Performance parenting. I sat on a plane beside a VERY GOOD DADDY who had THE BEST LITTLE GIRL IN THE WORLD EATING HER SANDWICH, and various other loudly observed trivialities. It was a 45 minute flight, but he was going for the parenting Oscar.

I heard someone say "I hate smoking and all smomers" but also "Ive smoked every drug under the sun but not tobacco"
    Rather than go into it with him I just thought what an illogical "hatred" abd that it speaks volumes for his character or lack thereof

Of course you don't have to like it but instantly "hating" and reducing someone to unworthy of respect is pathetic. Even more so after admitting you've chemically messed with your own already paltry brain cells.

If I was nasty enoygh to hate people without knowing a thing about them , loudly putting people down and labelling them, might be a good basis for hate.

[PHP][/PHP]
    Bob Geldof has had his share of trajedy and loss, most than most. Even if you think the Boomtown Rate were ****e it doesn't make him a bastard?
    He lost the mother of his children (Paula Yates) to suicide, raised her daughter Tiger Lily then also lost his daughter Peaches to suicide just 4 years ago aged 25. That's more than most people have to deal with.

I like reading this TA thread but my (first ever!) TA is when people feel they have to say something just for the sake of it. Sometimes its better to say nothing.
    Oh and I thought my day was boring but given that you've taken it upon yourself to jump on your moral high horse and lecture me on what I should and shouldn't think or say your life is clearly empty today. Jesus wept, Paula was a basket case with a drug problem as was Peaches. Bob is an obnoxious fool, frankly Paula leaving him for Michael Hutchence was the best move she ever made. If you don't like my posts feel free to ignore my posts but don't presume to lecture me on what I can and can't say or who and what I can and can't say it about.

[PHP][/PHP]
    Oh and I thought my day was boring but given that you've taken it upon yourself to jump on your moral high horse and lecture me on what I should and shouldn't think or say your life is clearly empty today. Jesus wept, Paula was a basket case with a drug problem as was Peaches. Bob is an obnoxious fool, frankly Paula leaving him for Michael Hutchence was the best move she ever made. If you don't like my posts feel free to ignore my posts but don't presume to lecture me on what I can and can't say or who and what I can and can't say it about.

I suppose I just found your post difficult to read, its only a few weeks since the death of another celebrity through suicide and I thought it might awaken a bit of awareness when we judge people we simply don't know. Even celebrities have a private life. Nobody knows what goes on in a marriage and I doubt if Paula leaving Bob made her life better.... all things considered.

I lost a child myself so I related a lot to Bob's description of pain and loss (on Tommy Tiernan's show). I was simply saying sometimes its better to say nothing. I was not on any moral high horse and I am just back from a lovely day hiking the mountains so my day wasn't that empty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Someone arrives at the door of your home just after you have cleaned the house from top to bottom - some folk either don't think it good manners to routinely wipe their feet in the door mats provided in porch and just inside main entrance and are completely oblivious that they've left a trail or deposits of mud/grass/loose grit on carpet all over where they've walked. I get that a person may not always realise that they may have dirt stuck to bottom of their footwear but it's no harm to wipe your feet anyway when you enter someone's home/premises.

Okay, so you're on public transport and some individual thinks it's "Ay, Okay" to sit down and breathe something strong like for example: Tayto cheese & onion flavour crisps, monster munch or garlic breath into the atmosphere - they must know it can be overwhelming for those who may not be able to escape on a full bus until they reach their stop.

People who think it's ok to stick their Feet on Seats - One guy decides to change his clothes on a coach load private passengers and he only sticks his socked feet -(white socks looked soiled) between gap in seats of passenger sitting in front of him. I've seen this happen in cinema auditoriums from time to time as well. Some guys have no shame whatsoever if they think this is ok - Nobody wants to get stuck with someone's smelly feet lingering!

TA, judgyness and a general lack of compassion in society.

Sweetmaggie, I'm so sorry for your loss. You seem like a lovely person and I hope nothing but good things happen for you in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

[PHP][/PHP]

Mod

Do you really think that is acceptable?

Boards isn't a soapbox for you to air what you like. There is ways to communicate negative views without descending into vitriolic rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Candie wrote: »
    Performance parenting. I sat on a plane beside a VERY GOOD DADDY who had THE BEST LITTLE GIRL IN THE WORLD EATING HER SANDWICH, and various other loudly observed trivialities. It was a 45 minute flight, but he was going for the parenting Oscar.

Fcukin millennials ?

I know the type and the woord LOUDLY is key..

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

Do you really think that is acceptable?

Boards isn't a soapbox for you to air what you like. There is ways to communicate negative views without descending into vitriolic rants.
    Yes I do think it's appropriate to confront people who take a holier than thou approach and try to dictate what I should think and say. This is supposed to be trivial things that annoy you thread, it's not for other posters to lecture what anyone else should feel think or say on any given matter. I've accepted your warning but perhaps you might like to warn the poster I was responding to about backseat moderating.

Candie wrote: »
    TA, judgyness and a general lack of compassion in society.

Sweetmaggie, I'm so sorry for your loss. You seem like a lovely person and I hope nothing but good things happen for you in future.

thanks Candie
    I wasn't trying to make the post about me, just standing up for Bob Geldof in this case. Too easy to only look at the outside (the hair, the rambling voice) and forget what's on the inside. Can't imagine his grief, glad he has a lovely woman by his side. Over and out x

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement