Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-04-2010, 00:22   #16

I'm mostly happy with the place. Since the major whining died off, the creativity and random nature of the place has improved a lot.

As for chat threads, I've never liked them. They add little but banal small talk. Go on, see how many pages of the Straitjacket Lounge you can read before the repetition gets to you. It currently has value in that it reduces people posting chatty spam on every thread. Also if it died people would whine about entitlements or some such rubbish.
Advertisement
08-04-2010, 00:24   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarky View Post
I have no idea what this place will look like in a month. Most TCN posters are unpredictable. So are their threads, at least in recent months. As it should be.

I only have issues with threads that are not sufficiently silly. There'll probably be less of those, but who can really say? And no, before anyone asks I will not define "silly".
What do you think of the picture/story led threads of recent times- hedghog, bridges, etc....I know these ideas can go stale v. quickly but I know a lot of us got a kick out of them on the night..especially with fast-paced responses...since we have the embedded picture facility in tCN, I think we should use it to our advantage..
17-04-2010, 19:44   #18
HyperSkypeWiper

Don't ye think the rules for entry into the soccer forum are just ridiculous and too harsh
17-04-2010, 20:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperSkypeWiper View Post
Don't ye think the rules for entry into the soccer forum are just ridiculous and too harsh
That has nothing to do with this forum.
18-04-2010, 05:32   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperSkypeWiper View Post
No. When soccer posters stop acting like belligerent self-righteous jerks with a sense of entitlement so massive light can't escape the surface, maybe the rules will change.

of course, this will never actually happen.

Next person to post something that doesn't involve TCN gets permanently banned.
Advertisement
22-04-2010, 00:05   #21
Lord ButterSlip

Anything i say is slightly odd anyway so this is normal compared to the likes of some of the other stuff i post. Most of the Kilkenny City posters wouldnt recognise me here.

I do have one serious thing to say though: This moaning of random shít in threads Im on bugs the crap out of me especially the threads I start. I do not care for the gripes you have with others, if you have a gripe with me I also dont care but dont ruin my thread or others threads just for the sake of being a pain. Dont cross me on this.

Last edited by Lord ButterSlip; 22-04-2010 at 19:29.
22-04-2010, 00:07   #22
Lord ButterSlip

*Happy Again*
22-04-2010, 11:44   #23

Butters, who's been complaining? and about what?
22-04-2010, 13:11   #24

Sarky, do you think the nest would be better suited to another category, rather then in the arse end of boards.ie that is the "Sys" category? I think we'll get more uswers if we were in the "Rec" category!
Advertisement
22-04-2010, 13:50   #25
sNarah
VIP

Send a message via MSN to sNarah Send a message via Skype™ to sNarah
I actually quite like it under Sys
22-04-2010, 15:08   #26

Lord Butterslip: Thanks for your contribution. The whining used to annoy me too. If you have an issue with anyone's posting, please feel free to use the post report function under their names in the offending item, and one of the moderators will have a closer look. TCN is not a place where complaining loudly enough gets you what you want. A reasonable and polite PM will do far more than throwing a hissy fit across the forum.

sNarah: So do I. And like I said, it's in Sys for a very good reason.

Fago!: TCN is not a social forum like After Hours. It harks back to a time when each forum wasn't such an isolated xenophobic island suspicious of strangers or newbies. Right now I can't think of a better way to explain it than I did in post #5 (which is slightly paraphrased from something community manager Dav said, actually):
Quote:
TCN is not a regular forum. There's a reason it was created as part of the Sys category instead of, say, Rec. It's alt.stupid for Boards.ie (look that up if you don't know what it was/is). TCN is part of boards as an entity, as opposed to a discussion forum offered by Boards.ie the service. It's a subtle but very important distinction.
22-04-2010, 15:18   #27

Quote:
Fago!: TCN is not a social forum like After Hours. It harks back to a time when each forum wasn't such an isolated xenophobic island suspicious of strangers or newbies. Right now I can't think of a better way to explain it than I did in post #5 (which is slightly paraphrased from something community manager Dav said, actually):
That's fine. Just checkin'
22-04-2010, 19:30   #28
Lord ButterSlip

Quote:
Lord Butterslip: Thanks for your contribution. The whining used to annoy me too. If you have an issue with anyone's posting, please feel free to use the post report function under their names in the offending item, and one of the moderators will have a closer look. TCN is not a place where complaining loudly enough gets you what you want. A reasonable and polite PM will do far more than throwing a hissy fit across the forum.
Sorry I have just changed it a bit, I was tired when i wrote that.
09-05-2010, 14:41   #29

This is not a chat thread. You have one of those. Two, if one includes the counting thread.

Read the original post before posting in this thread again, everyone.
09-05-2010, 16:48   #30

Sarky just curious.......

why is smoke.me.a.kipper a mod of this forum? He doesn't do anything? He never posts. This forum is grand with you as mod, do we really need another? Also, Tar. Although I do have an undying love for Tar, she/he/it never posts here. Why are they mods?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion