Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The serious thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

hondasam wrote: »
    can we please send a thread to AH, just for a laugh, a teddy thread. I will be nice to you for ever and do anything you say.
    send one just for 5 mins even.
    Sarky wrote: »
    I'll think about it.

well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm thinking about it. If anyone asks about it again on this thread in the next month I'll ban them permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

But there is also a lot of serious talk going on in non serious threads.

Is that bannable?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It should be!!! :mad:

I'm away from a proper computer right now, so I'm going to give you all a chance to delete all your mind-numbingly stupid posts from this thread.

I will ban everyone who fails or whined about it for a long time. There's a f*cking warning at the start of this thread, if you're too goddamn retarded to read it that's really not my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Sarky what's the story on the charter update?

The chat thread and some of the crappy chatter that's posted is ruining the nest buzz IMHO.
    It's not the AH dumping ground that the mods there are treating it like, dumping crappy posts here rather than deleting them, and moving the SILLEH threads here. It's also not the personal chatroom for a couple of users. That's what your visitor pages are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Yeah - I completely agree with what Damoeldiablo said, it's not a personal chatroom for users.
    It's completely uncomfortable watching some users fawn and flirt and play footsie with each other on a public forum.
    Jus' sayin. At least the mundane "chat all you like" rubbish is kept in the "chat all you like" thread.

This should be the only thread for mundane serious chat. Plenty of other forums that have serious chat threads, should be taken there. I use other forums when I want to talk about serious stuff, or have a chat. Used to come here for funny and silly stuff.

Avoid the thread then, perhaps? :confused:

• Advertisement

This should be the only thread for mundane serious chat. Plenty of other forums that have serious chat threads, should be taken there. I use other forums when I want to talk about serious stuff, or have a chat. Used to come here for funny and silly stuff.

This thread is for discussion of the forum/running of the forum, not chat.

Tbh I've been avoiding the whole forum the last week or so. There's a weird atmosphere here, I don't really like it anymore.

OMG stop whining, this is not the play ground. If you don't like something don't read it.
    Chat thread is fine for a few posts but not a serious conversation.
    Guilty as charged but ffs get over it. It's not at if there is 100 people a day in the nest.

You see here we have come on this thread to make some costructive posts and we have been answered with agression and "get over it." Bitchy, angry atmosphere is what I've been feeling and tbh I don't really feel comfortable posting here anymore since anything I've said in the last day has just been answered in a mean way.

Not that I feel any of ye care though.

Princess Peach let me put this in a polite way for you, I come on here, post ****e etc, If I offend someone i'm sorry but I thought the nest was relaxed and easy going.
    You are making it out to be all about you and your feelings and while I don't want to hurt your or anything I cannot be responsible for how you feel either.
    You are taking my funny comment to serious.

when you say WE are you talking about you and DamoElDiablo ?

TBH, the fun has been sucked from the forum by insipid posts, non funneh, and bitchyness.
    I'm done for now.
    See yis when it's gotten better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Take it easy folks, no point getting pissed off with people on the internet.

Sarky, can't you get posts to show up on the main page?

Princess Peach has a point. There is an appalling amount of mundane rubbish and entitlement being posted lately, not just in the chat thread. I hate chat threads, because this is what they do to a forum. I haven't been around much lately either to slap people for not being silly. I guess I'd assumed that you could all be grown ups.

If those of you responsible haven't changed your ways after this weekend, I'll do something about it myself. I think we can all agree that my solution will be much more arbitrary, and much less fair, and that complaining about it after I've given everyone a chance to change things will be utterly pointless.

Regarding the posts not showing up on the main page, that's for the admins and tech guys to decide. I'll bring it up with them, but don't hold your breath.

To be fair Sarky, the entire forum is lacking silly. There's nothing fun, funny, insane, ect about copious amounts of threads posting photos of unfunny things. I mean -- right now as I write this, the only actual entertaining "TCN" thread is that one to allow teddy back into the nest.

I've posted in tcn (and was the first person to ever get immunity in the nest purely for being an idiot) since 2005 so I think I have a fair idea how it works(ed) it's just without the material and the posters, its kind of hard to do?

I am pure guilty of posting mundane rubbish in this forum - more specfically the chat thread -- but if Im completely honest - there really isn't that much else to do.

There's what, maybe 5 or 6 regular posters, and 2 of them just follow each other around flirting with each other, I post mundane rubbish, 1 makes random threads that nobody really cares about?

You'd want to be wrote off, high as a kite, not knowing left from right, to come to tcn and actually think it's fun. It's not.

And -- if that's the way tcn is going, that is, just posting unfunny pictures that some unemployed idiot with nothing better to do than photoshopping and writing stupid captions underneath, or couples using it to post their coupley photos on (there's a thread for that in The Ladies Lounge, FYI, princess.) ect, then it's not a forum I want to be part of.

You can really see that video and text, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Needs more Shab.

Jesus all that text is annoying. How long is it staying there for? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Jesus all that text is annoying. How long is it staying there for? ;)

What text :confused:

Update in charter? Fresh dose of silleh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Fago! wrote: »
    Update in charter? Fresh dose of silleh?

+1. For the n00bs.

You're quite right. I've been very busy with real life. I'll try and get something done before the end of the month.

Who the hell knows when that could be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I know I only wallow in now and then, but there is way too little of the beloved silleh and far too much chitty-chat.

True. I'll have a wee crackdown on that crap, see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Are you the only moderator left now Sarky?

Advertisement