Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new forums: The cuckoo's nest and The Thunderdome

Options
  • 04-11-2004 5:39pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok. I've created two new forums:

The Cuckoo's Nest is alt.stupid for Boards. Fill it full of stupidity and surreality and idiocy. It will serve as a lightening rod for the rest of us to be free of you. :)
    Seriously, its going to be very lightly moderated and is for silly discussions and polls and what have you. Posts there will NOT contribute to your post count and it wont show up on the front page.
    I'm looking for suitably silly people (two of them) to moderate it.

The Thunderdome is basically the "back of the bike sheds" for Boards. If you are having right old ding dong battle with someone and its p|ssing off the rest of the forum, the mod can move the thread to the Thunderdome and you can continue your "debate" there.

Be warned. There are NO RULES beyond the state's common law in there. Anything goes that is legal. The site's standard civility rules are not in play. It will be unmoderated except for the admins and there will be no warnings for transgressions of the law. Your account will simply be completely suspended.

You cant *create* threads there you (and others) can only reply to them. They dont count towards post count and they dont show up on the front page. Basically if you want to have a right old barny with someone then take it somewhere that the rest of us arent annoyed by it. Then rip into each other as you see fit.
    You may NOT repeat NOT harrass someone on the site to "meet you there" etc. What goes on in there stays in there. The rest of us dont care and referring to it, or badgering someone to reply there will get you banned.

Mods, please note the two new options you have for dealing with problem threads. Stupid crap to The Cuckoo's Next and aggressive fights to The Thunderdome.

Enjoy!

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

OMG let me in the cuckoo forum I'm feeling silly and need to post something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Happy to mod Cuckoos Nest if i fit the criteria...

*wizzle wozzle*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Who's going to be Tina Turner for Thunderdome ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ill mod The Cuckoo's Nest if you deem me suitable eneough.

smak and koneko for president

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Omnicorp for mod of The Cuckoo's Nest.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'll mod it cause i'm like crazy and stuff, and this one time, in band camp......

/EDIT it may be just me, but when i saw the 'back of the bike sheds' description, i thought of snoggin' instead of fightin', as in a lovers forum or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I would love to mod that. I'm fcuking mad for it I am.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'll mod it because i'm serious and unfunny....

koneko wrote:
    smak and koneko for president
    team discovery channel!!

• Advertisement

team discovery channel!!

sweeeet, i could put that in my tag

GO TEAM DISCOVERY CHANNEL GO

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Great Idea . Both sound like they will be great crack .

I'll throw my name in the hat as mad Mod for either !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There will be no mod for The Thunderdome. Legality will be the admins guide.

The "Live at three" cartoons certainly give Smak the edge though I'll hold fire on that decision. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm the perfect mod for the cuckoos nest tbh... JUST LOOK AT MY AVATAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

damien.m wrote:
    Who's going to be Tina Turner for Thunderdome ?
    Its a choice between DeVore's gay hair and ecksor's dancing if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

We Don`t Need Another Hero
    We Don`t Need To Know The Way Home
    All We Want Is Life Beyond
    Thunderdome.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

lol :D
    mercie's just found a new home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Any chance of a seperate theme for these boards? (ie. background, colour scheme)
    A nice padded cell motif with electro shock therapy equipment maybe.
    Ooh and how about a smiley that looks like Mongoose after he came back from his shock therapy, all drooling and idiotic... :drooly:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Thunderdome.... *grin*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Thunderdome's a great idea. Nothing worse than a whole forum (seemingly, due to mass post-deleteage) getting along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Can I be very bold and suggest that maybe some of our incarcerated peers be occasionally allowed into said Cuckoo's Nest? A sort of temporary release or probation type thingee. It might even add a bit of spice not seen since the Mustard forum first opened it's doors to the public!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Paddy20 for god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Imposter wrote:
    Can I be very bold and suggest that maybe some of our incarcerated peers be occasionally allowed into said Cuckoo's Nest? A sort of temporary release or probation type thingee. It might even add a bit of spice not seen since the Mustard forum first opened it's doors to the public!

Heh great idea. maybe two prisoners to go in the Thunderdome, whoever fights the best gets released. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

bus77 wrote:
    Heh great idea. maybe two prisoners to go in the Thunderdome, whoever fights the best gets released. :D
    Hah, I love that idea. :D
    Sort of like a Gladiator winning his freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bus77 wrote:
    Omnicorp for mod of The Cuckoo's Nest.

Seconded. And arcadegame2004 as the other one.

Could we start another forum, maybe a "Village of the Banned", sort of like Prison only other punters can post as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...He did it. He actually made a spam forum.

HUZZAH FOR DeV!

So, where are they located?

DeVore wrote:
    The "Live at three" cartoons certainly give Smak the edge though I'll hold fire on that decision. smile.gif
    ah. cool beans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hah, It's like FYAD for Boards.ie

I'm never posting in normal boards again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Woohoo, a spam forum icon10.gif
    Can I throw my name in for mod? If not me then I vote smak fro mod.

The topic has been brought up a few times before but I never taught it would ever be created.

Advertisement