Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's try another story - just ONE line per contributor

Options
  • 29-06-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

He stood and stared at the three hundred year old oak tree in the middle of the field, his long black hair blowing in the April breeze and the enormous pink boar beside him munching on the grass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a pair of long johns hanging off a branch, obviously belonging to one of the many tree fairies that reside in the vast trunk of this grand daddy of a tree and wondered if they were part of a multi pack or were it bought separately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

He walked over to the tree and looked for a place to put his foot and hand when he started to climb it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

As he climbed slowly and deliberately he let his mind wander back to the decision which had brought him to this point in his quest and he couldn't help but smile as he ventured one step closer to the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Then he fell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sudoku987

As he tumbled through the branches he grabbed at a pair of long johns which had apparently been left out to dry and the fabric being good Donegal tweed they took his weight and he slid gently to the grassy ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Although he was stunned by the fall he jumped to his feet and continued to ascend the tree again, this time determined not to lose focus as he was too aware that the future of his village depended on him and him alone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Yes I'll build a bomb and blow them non believers to hell, no one thought I'd climb this tree and by God I did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

He surveyed the landscape and as the wind buffeted his hair he thought.." Pew! Pew pewpew!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

My new laser gun...feck ... he pulled the trigger gently and it fired... who needs bombs i can shoot all the basterds from here..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sudoku987

Examining the long johns which lay on the grass, he realised they were bullet-proof so he quickly pulled them on, picked up his laser gun and thought: "If I can figure a way to locate these invisible enemies I can still save the village".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Then he had another thought, 'feckit they can save themselves, I'm gona go get a cup of tea and a chocolate hobnob.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Suddenly:

Chartered accountants! THOUSANDS OF THEM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Marching, row after row, briefcases held before them as shields, they stretched as far as he could see.

And then they went away.

*cough*

Not after issuing a sever audit on your laser gun/bullet proof trouser industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

"How", he wondered aloud, "Had such a promising day come to this?"

He realised it was because... he touched himself last night.

While making this face:

garybusey.jpg

out of latex and custard...knowing he had stumbled on a new business venture...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

LIMERICK!

there was a colonel called mustard
    who's face was made from custard
    he climbed a big tree
    long johns at his knees
    fell down and his willy got busted ....

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

ah boredom

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Teary eyed, he took his busted willy in hand and thought of the good times they'd shared together, like that picnic in the minefields.

where he discovered the female wharthefúckarewe tribe who helped him to navigate the minefield while carrying his picnic basket and his willy for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

while the walked through the jeepers creepers field, watching out for the flying scarecrow

The flying scarecrow was a close friend, so he didn't want to miss him flying past, and as he watched, he remembered that time that they had gotten drunk and nekkid together, remembered it fondly.

then he tripped and fell into a rabbit hole and woke up naked in a room full of

bananas in pyjamas who were coming down the stairs.

with didgeridoo's strapped to their backs and

• Advertisement

their heads loosely duct-taped to their bodies, but they were in no danger of falling off, for duct-tape is powerful stuff, even when loosely applied.

Advertisement