Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAS Student paramedic 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JBB2020

I've contacted the NDLS and there's nothing they can do when the licence is in process. They are hoping it should be processed soon!
    I've emailed the HBS recruit but I've heard nothing back! There's no way to contact them by phone.

Shau_98 wrote: »
    God I didn't get a request, have me worried now
    Update: Was looking at my work email by mistake. I received it.

I'm sure there's hundreds of applicants and it'll take time...if they're going alphabetically my name would be near the top... Or else there's something amiss with my application and they want confirmation!

Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

JBB2020 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's hundreds of applicants and it'll take time...if they're going alphabetically my name would be near the top... Or else there's something amiss with my application and they want confirmation!

Time will tell!

My license is also held up at the moment because my doctor filled in my medical certificate wrong. I actually did an online application so I still have my Certificate of competency so I've just sent that off.

I asked a question at the beginning of recruitment and they replied within 2 day. I am sure there is probably a few who are in the same position as you. I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Jimmy113

My license is also held up at the moment because my doctor filled in my medical certificate wrong. I actually did an online application so I still have my Certificate of competency so I've just sent that off.

I asked a question at the beginning of recruitment and they replied within 2 day. I am sure there is probably a few who are in the same position as you. I wouldn't worry.
    In fairness to them they are usually very good at coming back on queries.

The NAS got back to me; they said they would get back to me in due course 🀔 🀔

The NAS got back to me; they said they would get back to me in due course 🀔 🀔

I'd say since you are waiting on your license that they'll make an exception for your application.
    I just got a text today saying my License should be delivered within 15 days, I sent it off on the 13th of January. NDLS have been super busy so Id say there's just such a backlog!

I'd say since you are waiting on your license that they'll make an exception for your application.
    I just got a text today saying my License should be delivered within 15 days, I sent it off on the 13th of January. NDLS have been super busy so Id say there's just such a backlog!

Hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishlad765

Hey guys,

If any of you got the email about providing proof of C1 and don't have the license back from NDLS yet, look at your email and you should have received an email from the RSA stating date time location category and pass of your C1 test.

HBS will accept that as proof of the c1 until your license has arrived.

Just some advice which I hope helps a few of you.

Wishing you all the best during the application process

Unfortunately I applied in person so I don't have any email confirmation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Sparkey84

hiya guys, best of luck to all applying. just a little bit of information that may be of use. in the past the nas have accepted a provisional licence and a cert of competence ie the cert you get for passing test. once the date on the cert was before the cut off. 10 years ago one guy got refused at aptitude test as his licence was dated two days after cut off date. even though he passed his test two days before. the ndls (local tax office at time i think) used the date the cert was processed not the date issued.
    that info is 10years old but still hold through and be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishlad765

Unfortunately I applied in person so I don't have any email confirmation :(

The RSA send you an email with the results of your test and any faults etc is what I mean.
    Nothing to do with the ndls..

Check your emails and search rsa and you should have something confirming date time location of your test and the pass on it

The RSA send you an email with the results of your test and any faults etc is what I mean.
    Nothing to do with the ndls..

Check your emails and search rsa and you should have something confirming date time location of your test and the pass on it

Oh yes.... Brilliant! Thanks for that.... I never even thought of it!! I'll send that off now! You are a gent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kem123

Got an email today advising I got through the first stage and will receive an email with a test date and practice material a week before we do the aptitude tests. The aptitude tests will be done online 😊

I received an email too.... I'm delighted. I'm not looking forward to the aptitude tests! What kind of pass rates are there usually on these tests?

I received an email too.... I'm delighted. I'm not looking forward to the aptitude tests! What kind of pass rates are there usually on these tests?

Not sure what the pass rates are but get plenty of practice in when the material comes out. Also have a look on YouTube for aptitude test practice material. Did they give any idea when the tests will be?

• Advertisement

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Not sure what the pass rates are but get plenty of practice in when the material comes out. Also have a look on YouTube for aptitude test practice material. Did they give any idea when the tests will be?

The email didn't give any details on dates. All they said was they'd contact us a week before the test. The application info states that they hoped to have the tests in March and interviews in April!

I got a request for id yesterday.... Hopefully that's a sign that testing will be coming up soon!!

Got an email in relation to the test yesterday! Said we will get results on the 29th.
    Good luck everyone!

Just completed my aptitude test.
    I feel confident going out of out but also unsure if i got some of the stuff right. Hope everyone gets on good and we all have good news come the end of march <3

Best of luck to all

• Advertisement

Well done guys.... I wish you all luck!

I haven't done mine yet.... I'm very nervous about it. I might try it Friday morning when there's a bit of peace and quiet ðŸ™

At least it seems to be moving along now. Interviews in April by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amy98

Just completed my aptitude test.
    I feel confident going out of out but also unsure if i got some of the stuff right. Hope everyone gets on good and we all have good news come the end of march <3

Hey just curious, did you just get an email to complete aptitude test in your own time? And then they mark it? Best of luck to you all x

Well... Aptitude done... I reckon I passed but by how much I don't know!! Didn't finish either of them :(

Well... Aptitude done... I reckon I passed but by how much I don't know!! Didn't finish either of them :(

I don’t think they expect you to finish them. It’s more quality over quantity ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Did anyone else get an email saying they passed! Delighted! Sending off the required documents tomorrow.

Hoping I get called for an interview soon. Good luck everyone.

Did anyone else get an email saying they passed! Delighted! Sending off the required documents tomorrow.

Hoping I get called for an interview soon. Good luck everyone.
    That was quick. Huge congrats! Keep us posted on the interview dates.

That was quick. Huge congrats! Keep us posted on the interview dates.

Yeah no problem! It was super quick wasn't it as I think I only sat it last week.

Email just said I passed the tests and I need to send off the proof of penalty points and my leaving certificate results. It says once these are confirmed by UCC as eligible I will move onto the interview round. No idea on which band I am in for interviews.

I passed too... Absolutely delighted!

I didn't realise there's bands for the interviews! How many bands are there and how does it work?

The request for education certs.... If you have the leaving certificate requirements do you need to submit college certificates?

• Advertisement

The request for education certs.... If you have the leaving certificate requirements do you need to submit college certificates?

I swear I read somewhere about bands for interviews but don't hold me to it. I think there is Band A/B/C/D. Let me find where I saw it.

I think it depends what you filled in on the application form.

Stage 3 is what we are currently at which is the eligibility shift where we will be ranked.

Stage 3 is what we are currently at which is the eligibility shift where we will be ranked.

Thanks Shau_98. Hopefully we'll be in the top bands!

Thanks Shau_98. Hopefully we'll be in the top bands!

No problem!
    Hopefully, good luck anyway.

I'd say there is probably a lot who passed and it's a highly competitive recruitment process so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

No problem!
    Hopefully, good luck anyway.

I'd say there is probably a lot who passed and it's a highly competitive recruitment process so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Yeah.. Me too!

Sent off my documents this evening.

Sent off my documents this evening.

Me too... Have a terrible feeling I'm forgetting something though.... Despite having read the instructions a dozen times!!

Me too... Have a terrible feeling I'm forgetting something though.... Despite having read the instructions a dozen times!!

I'm the same I kept double checking!

My documents were received but the eligibility shift hasn't been done yet.

So nervous

• Advertisement

My documents were received but the eligibility shift hasn't been done yet.

So nervous

I hear you.... Hopefully we'll hear back soon!

Anymore news on the interviews?

Anymore news on the interviews?

Nothing yet. Today was the deadline for the eligibility sift material. Hopefully we'll hear sonny enough!

I'm hoping we will hear by the end of the month.
    Do they give you enough time to prepare?
    I'm nervous about the competency questions as I don't have much healthcare experience as some people I'd say.

I'm hoping we will hear by the end of the month.
    Do they give you enough time to prepare?
    I'm nervous about the competency questions as I don't have much healthcare experience as some people I'd say.

I have no healthcare experience either. From everything I have read that shouldn't matter! Let's hope so anyway!

I have no healthcare experience either. From everything I have read that shouldn't matter! Let's hope so anyway!
    it does not matter the context as long as your competences show team work, decision making, problem solving etx

i have done the interview plus a few more after for promotion / courses and so on.

best advice i can give is to have a back up story for each competency, if the interviewer does not think your essay will score you high enough they will give you every chance to get the ticks on the page by asking for another example

• Advertisement

Totally agree with Sparkey on this. My interview went fine. Very nice people on the panel. As previously advised by Sparkey have another example for each competency section. They may ask you for another example so always good to have a backup. I also had no background in medical but I was involved in the Civil Defence AUX Fire Service and I used this to draw on experience in being part of a team etc. Most of the questions can relate back to any job you currently have. It doesn’t have to be emergency service related.

Just be yourself and try to relax and you’ll fly it. They really are not there to catch you out.

Anyone heard any updates?

No updates yet. Patiently waiting.

Can anyone tell me what the course is like for the first 12 weeks, just info and modules etc.

Also do many people commute to the place or stay Mon-Friday in hotels or digs? I live around 2hrs from ballinasloe and tallagaht and I do have a family of my own. But preemptive asking these but just curious.

Can anyone tell me what the course is like for the first 12 weeks, just info and modules etc.

Also do many people commute to the place or stay Mon-Friday in hotels or digs? I live around 2hrs from ballinasloe and tallagaht and I do have a family of my own. But preemptive asking these but just curious.

Patiently waiting.... Fair play to you.... I'm checking my emails and this forum at least 20 times a day....
    I'm definitely not waiting patiently! 😂 😂

Great questions... I'd be interested too. I've a family too.

https://www.phecit.ie/PHECC/Education_and_careers/Education_and_training_standards/PHECC/Education_and_careers/Education_and_Training_Standards/Education_and_Training_Standards.aspx?hkey=1733bd9d-1ea7-41e7-af20-8ab0f40ab846

this is a link to the education standards by phecc. nas will train you phecc will examine and the information they want you to have is in that document. the 12 weeks will involve breaking down the body systems and patient assessment skills needed to reach those standards.

i would suggest commuting that distance on top of study is not reasonable. shearwater hotel in ballinasloe do a €40 a night deal. tallaght is about €60. i believe there are house shares available and that current students do this but i have no direct information.

the start of the process can be hard on family life, esp of moved away for internship. i would say worth it in the end though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement