Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biansi Imist

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

stevenmu wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing how it works for you, I'm loving mine, but there's always that part of you wondering if there's something much better out there.

I know how you feel! I'm the same. I'm happy with my C but keep hearing great things about the iMist and want to compare them.

The other thing about the C is that tere will be anLR version but I dont think the iMist has that option.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Aaron Chen wrote: »
    How to refill liquid for Imist cartridge? anybody know? hehe.

Using a needle bottle, liquid bottle with needle, I am designing a new liquid bottom now, easy for refilling imist cartridge.

Aaron
    I mostly use a needle bottle. When I use a normal bottle top it forms an airtight seal with the tank so you have to really squeeze to overcome the air pressure, it still works fine, just a needle bottle is slightly better.

The other thing about the C is that tere will be anLR version but I dont think the iMist has that option.
    I haven't heard of one yet, it works so well for me on an eGo battery though I don't know if there's any need. It give plenty of vapour as it is, and compared to the other things I've use (DCCs and eGo-W), you can get a great hit for a much shorter draw on it. Actually that's one of my favourite things about it, rather than one big long draw, I can take two or three shorter ones and still get a good hit on them all.

Oh, and one thing to try when you get it is to hold the button and blow into the mouthpiece a little to see the vapour come out the air intakes, it looks pretty cool (though I'm very easily amused).

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Does anyone know if you can buy replacement wicks for the imist anywhere? I thought I seen them on some website in packs of 5 but I cant seem to find them now. I'm beginning to think I was imagining things. I have ordered the imist atty from IV and it comes with 2 wicks but if I like it I want to have a source to get wicks from. Looking forward to getting it now hopefully it will be a stayer...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

irishvapers have replacement wicks afaik

• Advertisement

Yeah, of all of the hardware that I've tried (and there's been more than enough!!) it definitely gives significantly more vapour alright. For some reason TVS juices don't come out well on mine though. There's always a funny aftertaste.

IV have them here: http://www.irishvapers.ie/accesories/165-wick-replacements-for-imist-atomizer.html.

They're kinda hard to find under the navigation, you have to select the Accessories category, not one of the sub-categories.

Thanks for that i knew i seen them before thought i was going mad..
    IV have them here: http://www.irishvapers.ie/accesories/165-wick-replacements-for-imist-atomizer.html.

They're kinda hard to find under the navigation, you have to select the Accessories category, not one of the sub-categories.

How long did you get out of a wick? The atomiser that I've ordered has (I assume) 1 wick in the atty + 1 spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The wick in mine is there about a month now, I take it out every week and wash it.

• Advertisement

How long did you get out of a wick? The atomiser that I've ordered has (I assume) 1 wick in the atty + 1 spare.
    There should be one it and then two spares I think.

I'm not too sure how long they last. I'm getting a horrible burnt taste out of mine today that I haven't been able to get rid of, I'm not sure if it's the wick or the coil yet (or both). I had gotten so confident in it that I wasn't carrying spares, and I assumed that if one/other was going I'd get plenty of warning but over the course of 4 to 5 drags it went from delicious full on menthol to a disgusting burnt plasticy taste. When I get home I'll try changing wick first then the atty to see which is the problem.

Both wick and coil have been in use for about 2 weeks, I 'cleaned' them both once by soaking overnight in isopropyl alcohol and then leaving to dry. Tbh that didn't look like it did a lot for them, I'll have to look into better cleaning methods.

I clean the coil with a soft toothbrush under hot running water, careful though!

I clean the coil with a soft toothbrush under hot running water, careful though!
    Good idea, thanks. How long has yours lasted?

Since 26-01-2012
    I'm still on the original one.

My Imist battery has just gone dead though, only used it a handful of times too.
    I keep it in reserve for long days away from home, but I connected it today and it's not working.
    I charged it on Saturday and put it in the drawer, but it just blinks when connected to the atty and doesn't light at all when disconnected!

Have cleaned all contacts and my ego-t batteries are working fine.
    Any suggestions anyone?

I've noticed that the iMist batteries don't charge properly with at least one of my chargers, a genuine Joye one, though my other eGo batteries do. It does seem to charge fine on the charger it came with though. I have been rotating between the two that came in the kit and they have mostly worked fine. There was one time that it flashed and stopped working as if it was dead, so I put it on to charge but it didn't kick into charging mode (light on battery didn't flash and light on charger stayed green), so I connected it to the atty again and it worked great for about an hour before dying again. I tried a different charger and it charged fine that time.

So in short, try a different charger if you can and make sure it starts charging properly (battery light should flash a few times and then charger light should go red).

try a different charger if you can and make sure it starts charging properly (battery light should flash a few times and then charger light should go red).

Just tried my other charger and it's the same.
    Solid green light on the charger and I believe the battery is fully charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Have you tried cleaning the contact on your battery. This happens with my Ego batteries sometimes. I thought one had died on me, but a quick wipe and all well.

Yeah, gave it a clean but no joy (although it was as new)
    Have arranged a replacement from IrishVapers.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Should be getting one tomorrow, cant wait to try it out, based on reviews ive seen/heard it could be a winner

Let us know how you get on.
    My experience with it, was that it takes a new atty a few hours to "really get going"
    That said, it impressed me from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

I've noticed that the iMist batteries don't charge properly with at least one of my chargers, a genuine Joye one, though my other eGo batteries do. It does seem to charge fine on the charger it came with though. I have been rotating between the two that came in the kit and they have mostly worked fine. There was one time that it flashed and stopped working as if it was dead, so I put it on to charge but it didn't kick into charging mode (light on battery didn't flash and light on charger stayed green), so I connected it to the atty again and it worked great for about an hour before dying again. I tried a different charger and it charged fine that time.

So in short, try a different charger if you can and make sure it starts charging properly (battery light should flash a few times and then charger light should go red).

How to charge?
    1, connect battery with usb charger, the led on the battery flash 5 times(red), the led on the usb charger flash green to red.

2, led light turn to green if the battery is full charging.
    3, during the charging, led light on the battery not flash.
    4, after full charging, it has a automatic stop function, but my suggestion is do not charge battery too long, 650mAh is 2 hours, 900mAh is about 2.5hours, 1100mAh is about 3 hours.

Hope this is helpful.

By the way, some battery is blue led light, so it flash 5 times (blue light)

Aaron

I got my Biansi Imist attomiser today and I've been using it with my ego battery. I love it so far and am very impressed. I find the taste, throat hit, and vapour to be sufficient and I'm looking forward to vaping without leaks now.
    I'm so impressed with it, I've just gone and ordered the whole Biansi kit from IV... :D

I think you did right, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

Soft, do remember.
    If no black and dirty on the coil and heating wire, no buring taste, no need to clean.

Aaron

Such perfect timing!

My new Imist atty arrived by post today and within an hour my original atty died :D

35 days of active service, RIP you will be sadly missed.

Just got it working again :p

Poked around at the coil with a cocktail stick and pushed and pulled on the threaded part and it sprang back to life.
    Probably only a temporary fix though.

Aaron Chen wrote: »
    Soft, do remember.
    If no black and dirty on the coil and heating wire, no buring taste, no need to clean.

Aaron

Aaron when are the replaceable coils going to be available? how do you get the coils out to replace???

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

glasso wrote: »
    Aaron when are the replaceable coils going to be available? how do you get the coils out to replace???

Wondered the same myself. How do you take it out without breaking the silicon cup?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can replace the actual coil wire.
    I think "replacement coils" means the bottom part of the atty.

• Advertisement

I haven't tried because I don't want to kill it, but it looks like it could be possible to pull out the coil, cup and surrounding mesh as one piece. Then you'd just have to get a replacement coil+cup+mesh unit and drop it in.

Advertisement