Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Biansi Imist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

That would be very handy.
    I'd guess it's soldered in, under the ceramic cup part?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can replace the actual coil wire.
    I think "replacement coils" means the bottom part of the atty.

that's what I thought too - by replacement coils I mean the coil unit. when your one totally breaks you can see if it pops out.

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Think they have replacement bottom coil parts on safercig.

Got mine in the post today and used it abit. Not much of a throathit but hoping it just needs to break in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Got mine today too and find the draw a bit airy. There's a good flavour but I think the flavour is fuller with the eGo-C.

Getting a bit of a burnt taste this evening too. Might try pull the wick down slightly.

It's well put together though alright. Not sure if I'm convinced that it's better than the C yet at the same time. I think the iMist and eGo-C are pretty close to be honest.

• Advertisement

Im getting a burnt taste too, scared to touch the wick incase i break it though

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Im getting a burnt taste too, scared to touch the wick incase i break it though

Half afraid myself too but it looks like it's a better built wick than the C. Now they're what you call delicate!

Half afraid myself too but it looks like it's a better built wick than the C. Now they're what you call delicate!

I was in work earlier and gave the coil a tiny little tug and some pulled out :eek: .... left it alone then!

I was in work earlier and gave the coil a tiny little tug and some pulled out :eek: .... left it alone then!

I've just given mine a little poke from the top with a needle and it might be a bit better but still a hint of that god forsaken burnt taste in the vapour. I just touched the wick earlier too and a strand shifted down as well so I'm not going near it again!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The wick is fine to pull down, and it'll do it very easily with just the gentlest of tugs. Just try and do it by grabbing the whole thing, if you only grab a single strand or two they might come out separately, especially as it gets older and a bit frayed. Also it's not very long and comes out very easily, which is fine because it just pops right back in again, but be careful not to drop it.

Another way to fix the dry burn taste is to give a little blow into the mouthpiece or a give it a good suck after every couple of hits without activating the battery. I think the problem is caused by a vacumn forming in the tank as juice leaves, and this helps overcome it. Popping the tank out and back in again quickly works too, but giving a blow/suck helps clear out any lingering vapor which may turn to condensation. You'll notice that after 3/4 good hits that there's still a pretty good bit of vapor left hanging around in the atomiser.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    The wick is fine to pull down, and it'll do it very easily with just the gentlest of tugs. Also it's not very long and comes out very easily, which is fine because it just pops right back in again, but be careful not to drop it.

As stevenmu says, don't be afraid to pull it down (or out for that matter) it's quite robust and can just be popped back in there.

I've tried pulling the wick down but still getting the burnt taste. The vapour is good but just can't get rid of the taste.

Might try steeping it in alcohol tomorrow.

Think they have replacement bottom coil parts on safercig.

Got mine in the post today and used it abit. Not much of a throathit but hoping it just needs to break in

can't see them - only replacement wicks.
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/IMIST_Atomizer/p705283_5330582.aspx

no answer from the man from iMist either on the subject....

I soaked the atty and glass fibre for a short while this morning and it's performing better. No burnt taste.

Pulled the wick down a bit too. Seems to be very sensitive to getting that right.

Why don't any of these yokes work straight from the box??? Besides that it's good.

I'm away for the week next week but I'll be carrying my old reliable EGo-C with me as well as the iMist. It's like a baby's soother to me. Ha ha!

I soaked the atty and glass fibre for a short while this morning and it's performing better. No burnt taste.

Pulled the wick down a bit too. Seems to be very sensitive to getting that right.

Why don't any of these yokes work straight from the box??? Besides that it's good.

I'm away for the week next week but I'll be carrying my old reliable EGo-C with me as well as the iMist. It's like a baby's soother to me. Ha ha! Even though I may not need it, I always like to have it nearby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Its weird because i got ego-c recently and had lots of wick/dry burning issues with it, so much so that I just stopped using it and went back to the ego-t. I have been using the Biansi atomiser since yesterday with no problems at all. I'm beginning to think its just pot luck with any of them. I really hope the Biansi keeps happening for me because I'm really enjoying my vaping now and its so good having no leaks and not wasting liquid.

I'm away for the week next week but I'll be carrying my old reliable EGo-C with me as well as the iMist. It's like a baby's soother to me. Ha ha!

I've had my imist for a couple of days now. To be honest, I'm not that blown away by it. All of the stuff I read on the internet claimed that it was way better than the eGo-C but I'd say mine is about equivalent in many ways and slightly worse in others.

It seems to leak quite a bit judging by the amount of liquid that's inside the cone whenever I take it out so I'll try a new tank and maybe that'll resolve that?

I get a hint of that stinking burnt taste taste in the background almost all the time no matter what I do with the wick. I might try to give the coil a bit of a clean with a toothbrush gently.

The flavour is not quite as good as the C either.

It is definitely easier to get access to the coil and wick than the eGo-C alright though.

I've had my imist for a couple of days now. To be honest, I'm not that blown away by it. All of the stuff I read on the internet claimed that it was way better than the eGo-C but I'd say mine is about equivalent in many ways and slightly worse in others.

It seems to leak quite a bit judging by the amount of liquid that's inside the cone whenever I take it out so I'll try a new tank and maybe that'll resolve that?

I get a hint of that stinking burnt taste taste in the background almost all the time no matter what I do with the wick. I might try to give the coil a bit of a clean with a toothbrush gently.

The flavour is not quite as good as the C either.

It is definitely easier to get access to the coil and wick than the eGo-C alright though.

I've never really had leaking issues - maybe if you have wick too far down (hence space to leak out of end of silicone tip) you could get this I'm guessing. might also expalin burnt taste (wick getting burnt off the coil as too much of it in contact).

100% vg or other very high vg juices don't wick well in general on any device so could be a factor if using something like that.

also try the suggestion of blowing into mouthpiece every few draws.

glasso wrote: »
    I've never really had leaking issues - maybe if you have wick too far down you could get this I'm guessing. might also expalin burnt taste (wick getting burnt off the coil as too much of it in contact).

also try the suggestion of blowing into mouthpiece every few draws.

I'll try that but do you notice the liquid inside the cone as well? One other question, I notice that my coil is in a C shape i.e. curves down towards the ceramic cup. Is that normal or should it be straight across?

I'll try that but do you notice the liquid inside the cone as well? One other question, I notice that my coil is in a C shape i.e. curves down towards the ceramic cup. Is that normal or should it be straight across?

after using it and removing tank to refill there is some liquid around the tank and cone but not much and it doesn't leak into coil and battery.

• Advertisement

after using it and removing tank to refill there is some liquid around the tank and cone but not much and it doesn't leak into coil and battery.

I noticed some after reaching my battery connection this morning. How deep is your wick. Does it come down further than the level of the cone connection if you know what I mean? Should I be able to leave the cone sitting on the table without bending the wick?

I noticed some after reaching my battery connection this morning. How deep is your wick. Does it come down further than the level of the cone connection if you know what I mean? Should I be able to leave the cone sitting on the table without bending the wick?

the wicks are std length. just try different positions for it. I'd say that the wick on my atty has 3mm visible length out of the cone bit, judging by eye. I sometimes have slight burnt taste in background but I'm using vg 100% at mo. I'm going to start replacing wick material with some Bulli wick kindly supplied by Derra and do that every few days. If that doesn't work out well I'll just buy a lot of the wicks - they are only 50 cent each and replace twice a week - not a big cost. atty coil lasts ages.

for burnt taste another suggestion is to clean coil with a brush. can help removing any burnt taste and only takes a minute to do. I use an interdental brush as it can get down onto the coil and around the sides. otherwise your wick has gotten too burned - remove hold between fingertips under warm water and dry with tissue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm pretty sure the liquid you'll see in the cone, the outside of the tank and in the battery connector is just condensation. Blowing/sucking out the mouthpiece when you're done helps a lot, I don't get any on the battery any more and only a little on the cone/tank.

With the wick, I pull it down as far as possible, it's so loose that when you screw it back together the coil pushes it back up again. Though I have to admit, I do seem to have burnt one wick by doing that :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the liquid you'll see in the cone, the outside of the tank and in the battery connector is just condensation. Blowing/sucking out the mouthpiece when you're done helps a lot, I don't get any on the battery any more and only a little on the cone/tank.

With the wick, I pull it down as far as possible, it's so loose that when you screw it back together the coil pushes it back up again. Though I have to admit, I do seem to have burnt one wick by doing that :)

yes it can be easy to burn out the wicks. realistically depending on how much you are vaping you will be replacing the wick once or twice a week. I've tried cleaning them but they are never the same really after getting badly burnt. as they are only 50 cent a go it's not too bad. 100% vg will mean shorter wick life compared to 70/30 pg/vg too as it's touger to wick.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I've been using the imist now since last Wednesday and overall I'm fairly content with it. I have had no leaks whatsoever but I did get a burning taste on a couple of occasions and interestingly it wasn't the wick it was the tank. I think what happened is that it got air locked somehow and the liquid stopped flowing down to the atty as fast as it should have. I just emptied the tank back into bottle and refilled a new tank. The tank I emptied then worked fine after rinsing it and drying it again. Moral of the story - It might not always be the wick and atomiser so its worth checking the tank if you get a burnt taste before changing or throwing away a wick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

newmark wrote: »
    I've been using the imist now since last Wednesday and overall I'm fairly content with it. I have had no leaks whatsoever but I did get a burning taste on a couple of occasions and interestingly it wasn't the wick it was the tank. I think what happened is that it got air locked somehow and the liquid stopped flowing down to the atty as fast as it should have. I just emptied the tank back into bottle and refilled a new tank. The tank I emptied then worked fine after rinsing it and drying it again. Moral of the story - It might not always be the wick and atomiser so its worth checking the tank if you get a burnt taste before changing or throwing away a wick!

How to solve air locked: 1, take tanks out from imist atomizer, then put tanks into imist atomizer, air locked will be solved.

Some times is wick, sometimes is tanks, you are right.

Aaron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adrian1979

for $ 4, is the best !!!
    the new owner of imist.
    thanks

adrian1979 wrote: »
    for $ 4, is the best !!!
    the new owner of imist.
    thanks

?????????????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

what is $4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

yes it can be easy to burn out the wicks. realistically depending on how much you are vaping you will be replacing the wick once or twice a week. I've tried cleaning them but they are never the same really after getting badly burnt. as they are only 50 cent a go it's not too bad. 100% vg will mean shorter wick life compared to 70/30 pg/vg too as it's touger to wick.

You can clean the wicks on ego's very easily if take them out and hold them over a cooker gas ring with a pair of pliars until the wick glows.

The wick will be a bright white colour after this.

The Imist wicks should be exactly the same - I'll try it later on and post the results.

*edit*

Just tried it but used a lighter instead - wick is pristine again and works perfectly.

Advertisement