Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Biansi Imist

• 26-01-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Just got a Biansi Imist atomizer from Irishvapers and am going to use it with my ego batteries.

I had to pull the wick down a tiny bit to get a good throat hit from it, but it seems to be working beautifully now.
    It's feels quite heavy, but very well made.
    Looks really nice in chrome, with the Biansi logo printed on it.

It came with:

1 tank (newer type with silicone stopper)
    1 wick installed
    2 spare wicks

Cost €13, which is a good deal I think, considering the spare wicks.

I'll update in a few days and let ye know how it's performing.

Comments

Just got a Biansi Imist atomizer from Irishvapers and am going to use it with my ego batteries.

I had to pull the wick down a tiny bit to get a good throat hit from it, but it seems to be working beautifully now.
    It's feels quite heavy, but very well made.
    Looks really nice in chrome, with the Biansi logo printed on it.

It came with:

1 tank (newer type with silicone stopper)
    1 wick installed
    2 spare wicks

Cost €13, which is a good deal I think, considering the spare wicks.

I'll update in a few days and let ye know how it's performing.

u got a tank too for the €13. doesn't include a tank in the description on their site. let us know how you get on - might be interested in one. no cone required for use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

glasso wrote: »
    no cone required for use?

No, just a battery and some juice and it's good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,923 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Friend of mine is thinking of getting the full kit and asked my advice.

Anyone else with experience of the atomiser or kit? Thanks.

Not your ornery onager

No, just a battery and some juice and it's good to go!

cool, will probably give it a go once my current atties give up the ghost. have settled on atties + good tank or direct drip. cartos just too much hassle with all that refilling, not knowing when they will run out, spilling juice etc etc.

how does the taste and vapour compare to direct drip?

see that some forums in uk suggest that maybe you can rewick these things with your own wire / wick - could work out very economical.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,923 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel wrote: »
    Friend of mine is thinking of getting the full kit and asked my advice.

Anyone else with experience of the atomiser or kit? Thanks.
    Just googled for reviews there -looks good. I'll tell him to go ahead.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Been using it all day and I'm impressed.
    There's just the right amount of air coming through it for me, unlike some ego-t atties that feel like sucking on a blocked hosepipe.
    Vapour and taste are excellent, when the wick is set right.

My one and only gripe is that I've had to adjust the wick a couple of times today, as it seems to lift slightly in the needle plate and I begin to get a slightly dry, muted taste. (perhaps I'm drawing too hard on it or it gets sucked up a tad when the tank is pulled off????)
    That said, it's a simple 20 second job to set it right with finger nails or tweezers.

It's early days yet, but I've just ordered another one in case they go out of stock again, so I must be happy with them ;)

Regarding making your own wicks, I've been looking into that for some time now.
    I've not had much luck in finding a supply of silicone string yet. I see fibreglass rope for sale (used to seal oven doors and wood stoves) but I'm uneasy about using it, in case my lungs begin bleeding after a week :)
    Perhaps that's what mine are made of anyway? I dunno!

I used the mesh from inside a dead atty to fix up a couple of wicks before, works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I've not had much luck in finding a supply of silicone string yet. I see fibreglass rope for sale (used to seal oven doors and wood stoves) but I'm uneasy about using it, in case my lungs begin bleeding after a week :)
    Perhaps that's what mine are made of anyway? I dunno!

I used the mesh from inside a dead atty to fix up a couple of wicks before, works fine.

I have a few small bits here that you can have, assuming it's very little that you need for each repair.
    I get it from here for repairing the Bulli.
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=45
    Is it possible to replace the wire in that atty?

Send me a PM and i'll post it off to ya, just don't expect much :)

derra wrote: »
    I have a few small bits here that you can have, assuming it's very little that you need for each repair.
    I get it from here for repairing the Bulli.
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=45
    Is it possible to replace the wire in that atty?

Send me a PM and i'll post it off to ya, just don't expect much :)

That's very nice of you thanks ;)

I suppose with the right tools and know how it would be possible to re-wire it, but they are not designed to really be repairable.
    I would try to repair it if I had no other choice, but I think it would be a V fiddly and time consuming job.

I'd love to get a few bits of string to try it and if successful I'll order some. PM on the way, cheers.

That's very nice of you thanks ;)

I suppose with the right tools and know how it would be possible to re-wire it, but they are not designed to really be repairable.
    I would try to repair it if I had no other choice, but I think it would be a V fiddly and time consuming job.

I'd love to get a few bits of string to try it and if successful I'll order some. PM on the way, cheers.

Haven't looked into them at all and i won't be buying either to know if ya can.
    Am sure there be something on YT or ukvapers about repairing that might give you an idea.
    As i said, let me know and i'll pop a bit of wire in the post too.

Had a good poke around inside the atty and I don't think it's feasible to repair the coil without destroying it altogether :(

It's so small and tightly packed in, that getting to the underside (where the coil wire connects) without breaking the ceramic, would be a tall order.

Had a look on YT, but can't find anything about replacing coil wire.

Thanks for the offer though, I do appreciate it.

• Advertisement

pulled the trigger and bought one of these (is there no end to the amount of crap that you can accumulate through vaping). wonder how long it will last for with the 3 wicks...? I'm not a really heavy vaper - maybe get a few months out of it. How often are you supposed to clean the thing?

Had a good poke around inside the atty and I don't think it's feasible to repair the coil without destroying it altogether :(

It's so small and tightly packed in, that getting to the underside (where the coil wire connects) without breaking the ceramic, would be a tall order.

Had a look on YT, but can't find anything about replacing coil wire.

Thanks for the offer though, I do appreciate it.

could you just make your own wicks tho - i.e. make it last longer than the 3 supplied and get as long as you can from the coil bit by cleaning.

could you just make your own wicks tho - i.e. make it last longer than the 3 supplied and get as long as you can from the coil bit by cleaning.

The coil will only last so long as well before snapping.
    If ya could replace that as well it be a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I get fed up topping up the cartomisers too and tried the eGo-C. When it worked, it was great and the atty itself was as good as new after regular maintenance.

But.....after a couple of weeks I've had enough of the leaks, I've had enough of the tampering to get the atty working as it should! Just fed up with the constant fiddling and adjusting. Bit disillusioned with it. Bought some DCC LR XL because at least they are robust.

Is there any leaking at all with this Bianii system? Also, is the vapour warm or cool? I prefer warm myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you're sick of topping up cartos, look into carto tanks

i have a chibi tank from parkes vaping and it's pretty good

Is there any leaking at all with this Bianii system? Also, is the vapour warm or cool? I prefer warm myself.

No leaks whatsoever, now on day 3 and it's still storming along.

The draw seems cool to me and I just noticed that the increased airflow is probably due to the fact that there are 4 "air intake vents" on the base of the cone, unlike the ego which has 2.

I'm also only using about half the amount of juice that I used with the DCC's, as there is no mess or waste. That was probably my fault though for over filling the carts in case I ran them dry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Or what about the Smokeymizer? Previous versions seemed to have a problem with leaking, but I have not experienced any issues with them. Apart from a small learning curve in the filling of them, once filled you can really just forget about them and vape away for hours on end, without having to refill............

achieve wrote: »

Or what about the Smokeymizer? Previous versions seemed to have a problem with leaking, but I have not experienced any issues with them. Apart from a small learning curve in the filling of them, once filled you can really just forget about them and vape away for hours on end, without having to refill............

is the imist easy to fill and clean - how do u do it? do u leave the cap on the tank?

Filling is very easy, especially with a needle tip bottle or syringe.
    Just drip juice through the hole in the tank until it's almost full.
    Cleaning should be easy too, easier than an ego-t anyway.

Which leads me nicely to my next point.
    I separated the coil part from the wick part tonight, as I felt the need to blow any possible excess juice out (old ego-t habits die hard)

I blew through the wick part and the wick shot out like a bullet and went straight down the sink hole!!!! :p
    So heads up peeps, they're not too tight in there.

Found a really informative YT review here

Mentions all the stuff I initially said, plus a lot more.
    Worth a peek if you're considering getting one.

just got this today - pretty good. seems to handle 100% vg ok (bestshop ry4) even tho some have reported problems with thick e-liquid. doesn't work with my vv ego battery tho, only on normal ego batts. do I need a 510 to ego adaptor for that one?

edit - got it to work using this tip....
    http://ggecigs.net/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=199

edit again
    very impressed - no leaks at all. much more convenient than cartomisers and taste almost (95%) as good as direct dripping. Hope that it keeps going like this... worth trying out.

• Advertisement

Irish Vapers are out of stock of the atomisers at the moment so I've registered to be notified when they come in again. I've an eGo-C and it's good when it's working but tends to give burnt taste every now and again and also leaks a little. I tried the silicone caps but they were a completed disaster and the leaks were 254,125,000 times worse! They seem to work for some people but I found them terrible and I could taste the silicone too.

Bought some DCC LR XL towards the end of last week but I'm gone off them. The atomisers give a better flavour and I can always kind of taste the filler too.

For 13 Euro, I might try the iMist but I'm not really sure if there's any advantage over the eGo-C. I've had some wicking issues with the eGo-C but keeping the PV vertical has helped immensely.

Actually, I can buy 1m for £1.95 from Cloud 9 Vapers but I dont know how to re-wick.......could I just cut a piece and tie a little knot on it and put it into the spike or do I need more finesse............

Take a look at this

No idea what he's saying, but you get the idea anyway.
    Have done this in the past, but I squeeze a piece of wire mesh around the top to keep it together. If you open up an old atty, you will find plenty of mesh inside.

I'm sure there are other/better ways to do it, but I had fairly good results with this method.

by the way - no problem filling the tank with normal eliquid bottle. no need for syringes or needle tips. just put end right up against the hole and squeeze in drops. no spill.

I see they have replacement wicks for the iMist on IV now. Wonder would they be made to fit the eGo-C?

I see they have replacement wicks for the iMist on IV now. Wonder would they be made to fit the eGo-C?

give up the ego-c - try the imist - won't regret it! atty comes with 1 tank and 2 replacement wicks with it... worth the 13 euro...

give up the ego-c - try the imist - won't regret it! atty comes with 1 tank and 2 replacement wicks with it... worth the 13 euro...

Ha ha. Yeah, I'll buy it when IV have the atomisers in stock again. Last hardware I'll buy though...fed up trying to get the hassle free solution so hopefully they get them in soon!

So you're enjoying it then?
    Mine is storming along for the past 6 days, really impressed with it.
    I'm regretting buying that ego-c atty now, I'll put it in the car as an emergency atty for when I'm out and about.

So you're enjoying it then?
    Mine is storming along for the past 6 days, really impressed with it.
    I'm regretting buying that ego-c atty now, I'll put it in the car as an emergency atty for when I'm out and about.

all good so far. finally it seems that there are products out there that seem to work consistently. was sick of cartos - too messy - lots of vapour but poor taste and crap to refill (haven't tried carto tanks).

have you tried to clean it yet? going to use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)? how many ml do you reckon you should clean it after - I've only got through a few ml so far with it.

only thing about this device - seems to go through juice pretty quickly - anyone else got an opinion on that? maybe I'm just vaping more tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

These look pretty good, I'd like to go something with tanks as long as there's no leaks.

One thing though is I like to change flavours often. Is it possible to have a few tanks on the go with these and swap them around, or do they start to leak if you are taking them off and putting them back on all the time?

Advertisement