Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

Results out for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Tippman24 wrote: »
    Is this the last of the current batch or last of the Panel?

What Panel you referring to if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

jamieon wrote: »
    Only an hour out of my interview for CO. They were very friendly, it wasnt difficult and they made it feel as though it wasnt a formal interview for a government position as you might expect they would. Feel free to message me for more info

Glad your interview went well. So was your interview for CO 2018 Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

What does batch 3 mean for Rosslare port CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

sharkman wrote: »
    Anyone know what batch number they are working on for Revenue in Dublin ?

I applied for Dublin. They have me in 6. What batch are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hydration wrote: »
    I applied for Dublin. They have me in 6. What batch are you?

Same here , Batch 6 .

sharkman wrote: »
    Same here , Batch 6 .

I am not sure how they are doing this. I contacted a few people I know who applied for Dublin or Rosslare. The only numbers I am hearing is batch 3 for Rosslare and batch 6 for Dublin. No other numbers mentioned so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

Glad your interview went well. So was your interview for CO 2018 Panel?

Thanks :) actually it's not something I remembered to ask and it wasnt specified. I'm guessing so tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Harchester

I am not sure how they are doing this. I contacted a few people I know who applied for Dublin or Rosslare. The only numbers I am hearing is batch 3 for Rosslare and batch 6 for Dublin. No other numbers mentioned so far.

I was batch 6 for Customs Officer for Dublin. Got interview results and then 15 mins later got job offer.

Harchester wrote: »
    I was batch 6 for Customs Officer for Dublin. Got interview results and then 15 mins later got job offer.

Congrats and well done, this is encouraging to hear. Did they even give you an order of merit when you got the interview results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Harchester

Congrats and well done, this is encouraging to hear. Did they even give you an order of merit when you got the interview results?

Yeah OOM was 1, still wasn't expecting an offer so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I got contacted for clearance today. I'm early Batch 20 in Dublin.

In regards to references, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. PAS ask for references from the last twelve months. I was unemployed for most of that until a few weeks ago when I started in a new job. I have no issue with PAS contacting my new job for a reference but I'm unsure who to list as a reference as things have been a bit all over the place.
    I'm WFH and haven't been set on a permanent team yet as we've been training. I won't have been placed on my permanent team until next week or the week after so I don't have a team leader to get a reference from. Can I list someone from HR for a reference for PAS?

This is my first public sector placement and I don't want to mess it up at this late stage.

Harchester wrote: »
    Yeah OOM was 1, still wasn't expecting an offer so soon

Very impressive, thank you for letting us know. I think we all have an idea now on how this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

I had my interview for Clerical Officer yesterday, does anyone have a rough idea of when I'll hear back? I forgot to ask them yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

imagusaran wrote: »
    I had my interview for Clerical Officer yesterday, does anyone have a rough idea of when I'll hear back? I forgot to ask them yesterday

Hope interview went well. Do you mind me asking what county you were interviewed for and what Panel? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

2016claire wrote: »
    Hope interview went well. Do you mind me asking what county you were interviewed for and what Panel? Thanks

Thanks, it was tough but I answered everything so fingers crossed. It was for Clerical Officer 2020 and Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

I got contacted for clearance today. I'm early Batch 20 in Dublin.

In regards to references, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. PAS ask for references from the last twelve months. I was unemployed for most of that until a few weeks ago when I started in a new job. I have no issue with PAS contacting my new job for a reference but I'm unsure who to list as a reference as things have been a bit all over the place.
    I'm WFH and haven't been set on a permanent team yet as we've been training. I won't have been placed on my permanent team until next week or the week after so I don't have a team leader to get a reference from. Can I list someone from HR for a reference for PAS?

This is my first public sector placement and I don't want to mess it up at this late stage.

You can use a character reference too. If you have done any voluntary work over the past few years you can use the supervisor of the team/ community group/ project you were involved with. Can also use a tutor/teacher or professor if you have done any courses over the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

Was told at the start of Jan I was being considered for a job with AGS, got my phone call today to assign me to my station I start march 22nd I am so so happy, its 1 year ago this month that I first applied for the CO competition and finally I've got a starting date! So delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    You can use a character reference too. If you have done any voluntary work over the past few years you can use the supervisor of the team/ community group/ project you were involved with. Can also use a tutor/teacher or professor if you have done any courses over the last while.

Thanks very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

Was told at the start of Jan I was being considered for a job with AGS, got my phone call today to assign me to my station I start march 22nd I am so so happy, its 1 year ago this month that I first applied for the CO competition and finally I've got a starting date! So delighted.

Been following this thread without an account for a long time and have seen your posts. Thrilled to hear it, the very best of luck in your new role :)
    In regards to references, I'm in a bit of a sticky situation..

PM'd you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Congrats xx you will love it there, What county are you in if you don't mind me asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

Always remember to check your junk mail lads, just found out my location too.

Absolutely delighted and sick with nerves now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Had my interview today. Camera wouldn't work so I had to use an old laptop. Connection wasnt the best, sound went a few times. Well experienced interview panel and very friendly and professional. Bit rushed but happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sineadglam

dragx wrote: »
    Always remember to check your junk mail lads, just found out my location too.

Absolutely delighted and sick with nerves now :pac:

Congratulations

I'll second that "check you junk/spam folder"!

I returned documents but they were over 25mb and the refusal to accept email went back to my spam. It was absolute luck that I was checking spam for something else and saw the email! I managed to submit documents 2nd time successfully but could have missed my position otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Well Done Everyone sent my documents back but never heard of a position does anyone know what departments are been offered in Dublin. Taking a big paycut for this so a bit nervous but looking forward to something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

What countries did everyone get positions in so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kitesurfguy

Hi there, does anybody know if you can ask PAS before they request any referee details from you where you would be placed, i.e. the location within the county you applied for and the section/dept. you would be placed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

dragx wrote: »
    Been following this thread without an account for a long time and have seen your posts. Thrilled to hear it, the very best of luck in your new role

That's so kind thank you so much!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

Hi guys, I would really appreciate it if any of you could advise me on what to do. I've got an offer and they are asking for 2 references. My last employment was a year ago and it was only for 3 months (it was just a 3-month contract). The place has no HR department and my manager (whom I was reporting to) changed jobs and don't work there anymore. I emailed them but I dont get any reply from them. They are a busy place and there is no one that would remember me in person. What should I do if I cant get a reference from them?
    Before that place Ive worked in a job for 6 years and I can get many references as I left on very good terms. Would PAS be happy with references from the 6 years employment rather than 3 months, even it was the last one?
    My other option would be a character reference. I was studying full-time for a year and I can ask my tutors for a reference as I was a good student and got good grades.
    Has anyone been in a similar situation?
    I just dont want to miss this opportunity because I can't get a reference from my last employer...
    Any advice would help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Hi guys, I would really appreciate it if any of you could advise me on what to do. I've got an offer and they are asking for 2 references. My last employment was a year ago and it was only for 3 months (it was just a 3-month contract). The place has no HR department and my manager (whom I was reporting to) changed jobs and don't work there anymore. I emailed them but I dont get any reply from them. They are a busy place and there is no one that would remember me in person. What should I do if I cant get a reference from them?
    Before that place Ive worked in a job for 6 years and I can get many references as I left on very good terms. Would PAS be happy with references from the 6 years employment rather than 3 months, even it was the last one?
    My other option would be a character reference. I was studying full-time for a year and I can ask my tutors for a reference as I was a good student and got good grades.
    Has anyone been in a similar situation?
    I just dont want to miss this opportunity because I can't get a reference from my last employer...
    Any advice would help...

Hi, My friend is in a similar position and was advised that a character reference from an institution e.g Voluntary, Education etc is perfectly acceptable. Make sure it's within last 12 months.Good LuckðŸ‘

Advertisement