Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi are references written or just phone call?
    My company dont give written references

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

G2234567 wrote: »

They will accept an email and contact number. I think they send out a form that the referee needs to fill in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

G2234567 wrote: »

Yep as abbeybella said, they just send them a form to be filled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

abbeybella wrote: »
    Hi, My friend is in a similar position and was advised that a character reference from an institution e.g Voluntary, Education etc is perfectly acceptable. Make sure it's within last 12 months.Good LuckðŸ‘

Abbeybella, Thank you so much! :) I'll contact my college tutor for a reference, it would be the most recent reference. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

I got an email response that said I placed 14 on the panel for batch 4 in limerick, is 14 a decent placing? And they said I will be considered for any position up to the next 12 months. Dont particularly fancy waiting 6 months for a job offer :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

jamieon wrote: »
    I got an email response that said I placed 14 on the panel for batch 4 in limerick, is 14 a decent placing? And they said I will be considered for any position up to the next 12 months. Dont particularly fancy waiting 6 months for a job offer :/

Depends totally on where Limerick is on the panel. You can email PAS and ask them how many are in front of you, then it depends on how fast they move.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

dragx wrote: »
    Depends totally on where Limerick is on the panel. You can email PAS and ask them how many are in front of you, then it depends on how fast they move.

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

I had an interview on Wednesday for Clerical Officer for Dublin, does anyone have a rough idea of when I'll hear back? I forgot to ask in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

jamieon wrote: »
    Hi - was this for the EOI for the HSE positions ?
    Do you mind me asking you what your oom was before the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Abbeybella, Thank you so much! :) I'll contact my college tutor for a reference, it would be the most recent reference. Thanks!

You're welcome 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Applied for a job with the HSE's Health Business Service unit.

I have an interview in two weeks time.

The job title isn't Clerical Officer, but the pay scale is that of a CO. The Grade is VI.

Will the interview/selection process be the same as other clerical officer roles or will it differ?

First time applying for a public job so unsure as to how it all works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Garzard

Haven't gone through the thread, but could there be another recruitment drive this year for Customs Officers? Asking for someone I know who only caught wind of last year's one long after the deadline for application had expired.

*Repost - accidentally wrote it in the EO thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

MaccaTacca wrote: »

The job title isn't Clerical Officer, but the pay scale is that of a CO. The Grade is VI.

Will the interview/selection process be the same as other clerical officer roles or will it differ?

Do you mean grade IV (grade 4)?

The interview and selection should be similar although I think the HSE use a slightly different competency framework to the civil service/PAS. You'd have to check the information booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

MaccaTacca wrote: »

Hi , I did Grade 4 interview before Christmas through work . Know about Slaintecare- that came up .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Anyone know what numbers they're at for Limerick/Tipp interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi all,

Anyone called recently for interview for Kerry? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

imagusaran wrote: »
    I had my interview for Clerical Officer yesterday, does anyone have a rough idea of when I'll hear back? I forgot to ask them yesterday

Hi congrats on been called for your interview. Could I ask what you oom was please

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Was told two weeks for interview results. Got them in two days

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

imagusaran wrote: »
    I had an interview on Wednesday for Clerical Officer for Dublin, does anyone have a rough idea of when I'll hear back? I forgot to ask in the interview.

I had my interview last Monday and heard back on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Hi congrats on been called for your interview. Could I ask what you oom was please
    Thank you! My oom was 1636

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

I did interview last Monday for Dublin. Haven't heard back yet. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Hi Folks, anybody have any updates on the Westmeath panel? Heard last week no. 85 had been called for interview, does anybody know how many they are interviewing at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mull91 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, anybody have any updates on the Westmeath panel? Heard last week no. 85 had been called for interview, does anybody know how many they are interviewing at a time?

The first 5 batches were around 10 at a time. They might have picked up the pace since. Plenty of new COs have started in education in recent months. I heard the recent round of interviews were batch 7 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Anyone know what numbers they're at for Limerick/Tipp interviews?

As of last week 25 called to date for interview for limerick & 64 for limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Anyone know what the status "Download expired " on their Garda Vetting application online might mean?

Just not sure if this is something i need to highlight to PAS or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Garda vetting is coming up as completed for me since yesterday. How long have people waited to hear from HR at this point? I'm so curious where I've been placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

When will they be taking more people on for Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Actually have PAS confirmed that this is a 1 year panel or will they be extending???

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Arsenal1886

Garda vetting is coming up as completed for me since yesterday. How long have people waited to hear from HR at this point? I'm so curious where I've been placed.
    My Vetting was completed on the 26th of February, I then got a call from HR on the 4th of March.

They're looking to place me in AGS HQ so that requires further vetting of family etc.. she told me the process for that should only take a couple of days.

The next call will be about a start date. I'm still waiting patiently for that call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

What’s AGS ?

Advertisement