Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

Hi do you mind me asking what number you are on the panel? Thanks

I have no idea, it's not in any of the emails I received. It's strange though because I did the physcometric exam over 2 years ago and did poorly, yet 2 years later they came back wanting me to fill an application form out as I was going to the interview stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

jamieon wrote: »
    I have no idea, it's not in any of the emails I received. It's strange though because I did the physcometric exam over 2 years ago and did poorly, yet 2 years later they came back wanting me to fill an application form out as I was going to the interview stage..

So this is from an old Panel you are being called for? Does it not say on your notification from PAS what it is for i.e. CO 2018 Panel or TCO 2020 Panel you know the usual. Well whatever it is, I wish you good luck in your interview.

So this is from an old Panel you are being called for? Does it not say on your notification from PAS what it is for i.e. CO 2018 Panel or TCO 2020 Panel you know the usual. Well whatever it is, I wish you good luck in your interview.

Ah going through old emails I found it, my ocp was 180 iv no idea if that's poor or decent, it was on the 1st of December 2018 so I'm not sure if that was for a 2019 or 2020 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Ah going through old emails I found it, my ocp was 180 iv no idea if that's poor or decent, it was on the 1st of December 2018 so I'm not sure if that was for a 2019 or 2020 panel.

This could of been the CO Panel 2018, what you reckon? I thought they had closed this panel a while back but it looks like they are still calling from this so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Its in AGS. I'd say that will all be office based.... hopefully

In my current dept in AGS i work from home 2-3 days a week. Previous one, i was in station 5 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

@jamieon See post #2716 on previous page.

For anyone with queries re roles, hours, pay, interviews etc etc it would be worth spending an hour reading/trawling this thread.

A lot of very knowledgeable people have posted very useful information - you just need to go and find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Guffy wrote: »
    In my current dept in AGS i work from home 2-3 days a week. Previous one, i was in station 5 days

What are thr hours like...?? Is there flexi flexibility time or 9am - 5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

@Dublinfan2020 someone posted the answer to this a couple of pages back

oriain17 wrote: »
    I was also told I was under consideration for AGS, back in early January. PAS e-mailed me asking for scanned documents, reference, etc. Because I'm in a Public Service job, I asked if it would be okay to give my Line Manager's details for the reference (in case e.g. it needed to go to HR). I was told this was fine, and was also advised that I'd be asked for approval prior to contact being made with my Line Manager. So no worries for you, I'd say - you'll be notified whenever they're ready to get in touch with your referee. :)

Just on this, for anyone else who's got a position in AGS. I understand security clearance can take a long time (up to three months). Indeed, when I asked PAS about my choice of referee, I was told they wouldn't need to make contact with them until after security clearance was completed - that it would be the "last step". However, I was asked last week for permission to make contact, even though it's only been a month since the process started! I understand my reference is now in, and I received an "assignment notice" message on Public Jobs. Unfortunately (?), it was just a message telling me that AGS HR would be in touch with me shortly.

Long story, but for anyone who's been through it... do you think it's at all possible that my security clearance was completed already, and that I will actually be assigned soon? I thought it genuinely does take 3 months (I've been lurking here, and haven't heard otherwise re. AGS). I've had no contact from AGS HR, so I'm starting to fear that the pleasant surprise of being asked for permission to contact my referee so soon (after being told it would be the "last step") was just false hope, and that it will indeed take another two months at least.

Apologies for the long post, just absolutely cannot wait (a) to get out of where I am and (b) to start something that sounds far more interesting to me!

Just wondering how long you were waiting from when you submitted your security clearance to getting a start date..??

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Jamp 123 wrote: »
    Wondering the same myself. Anyone know if the interviews are over for Dublin & Wexford ports or continuing into this week and when the results will be out, thanks.

Results likely in next 2 weeks. Waiting is painful though for a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Interviewing Thursday for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Atchoo22

Hydration wrote: »
    Just sent you a private message with email address and also another one. It is the address PAS are using for the Revenue Customs Officer competition. Best to contact them quickly.

I got this reply:
    Thank you for your email. If a candidate has been scheduled and has been interview for Revenue (Customs Officer) they will only be considered for that post and are no longer on the general Clerical Officer panel.

If a candidate is unsuccessful for Revenue, they will not be considered for assignment or returned to the general clerical officer panel.

Does anyone know how long security clearance takes for AGS... whats the avaerage time for someone who has lived in the same address all their life and everything else is fine would it still take up to 3months?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Does anyone know how long security clearance takes for AGS... whats the avaerage time for someone who has lived in the same address all their life and everything else is fine would it still take up to 3months?

It massively depends who's desk it lands on. It will most likely take weeks but it could easily be 3 months I'm afraid.

It massively depends who's desk it lands on. It will most likely take weeks but it could easily be 3 months I'm afraid.

Thank you. I thought if your security clearance was pretty straight forward it might be a bit quicker...Do you get offered a place straight away or does that take another few weeks.. sorry for all the questions just trying to get an idea of how long I could be waiting.
    Thanks again

Thank you. I thought if your security clearance was pretty straight forward it might be a bit quicker...Do you get offered a place straight away or does that take another few weeks.. sorry for all the questions just trying to get an idea of how long I could be waiting.
    Thanks again

Also just wondering about holidays can you take time off at Christmas in AGS...?? Sorry for all the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

acawarrior wrote: »
    Results likely in next 2 weeks. Waiting is painful though for a result.

Hi ACAWARRIOR, Were you told the results would be in 2 weeks?

Hydration wrote: »
    Hi ACAWARRIOR, Were you told the results would be in 2 weeks?

Someone who did it previously said it takes 2 to 4 weeks but I'm hoping 2 weeks

Thanks again
    Also just wondering about holidays can you take time off at Christmas in AGS...?? Sorry for all the questions

Ask away - Happy to help.

Once clearance is done, which can be a bit quicker in straight forward cases, but it would still be weeks, you will get a call, but again it just depends how keen the HEO/AP/Super etc. is to get people in the door. It might be a week or two before they get in touch. After a week or so I'd be back on to PAS.

Christmas can be a bit contentious as the office usually needs to be staffed for most of it (Xmas day and Stephens Days usually aren't staffed). There will may be a local arrangement though where most staff are WFH for most of it and only one or two come in each day to do what needs to be done in the office.

Ask away - Happy to help.

Once clearance is done, which can be a bit quicker in straight forward cases, but it would still be weeks, you will get a call, but again it just depends how keen the HEO/AP/Super etc. is to get people in the door. It might be a week or two before they get in touch. After a week or so I'd be back on to PAS.

Christmas can be a bit contentious as the office usually needs to be staffed for most of it (Xmas day and Stephens Days usually aren't staffed). There will may be a local arrangement though where most staff are WFH for most of it and only one or two come in each day to do what needs to be done in the office.

Thanks so much its a great help. If you had holidays to take at Christmas would you be allowed to take them then. Do you think once your trained you would have the option to work from home or would AGS expect you in the office everyday.

I'm dying to find out more and the wait is killing me haha

• Advertisement

Thanks so much its a great help. If you had holidays to take at Christmas would you be allowed to take them then. Do you think once your trained you would have the option to work from home or would AGS expect you in the office everyday.

I'm dying to find out more and the wait is killing me haha

Once your trained, which takes a while as its 'on the job' you'll be allowed to WFH in most offices at least some of the time. There are certain hoops that have to be jumped through, especially if you need a laptop.

You might be able to take holiday, you might not. It will all depend who got there first and you'll be starting later in the leave year so I wouldn't bank on it in the first year. That said maybe you'll have some people happy to work Xmas and others take holiday. I'm afraid the answer like so many is it depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 akirby.96

Does anyone know what batch and number they are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

I am batch 19 top 20 oom got placed couple of weeks ago. Waiting on clearance (Dublin)

Once your trained, which takes a while as its 'on the job' you'll be allowed to WFH in most offices at least some of the time. There are certain hoops that have to be jumped through, especially if you need a laptop.

You might be able to take holiday, you might not. It will all depend who got there first and you'll be starting later in the leave year so I wouldn't bank on it in the first year. That said maybe you'll have some people happy to work Xmas and others take holiday. I'm afraid the answer like so many is it depends.

Thanks so much for all your help

Only an hour out of my interview for CO. They were very friendly, it wasnt difficult and they made it feel as though it wasnt a formal interview for a government position as you might expect they would. Feel free to message me for more info

Only an hour out of my interview for CO. They were very friendly, it wasnt difficult and they made it feel as though it wasnt a formal interview for a government position as you might expect they would. Feel free to message me for more info

Did they say when results will be?

acawarrior wrote: »
    Did they say when results will be?

Today was last of the interviews for limerick so feedback will be sent to hr 2mrro hopefully they said and it could be 2 weeks or so from there

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Tippman24

Today was last of the interviews for limerick so feedback will be sent to hr 2mrro hopefully they said and it could be 2 weeks or so from there
    Is this the last of the current batch or last of the Panel?

Tippman24 wrote: »
    Is this the last of the current batch or last of the Panel?

Oh I'm not so sure that's one thing he didnt specify, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Anyone know what batch number they are working on for Revenue in Dublin ?

Advertisement