Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

bangors85 wrote: »
    What’s AGS ?

An Garda Síochána

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Best of luck , May I ask what county is that for ??

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Mull91 wrote: »
    Actually have PAS confirmed that this is a 1 year panel or will they be extending???

I emailed them about 3 weeks ago after a poster here said that this panel is going to be extended for a year. They said that this panel is due to expire in May 2021, and they will review it at the time. I also asked about a new CO competition for this year, they responded that they have no plans at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi

How long did your vetting take to this point for AGS?
    Feb 22nd I got 2 emails saying vetting complete.
    I just wondering how long for all the further AGS checks to be completed?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Souptar

Hi all,

Had my interview last Friday and a few hours later got my result: #2 on order of merit for batch 11 in Cork. Any ideas on what happens next? Have been unemployed for more than a year so what references do they ask for and when do you think I'll hear back? Any ideas on what departments are hiring in Cork atm?

Congrats to all those who've gotten offers already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

For anybody in Galway .

Just received email from PAS giving details of permanent part-time (18hrs) positions within HSE in Co Galway . It says if I express an interest in these positions I’ll be removed from the CO panel.

I won’t be expressing an interest - part-time hours would barely keep me in diesel and parking money if I had to go in and out of The city . Just posting to let people know.

My OOM is 148 in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

My Vetting was completed on the 26th of February, I then got a call from HR on the 4th of March.

They're looking to place me in AGS HQ so that requires further vetting of family etc.. she told me the process for that should only take a couple of days.

The next call will be about a start date. I'm still waiting patiently for that call.

That would be great - other posters here have waited 8 - 12 weeks. Might be worth going back a few pages to see....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Badam147

When completing E vetting, do you have to print out the forms and fill them in or can I do it on my laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Badam147 wrote: »
    When completing E vetting, do you have to print out the forms and fill them in or can I do it on my laptop?

You do it on the laptop it's an online form to be filled in. I done mine on my phone with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mameeh

Hi all, does anyone know what OOM they are at for the Customs CO in Dublin. I've OOM mid 60's. Just wondering how it's moving 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Badam147

You do it on the laptop it's an online form to be filled in. I done mine on my phone with no issues.

Did you have trouble uploading the scanned documents, such as a passport, bank correspondence etc, as a pdf, to the PAS link they send in an email for you to upload to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Did you have trouble uploading the scanned documents, such as a passport, bank correspondence etc, as a pdf, to the PAS link they send in an email for you to upload to?

Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were working on the e vetting link from the guards.
    1. Completed Candidate Self – Declaration (attached).

2. Proof of Eligibility under the grounds of Citizenship as per page 2 of attached candidate self – declaration.

3. Completed Garda E – Vetting form (attached).

4. Scanned Documents Declaration (attached).

All these forms I printed and filled out then I scanned them with my phone downloaded a scanning app from play store
    I then attached them to an email and sent then back to my contact in PAS all in pdf format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

You can also just take a picture with your phone and attach the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

tiny14 wrote: »
    As of last week 25 called to date for interview for limerick & 64 for limerick

Hi is that 64 for Limerick or Tipp ? As I emailed this morning and they said only 25 called for Limerick and 11 for Clare for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Had my interview last week for Dublin and got the results today. I'm in Batch 21 and my new oom is 28 but my scores in each competency were decent enough and it said I had reached the qualifying standard. Is it just the top 20 in each batch that are actually considered for jobs or does anyone know if it goes beyond that?

Anyone who reaches the qualifying score is successful so your good pending availability of positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elliebeee

Hey, just wondering, i had my interview last week, knew it didn't go well as didn't prepare enough, but got results today and i "have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 81 on the order of merit for Co. Dublin" 81 seems pretty bad, I'm wondering does anyone know if this number is ever offered a position? Thanks

You qualified and you will be offered a position if there are 81 jobs available and yes it has happened in all of the batches before you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Any info on when the 2021 permanent campaign will start?

I am me123 wrote: »
    Any info on when the 2021 permanent campaign will start?

Sept 2021 got email this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Was that a job alert email from publicjobs.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dudelove

Souptar wrote: »
    Hi all,

Had my interview last Friday and a few hours later got my result: #2 on order of merit for batch 11 in Cork. Any ideas on what happens next? Have been unemployed for more than a year so what references do they ask for and when do you think I'll hear back? Any ideas on what departments are hiring in Cork atm?

Congrats to all those who've gotten offers already
    Hi what OOM were you if you don't mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elliebeee

They are looking for clerical officers in Galway - closing date 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Didn’t you also write previously that you’d received an email to say that the2020 panel had been extended for another year until 2022?

However, another user was informed by PAS that the 2020 panel will run until May 2021 with no plans no extend it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Who did you get an email from regarding a new campaign?

Who did you get an email from regarding a new campaign?

Yesterday morning off lady called Michelle contrary to what has been said previously

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

mameeh wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know what OOM they are at for the Customs CO in Dublin. I've OOM mid 60's. Just wondering how it's moving ��

I'm in the same boat as you , Batch 6 OOM 41 Clerical Officer 2020 - Customs Officer . Had the message back from them on Public Jobs . Just a matter of waiting to hear from Revenue I suppose .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

I believe you need to fill that with a pen (it was stated on the form). Ive filled with a pen and just took the pictures with my phone and send it by mail and by post. There's no issue if you'll take a photo, as long its a good quality photo I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Yesterday morning off lady called Michelle contrary to what has been said previously

What email address did you contact to get this information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Beeabell

Seems conflicting information been giving. Email from pas to say panel will be extended yet new campaign starting in September.

Advertisement