Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

They did have the grinder in the pre-sequel but I can see why they wouldn't want that back without some changes to it.

Never used it but looking at the inter webs it looks like the Destiny infuse system would be a better solution.

Never used it but looking at the inter webs it looks like the Destiny infuse system would be a better solution.

Might be a use for the 20k in eridium I have

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone come across the roller coaster. Pretty cool and only came across it by chance. Got a legendary from it also.

I quickly reached level 53 last night but came across a really difficult enemy. He was fat like a goliath but wasn't one. And my level 50 legendary were having trouble with him. I would get him down to really low health and would reload my gun and he ate something and was back at full health. I was getting frustratwed with him every time I would go to fight for my life with being frustrated I would press x to reload which would end fight for your life. I will admit it happened a few times and eventually I killed him. That was Mayhem 3 also.

Hmmm can't place that one. Where was he?

Hmmm can't place that one. Where was he?

Beside the girl who bakes the dynamite cake. If you have your back to her place and look across slightly to the right in that area. I never came across one of them either he had a name but can't remember it. He was difficult to beat at Mayhem 3. I don't know if they created him for the new level system as he was over level 50 anyway.

That whole area I forgot about when playing the side missions for some reason I skipped over it and went back to clean up different missions the roller coaster was in another part of this area also. And the phoenix who dies three times for sir Hammerlocks big game hunt.

• Advertisement

Ah thats Road Dog he's a rare spawn or used to be. I think they always spawn now. Their locations are fixed. Another is Borman Nates in Meridian Outskirts. Worth farming him for a Cutsman.

Ah thats Road Dog he's a rare spawn or used to be. I think they always spawn now. Their locations are fixed. Another is Borman Nates in Meridian Outskirts. Worth farming him for a Cutsman.

Yea that was him. He was probably just harder since the update as I was level 52 and he was 53 or 54 and the only legendary guns I had were level 50 so weren't as effective as when the highest level you would normally meet was 51.

Anybody any hints on how to find out which weapon manufacturer I have left to get a loyalty package from. I am at 88% so one left and I have no idea who it is.

Also @Enfilade if you are still interested that Road Dog guy can transform also if you shoot him in the head to a larger guy with a new name but once transformed he doesn't eat to regenerate health. Because I had a bit of trouble with him I went back there afew times in Mayhem 4 and he is not so bad. I don't know why I had so much trouble with him the first time I met him.

I also respeced my character and made a mistake so had to pay to respec all over again.

I have a few proving grounds left to do to get the last few achievements. The one above is the most difficult one imo.

You can go into the challenges from the fast travel menu if I recall to so see which manufacturers you need press right and X to filter it I think. It's 100 kills with a weapon to get one. I'd wager it's Atlas or COV if I was a betting man given how I played.

I'm running slaughter star this week to try and get a new Lucian's/Rowan's call if you need to get that done or you need help with the proving grounds.

I'd wager it's Atlas or COV

It was COV after all so I got the 1000 GS points for this game now. I also purchased the Moxxi DLC so will start that up maybe later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

C3C3B-BB9SS-FTKHK-ZTWTB-99CRX

That's for 10 Golden Keys.

Ever since I discovered Legendary guns the golden keys aren't so valuable. Unless they sometimes give out legendary but I never received any from the chest.

Ever since I discovered Legendary guns the golden keys aren't so valuable. Unless they sometimes give out legendary but I never received any from the chest.

I opened 3 chests so far in B3. I got one legendary from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Aye keys are useless end-game but quite useful on a new character if you have a gear/level-gap along the way.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Aye keys are useless end-game but quite useful on a new character if you have a gear/level-gap along the way.

Personally I’d say the opposite. I always kick myself when I get a good legendary at a lower than max lvl. Feels like a waste.

Edit... I used the golden keys above and got 2 legendary shields. 10 ****in keys and 2 ****ty shields. **** me. What a waste of my time. You spend more time flogging the ****e than is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

They help accelerate progress though. E.g. I have a Lvl 12 Lyuda (and a few 50s) and once I can equip it I'm golden until about lvl 20 or so, nothing will be too challenging while I'm using it. I have a few others along the route to 50 for the same reason.

Is it just me or is the matchmaking in this game absolutely shocking?

I tried to get a game in proving grounds and nothing. After about an hour of arsing about doing side missions I forgot I was still matchmaking and it put me in at the end of a game. Ffs.

I miss the days of Destiny, launch a strike and you’re up there in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah the matchmaking is very hit and miss. used to be very noticeable when you were trying to solo the takedown

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah the matchmaking is very hit and miss. used to be very noticeable when you were trying to solo the takedown

Absolutely crazy really considering the type of game it is.

It’s ok on your own but end game is all about playing with other people getting loot etc.

Might have to buy monster hunter again or even give Destiny 2 a go again. I haven’t played the last few dlcs

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Absolutely crazy really considering the type of game it is.

It’s ok on your own but end game is all about playing with other people getting loot etc.

Might have to buy monster hunter again or even give Destiny 2 a go again. I haven’t played the last few dlcs

Back on this at the moment - so hit me up via a party invite when you see me on - happy to co-op some of the end-game stuff....

• Advertisement

nocal wrote: »
    Back on this at the moment - so hit me up via a party invite when you see me on - happy to co-op some of the end-game stuff....

WI’ll do the next time. Was only on briefly earlier.

If you are on Xbox yee can add me, I'm still after a 53 lucians call.

Ps4 sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Nearing the end of my play through on TVHM. It's great craic destroying bosses that gave me trouble first time around, like Killavolt and Troy. Just wondering should I open the floating cube now or wait until more levels are added? I'm maxed out at 53 at the moment.

Did you get one yet? I have two level 53's after getting a second one this evening in the Moxxi DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Shift Code for 5 GOLD KEYS
    C3KJB-3H9HZ-63KZW-9BKJB-WZRCR

Did you get one yet? I have two level 53's after getting a second one this evening in the Moxxi DLC.

I did actually, random world drop so didn't have to run Slaughter Star 3000 in the end.

Actually re-speced away from the bloodletter and expermenting with Maliwan guns and the Green Monster on Moze. Wish the game had load outs you could could swap builds even limit it being only able to change them on Sanctuary and use the Target Dummy.

Currently playing through Moxie DLC. It's a pretty decent DLC. I have clocked over 123 hours into this game so far. I play on Mayhem 3. Could probably play M4 but just don't bother.

• Advertisement

Finished the Moxxi DLC a while ago. Very good DLC and cannot wait for the next one. There is suppose to be one of those invincible enemies in next DLC that were in previous games. I personally think that's a bad thing as I have all the achievements and it is guaranteed one of the achievements in the next DLC will be beating that guy. Them guys do be very tough.

Advertisement