Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Submitted claim with 2 days left of the 60 day window there last week and it was validated 2 days later.

On a side (slightly) off topic note, just got a refund on my USC from the Revenue. Even better cash back.
    Recommend that everyone submit the Med 1 form for any medical expenses too if you can, more cash back.
    It's our money and they tell everyone to apply every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I only submitted my claim in early Jan. havent heard back.

Worse still, i never took down my claim number and there seems to be no way to retrieve it or see how my claim is going.

Glad to see SkyGo working, thanks Aquos.

phone them .. they are very good on the phone, mine has been in a few weeks , I tired to view it online with the claim number and the status was blank so I called them and they validated it, I got an email within a few hours saying to expect the money within 30 days (or something), but they where very helpful

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Just rang them there, they sent me an email which must have been stuck in a junk folder looking for a bit of info. They were able to sort it out over the phone and validate the claim. Money on the way in the next 7-10 days and memory card in the next 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

what was the memory card deal ..I missed that .is it with the 10" aswell"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

My claim was validated on the 10th of Jan. Havnt heard anything back from them yet. Also when do we get the 8gb card ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

pissed wrote: »
    My claim was validated on the 10th of Jan. Havnt heard anything back from them yet. Also when do we get the 8gb card ?

I got my card on the 7th January

Be careful when calling that number to Samsung 081 8903124 as it's a premium rate number

Check various costs here http://www.saynoto1890.com/call-costs/

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    what was the memory card deal ..I missed that .is it with the 10" aswell"?

Its an 8GB card, but only with the 7" sammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Got the cards. Anyone get the €30 yet?

I received an e-mail on 6th January as follows -

"Claim Reference: XXXXXX
    Just to keep you informed that your Samsung Back To College payment is about to be processed. You will receive an email shortly confirming when your payment has been processed.
    In the meantime you do not need to do anything we will be in touch shortly.
    If you have any questions please check our Terms and Conditions or email help at samsungbacktocollege.com
    Kind regards
    Samsung Back To College Promotional Support"

I've never received an e-mail from them and have been e-mailing them at the e-mail address they gave me above - NO response

Went to their website today https://samsungbacktocollege.com/claims/tablets/track and put in my claim number and it says the following -

"Welcome to the Samsung Back to College Claim Checker.

Claim Status: Processed
    Congratulations your claim has been processed. We have either transferred your cash back directly to your bank account or sent you a cheque via the post. If you have not yet received this it will be with you in the next few days."

No dates as to when this might have happened.

Very inefficient Samsung - get the finger out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

vicwatson wrote: »
    I received an e-mail on 6th January as follows -

"Claim Reference: XXXXXX
    Just to keep you informed that your Samsung Back To College payment is about to be processed. You will receive an email shortly confirming when your payment has been processed.
    In the meantime you do not need to do anything we will be in touch shortly.
    If you have any questions please check our Terms and Conditions or email help at samsungbacktocollege.com
    Kind regards
    Samsung Back To College Promotional Support"

I've never received an e-mail from them and have been e-mailing them at the e-mail address they gave me above - NO response

Went to their website today https://samsungbacktocollege.com/claims/tablets/track and put in my claim number and it says the following -

"Welcome to the Samsung Back to College Claim Checker.

Claim Status: Processed
    Congratulations your claim has been processed. We have either transferred your cash back directly to your bank account or sent you a cheque via the post. If you have not yet received this it will be with you in the next few days."

No dates as to when this might have happened.

Very inefficient Samsung - get the finger out

I actually got the very same email on the 7th Jan, a day after yours, this is what I get when i go to their tracking page

samsung.jpg

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I actually got the very same email on the 7th Jan, a day after yours, this is what I get when i go to their tracking page

samsung.jpg

:confused: It's weird init? Mine says processed the money is on the way, yours says validated and it's awaiting payment in the next 30 days.

You'd imagine Samsung would have processed these payments a lot more efficiently.

Having a premium rate telephone number doesn't help with people's concerns.

I ask again, has anyone actually received a payment back yet from Samsung?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Err lads, it hasn't even been 30 days. Cool your jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Email received 4th Jan
    "Just to keep you informed that your Samsung Back To College claim is about to be validated. You will receive an email shortly confirming validation or any queries relating to your claim."

No payment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i am waiting on cashback for 2 claims

one validated on the 12th of november

the other one from the 11th of january

i would have expected to see the first one by now at least

Syferus wrote: »
    Err lads, it hasn't even been 30 days. Cool your jets.

:confused:

What do you mean it hasn't been 30 days, I applied for this on 2nd December 2012, it's 57 days in total

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

I applied for my cashback online on the 4th Dec. Received email to say status was "claim processing" and the following info:
    The checking and validation process may take up to 14 days after claim submission so please expect to hear from us within this time frame regarding your claim.

Successful claims will be settled electronically using the bank details provided during your application. Please allow a maximum of 45 days from validation for settlement.

I phoned the line on the 19th Dec as the 14 days had passed. Got it validated on the phone and confirmation email folllowed:
    Your Samsung Back To College claim has now been validated. You will receive your cashback within 30 days of receipt of this email. Please allow up to an extra 5 working days for bank transfer delays.

I phoned the line again yesterday as this time period of 35 days had now passed. Lady on phone said payment was made yesterday (28th Jan). No sign of it in the back account yet but will report back once its there.

All in all if I have the money by 4th Feb that will mean a 60 day turnaround in total which isn't bad for a cashback offer IMO

donnacha wrote: »
    I applied for my cashback online on the 4th Dec. Received email to say status was "claim processing" and the following info:
    The checking and validation process may take up to 14 days after claim submission so please expect to hear from us within this time frame regarding your claim.

Successful claims will be settled electronically using the bank details provided during your application. Please allow a maximum of 45 days from validation for settlement.

I phoned the line on the 19th Dec as the 14 days had passed. Got it validated on the phone and confirmation email folllowed:
    Your Samsung Back To College claim has now been validated. You will receive your cashback within 30 days of receipt of this email. Please allow up to an extra 5 working days for bank transfer delays.

I phoned the line again yesterday as this time period of 35 days had now passed. Lady on phone said payment was made yesterday (28th Jan). No sign of it in the back account yet but will report back once its there.

All in all if I have the money by 4th Feb that will mean a 60 day turnaround in total which isn't bad for a cashback offer IMO

Just to update my €30 cashback hit my account today :)

And I received an e-mail (finally) from them to say that it had been processed and should be in my account (it's not) with a senders name of Opia Western Union.

And I received an e-mail (finally) from them to say that it had been processed and should be in my account (it's not) with a senders name of Opia Western Union.

The account reference on my online banking is "SAMS0015 PR GP"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭d1980

donnacha wrote: »

The account reference on my online banking is "SAMS0015 PR GP"
    got mine today also,1 more to go!

Arrived in this afternoon. Thank You Samsung.

Obviously all processed as a batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Got the money in the bank today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

can anyone recommend a cheap source of screen protector ?

also nice cover Samsung Book Cover for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 inch Tablet - Grey £21.46

Money finally arrived in. Nearly 3 months since i ordered it off Amazon! Ah well, better late than never.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Same here. Arrived Friday. Have Tablet since end of November. They make ya work/wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Got the memory card this week - no sign of cash back though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Grawns wrote: »
    Got the memory card this week - no sign of cash back though

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Got the money yesterday but no memory card yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Have lost my charger cable for this - anyone know where I can buy another one cheaply? Frustrating that they don't take a standard mini USB.

Advertisement