Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Options
  • 12-11-2012 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

It's now available from Amazon for £149. On the mobile so will add link later.

Comments

tab.jpg

Buy It @ Amazon

* Samsung's first Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - powered tablet offers a variety of new and improved Android OS features, including an updated Android Market
    * The new Galaxy Tab 2 offers users easy multimedia access, playback and sharing experiences with Samsung Hub services
    * Connecting socially has never been easier with a suite of powerful built-in communication capabilities.

The Galaxy Tab 2 offers users easy multimedia access, playback and sharing experiences with Samsung Hub services. Samsung's Music Hub provides a full music store solution with access to over 17 million tracks. Additionally, the Readers Hub provides the user with access to over 2.3 million e-books, 3500 magazines and over 2000 newspapers in 51 languages, while the Game Hub instantly connects users to the latest game titles. Samsung is also introducing the Video Hub, which offers over 1000 film titles for purchase or rent, and provides reviews, trailers and recommendations for easier content selection. Complementing the Galaxy Tab 2's multimedia offering is an upgraded Touchwiz user interface that features Hub widgets for one-step access to users' content in Hubs; the device also presents S Suggest, a new service offering recommendations of apps suited to users' tastes directly on a home screen. The Galaxy Tab 2's superb multimedia experience is further boosted by Samsung's AllShare Play, a new content-sharing service available for the first time on any Samsung mobile device. AllShare Play allows users to play or live-stream their multimedia content from PC's, other Samsung smart devices as well as third-party web storage. Users can also easily transfer content to other devices or directly to web services.

Connecting socially has never been easier with the Galaxy Tab 2's built-in powerful communication capabilities. With the voice call capability, the Galaxy Tab 2 can be used just as easily as a phone, affording users the handy convenience of a second device. It also allows users to spontaneously arrange multi-party video calls via Google+ hangouts, as well as engage in group chats or micro-communities to collectively chat or share content. In addition, ChatON, Samsung's cross-platform communication service, connects all phone users of any platform into a single community. ChatON uses phone numbers instead of ID and passwords, and provides easy instant messaging and group chatting in various formats (images, video, voice, contacts) to make messaging simple and intuitive.

Think this is the cheapest quality tablet yet. Only 8GB out the box but supports micro SD so cheap to make 40GB storage. Also has rear facing camera. Available in silver and white at this price. Powerful dual core means it will do most things and Jelly Bean is supposedly imminent.

Cashback is direct from Samsung here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any thoughts on this ? Looks a great deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Merged two together since VanZan's contains info about cashback..

.. ta lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Bit scabby giving £ 30 or € 30 and not upping the euro rebate even a little bit! Am I right in saying even with Parcel Motel you'd still need a UK credit card to get the higher value refund? Or would simply paying in sterling be enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Can you get the €30 rebate from Samsung if you buy from Amazon ?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Can you get the €30 rebate from Samsung if you buy from Amazon ?

Of course!
    g0g wrote: »
    Bit scabby giving or € 30 and not upping the euro rebate even a little bit! Am I right in saying even with Parcel Motel you'd still need a UK credit card to get the higher value refund? Or would simply paying in sterling be enough?

I bought a Chronos in September and Samsung did the same then (£100STG or €100). I never thought of trying to cheat though. On the online application form for the cashback they do ask the country you purchased the item in. I just can't remember if they took my address but I did need my IBAN though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

samsung cashback is expired!
    it says "click here if you have bought before 24/10/2012"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

cashback has not expired.

Qualifying Tablet purchases must be made from 00.01 on the 24th October 2012 to 23.59 on the 31st of December 2012 (inclusive). The claim window will close at 23.59 on the 28th of February 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

donegal. wrote: »
    cashback has not expired.

Qualifying Tablet purchases must be made from 00.01 on the 24th October 2012 to 23.59 on the 31st of December 2012 (inclusive). The claim window will close at 23.59 on the 28th of February 2013.

sorry, i should have read the full option 2
    it asks to select country of purchase so if i buy thru parcel motel, country of purchase will be UK so will i need UK credit card to qualify? Or better off buying on ROI address with £7 amazon P&P?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

So what's the final price delivered then? (excluding parcel motel delivery saving).

Is it £149+£7 = €195 approx. And then €30 cash back afterwards? So total cost is €165, is that right?

Correct! But you don't need to use Parcel Motel....you can get Free Super Saver Delivery straight to your door!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There is free ROI delivery on this item, it is not Stg 7.00 delivery charge.

The total checkout price is Stg 152.73 (to allow for GB VAT)

Aprx €195.00 less €30.00 cashback

TOTAL - €165.00

DID.ie have it

1. gt-p3110zwabt-samsung-8gb-white-tab.jpg
      Samsung Galaxy TAB2 8GB Wifi 7"

GT-P3110ZWABT
      • In Stock Online
      • Standard Delivery

• RRP: €299.99
      • Our Price: €259.99

Basq wrote: »

Is this one definitely part of the cashback as per Samsung's T&C ??

"Qualifying products and cashback amounts:
    1. Galaxy Tab 2 7" claim £30/€30 Cashback PLUS a free 8GB Micro SD Card.
      The relevant product codes are:

GT-P3100TSEBTU, GT-P3100TSABTU, GT-P3100ZWEBTU, GT-P3100ZWABTU, GT-P3110TSEBTU, GT-P3110TSABTU, GT-P3110ZWEBTU, GT-P3110ZWABTU"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭jaykay74

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this one definitely part of the cashback as per Samsung's T&C ??

"Qualifying products and cashback amounts:
    1. Galaxy Tab 2 7" claim £30/€30 Cashback PLUS a free 8GB Micro SD Card.
      The relevant product codes are:

GT-P3100TSEBTU, GT-P3100TSABTU, GT-P3100ZWEBTU, GT-P3100ZWABTU, GT-P3110TSEBTU, GT-P3110TSABTU, GT-P3110ZWEBTU, GT-P3110ZWABTU"

Can't see the model number on amazon but the model number on the did.ie site which is the post before yours matches one of the relevant product codes so it would seem like a good indication.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Id pay that bit extra and get a nexus 7 personally. Or maybe get a 64gb blackberry playbook for €139 in currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Tinie wrote: »
    Id pay that bit extra and get a nexus 7 personally. Or maybe get a 64gb blackberry playbook for €139 in currys.

I can understand on the nexus but can you elaborate on why you would get the playbook ahead of this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

donnacha wrote: »
    I can understand on the nexus but can you elaborate on why you would get the playbook ahead of this?

Well I suppose it depends in your wants/needs. If you want a well built media tablet with a great browser and built in flash, the playbook. Its also very cheap for what you get. Obviously if you need lots and lots of apps and want android OS, dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

This is also on Topachat with the €50 cashback. So i'd say it does qualify for the cashback.

As for the Playbook, Yep, i'd probably go for that above this too..

Reason amongst many is, while the Samsung is a great tablet, it slows down pretty quick, and the best way around that is to put a Custom Rom on it. Makes it still a great tablet, but it gets too slow too quick.

Yeah, the Playbook can do with some tweaking too, but you have a lot more room and the OS is decent. You can get most of the Android apps working on it.

TBH there isn't much in it for me, i would just prefer the 64GB Playbook by only a slightly higher margin, The 64GB is a big selling point too.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Can't see the model number on amazon but the model number on the did.ie site which is the post before yours matches one of the relevant product codes so it would seem like a good indication.

Yeh that's it, I cant see the model number either on the Amazon link so cannot tell.

I take it the DID one i showed is the like for like model and not a 3g model?

Allyall wrote: »
    This is also on Topachat with the €50 cashback. So i'd say it does qualify for the cashback.

As for the Playbook, Yep, i'd probably go for that above this too..

Reason amongst many is, while the Samsung is a great tablet, it slows down pretty quick, and the best way around that is to put a Custom Rom on it. Makes it still a great tablet, but it gets too slow too quick.

Yeah, the Playbook can do with some tweaking too, but you have a lot more room and the OS is decent. You can get most of the Android apps working on it.

TBH there isn't much in it for me, i would just prefer the 64GB Playbook by only a slightly higher margin, The 64GB is a big selling point too.

They don't ship to Ireland though right?

I think his point is that there's cashback available on that so it should be on this!

Yep, Sorry, that was just for reference. Not actually sure whether or not they do post here.

Here is the Samsung Cashback offer. £30 back on the 7 inch. £50 on the 10 inch.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/?pid=uk_promotion_home_banner8_tab2promo_20120802

It's really just another way of saying we have dropped the price..

If it's anything like the offer on the Samsung Chronos be prepared to do a lot of waiting and a bit of hoop jumping! :)

jaykay74 wrote: »

I can see it, its GT-P3110TSEBTU which does qualify for the £/€30 cash back according to a previous post listing the model numbers.

biebiebie wrote: »
    I can see it, its GT-P3110TSEBTU which does qualify for the £/€30 cash back according to a previous post listing the model numbers.

How/where can you see it?

I wonder will they flog off the 16gb model on Black Friday?

I just noticed, you actually get £30 Cashback AND and 8GB MicroSD card..

Not a lot, but still handy to have..

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »

How/where can you see it?

sorry that's the silver model which isn't discounted. The discounted one is GT-P3110ZWABTU

Advertisement