Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nolitimere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

sake,,,, how often is the price changing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Its back to £158.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Its back to £158.

Gone up to 198 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

aspasp1 wrote: »
    If someone is looking for a case there is one on pixmania for 10.98 delivered. I have just ordered one. will put review when i get it.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11973778/art/cover-up/samsung-galaxy-tab-p1000.html

Hope it helps someone.

aspasp1

Did you receive this case yet, just wondering if it fits it ok, is there any difference in size between the original galaxy tab an the tab 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Did you receive this case yet, just wondering if it fits it ok, is there any difference in size between the original galaxy tab an the tab 2?

Received it today and it fits perfect. All controls are accessible including front and rear camera. and it looks very good as well.

I think you cant go wrong at this price.

aspasp1

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Received it today and it fits perfect. All controls are accessible including front and rear camera. and it looks very good as well.

I think you cant go wrong at this price.

aspasp1

Ah excellent stuff, I ordered one of these cases today, but it was only after I placed the order that I realised it was for the original tab and wasnt sure if the tab 2 was a different size. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I jusr collected my lovely tab... i was one of the lucky ones that got it at £147. Just a question re storage....box says 8gb ok but the free memory is 4.5gb. Would system take up 3.5gb?

Btw thanks for pixmania link for case...i'm on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Boom! Got it at 158.
    Now whats the deal with the cashback?
    Anyone get it yet?
    What needs doing?

Thanks!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dazzy wrote: »
    It's now available from Amazon for £149. On the mobile so will add link later.

You never added the link you twat Van Zan had to do it for ya.

Useless plum.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

vicwatson wrote: »

So say I bought that beforehand do I need to sort out any cashback stuff.

How does it work? do I just buy the thing first then get cashback later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

jayteecork wrote: »

yes you need to claim your cashback on the samsung website, but u cant do it straight away, i think its 28 days after you have bought it. if u keep reading back a few pages you will find the info, so no one has got it yet that bought the tablet at this price on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

mel123 wrote: »
    yes you need to claim your cashback on the samsung website, but u cant do it straight away, i think its 28 days after you have bought it. if u keep reading back a few pages you will find the info, so no one has got it yet that bought the tablet at this price on the thread.

you have to do it between 15 and 60 days from date of invoice or receipt. If you do it before 15 or after 60 it will not be processed

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Boom! Got it at 158.
    Now whats the deal with the cashback?
    Anyone get it yet?
    What needs doing?

Thanks!

Check first couple pages of the thread, all the details there.

You got it at Stg 158 (aprx € 197.50), and then you get €30.00 back if in ROI, so that's €167.50 - the cheapest I've seen these in B and Mortar shop or online in Ireland is €249.95 (less cashback), €219.95

You've saved aprx €52.45 !! Happy days eh
    jayteecork wrote: »

Yes, you buy it then 15 days after you can claim back the €30.00/£30.00 - depending on the jurisdiction, you must claim it between 15 and 60 days (1st day is the date of purchase)
    mel123 wrote: »

There is a link to the cashback in the first one or two pages of the thread
    jmorrisey wrote: »
    you have to do it between 15 and 60 days from date of invoice or receipt. If you do it before 15 or after 60 it will not be processed

Correct !

Check first couple pages of the thread, all the details there.

You got it at Stg 158 (aprx € 197.50), and then you get €30.00 back if in ROI, so that's €167.50 - the cheapest I've seen these in B and Mortar shop or online in Ireland is €249.95 (less cashback), €219.95

You've saved aprx €52.45 !! Happy days eh

Yes, you buy it then 15 days after you can claim back the €30.00/£30.00 - depending on the jurisdiction, you must claim it between 15 and 60 days (1st day is the date of purchase)

There is a link to the cashback in the first one or two pages of the thread

Correct !

Your figures are not 100% correct if you selected free delivery to ROI, you didnt factor in the Irish VAT rate, the actual price is £161.95 which in my case was €203, and with the €30 cash back offer, that works out at €173, compared to €240 in PC world minus €30 cash back, brings it to €210, still a nice overall saving of €37

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Your figures are not 100% correct if you selected free delivery to ROI, you didnt factor in the Irish VAT rate, the actual price is £161.95 which in my case was €203, and with the €30 cash back offer, that works out at €173, compared to €240 in PC world minus €30 cash back, brings it to €210, still a nice overall saving of €37

Pedantics !

The poster said he paid Stg 158, that's what I based my figures on, they aren't my figures ;)

A savings a saving no matter what.

I got mine for Stg 152 delivered which converted to €195 less €30 = €165 vs €240 = €75 - an even nicer saving :p

Pedantics !

The poster said he paid Stg 158, that's what I based my figures on, they aren't my figures ;)

A savings a saving no matter what.

I got mine for Stg 152 delivered which converted to €195 less €30 = €165 vs €240 = €75 - an even nicer saving :p

We all got it for the sterling price,its just if we selected an Irish delivery address or not, is where the difference in the price becomes applicable, but we are all agreed that whichever way we paid for it, we all availed of a great bargain, oh and to continue been a bit pedantic :) you didn't factor in the €30 cash back from the €240 price so your savings is €45, sorry I couldn't resist

Sorry for going off on a tangent by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Back up to £191. I keep missing it!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Got mine a couple of weeks back, Santa present for my daughter, savage little tablet, set it up last night and sent off the claim this morning. Delighted with it. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Argos have this for €189 with €30 cashback and 8gb card.
    Unfortunately only 2 left in tralee might be of use to someone

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=508%2F8735

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5088735/Trail/searchtext%3ESAMSUNG+TAB.htm

So anyone have a decent link to a 32 gig micro sd card which would suit this beastie?

Does it have to be a certain class card to work in the tab 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

blue-army wrote: »
    Back up to £191. I keep missing it!! :mad:

Its back to £158 for the Silver one (1 left more on the way)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab2-inch-Tablet/dp/B0080OQJDK/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1354709996&sr=1-4

e8wvfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

just got mine, credit card statement show e190.15 missing. so with cashback e160. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

jmorrisey wrote: »
    So anyone have a decent link to a 32 gig micro sd card which would suit this beastie?

Does it have to be a certain class card to work in the tab 2?

I picked this one up for €17.79 + ParcelMotel .. price slightly higher now. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003HIWHN0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Its a Class4 .. hasn't arrived yet so can't confirm if it works with the Galaxy Tab.

Mike1961 wrote: »
    I picked this one up for €17.79 + ParcelMotel .. price slightly higher now. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003HIWHN0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Its a Class4 .. hasn't arrived yet so can't confirm if it works with the Galaxy Tab.
    Dont have a clue regarding different class of cards. Anyone know if class 4 would do?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Maybe you should use a price checker on your browser
    They'll email you when drops. I forget the name mine but I know of camel camel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Maybe you should use a price checker on your browser
    They'll email you when drops. I forget the name mine but I know of camel camel.

Damn, Missed it again!

Good idea though, I'll give that a try - Cheers :)

EDIT: camel camel obviously isn't live, as it's still showing as 158 on there. :/

Advertisement