Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Does that mean Sky Go will work?

Unfortunately not. There's a forum on Sky where several (thousand) of us Android Tab owners have voiced our 'disappointment' that Sky Go is not yet available on this tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

donnacha wrote: »
    Finally settled on a case myself. Ordered this Manna one from Amazon - not the cheapest out there but I'm hoping it will look good with the device:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008MR51L6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

I'll report back here on fit etc once its delivered.

My leicke/manna cover arrived today - its an absolutely perfect fit and holds the tablet at 4 corners so none of the screen is obstructed.

The finish/stitching is of very high quality finish and the cover provides a couple of standing options. It also doesn't appear to have one of the flaws of other covers that I'd read revies on that are too tight and leave imprints on the screen when closed. In fact the closure mechanism is quite clever in that it grips the side of tablet a bit like the way the four corners are held.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Silver one back down to £158

2BCA3656-E4A3-4C51-B204-A8A9F1507064-11224-000004D1DD217761.jpg

For those awaiting claims:

I'd received my claim submitted email on 4th Dec which stated:

All that is left to do to is wait for your claim to be validated. The checking and validation process may take up to 14 days after claim submission so please expect to hear from us within this time frame regarding your claim.

As today is the 19th I decided to call. Only had to wait 5 minutes on hold. The guy on phone basically went through my claim while as I was on the phone and approved it there and then and a minute after I got off the phone with him I got my claim validated email. Have to wait another 30 days now to get the money into the bank and up to 30 days to receive the SD card which is sent by an external supplier.

I wouldn't be surprised if you just rang them within a day or two of getting your claim reference number that they'd do the same for you and it would speed up the transfer of money for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Two claims submitted on the 4th of December.

One is now Validated
    Thank you for submitting a claim for this promotion. Your claim has now been validated and marked for payment; payment will be made to you between 30 - 45 days of receipt of this email. Online claims will be paid via a BACS transfer, paper claims will be paid via cheque.

The second is still pending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

:confused: Hi, I got 2 of the 7" tab 2.0 after seeing it posted here.

I'm stuck on step 4 of 10 where it's looking for the model type. I know it's the 8 gb white 7" but don't know which of the 10 products to pick from the drop down list.

Presents are wrapped now & are 200 km away so I've no way of getting to them. I only kept the serial number on the box and the Amazon receipt.

Anybody know any more?

:confused: Hi, I got 2 of the 7" tab 2.0 after seeing it posted here.

I'm stuck on step 4 of 10 where it's looking for the model type. I know it's the 8 gb white 7" but don't know which of the 10 products to pick from the drop down list.

Presents are wrapped now & are 200 km away so I've no way of getting to them. I only kept the serial number on the box and the Amazon receipt.

Anybody know any more?

For white (or silver) you can choose the option "P3110 or GT-P3110"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks Donnacha - but does it matter what the other letters at the end are?

Also, just closed the page there out of frustration. It won't take my bank acc number and sort code details, keeps telling me they're not complete and won't let me go any further.

Presume it's an issue with ROI Vs UK but the drop down list wouldn't let me select Ireland as country, only UK was available.

Rang the phone number I was given and phone line is closed.

Feel like SCREAMING out loud, after getting to 7 or 8 of 10.

Wasn't sure either abuot how to do a pdf or jpg of the receipt so print screen it and saved as a jpg in PowerPoint, hope that's ok

I honestly don't think so. Mind you I chose that option as I bought mine from Amazon and the shortened version was what was printed on the box.
    Also, just closed the page there out of frustration. It won't take my bank acc number and sort code details, keeps telling me they're not complete and won't let me go any further.
    Presume it's an issue with ROI Vs UK but the drop down list wouldn't let me select Ireland as country, only UK was available.
    https://samsungbacktocollege.com/claims/tab2cashback/terms
    Step 1 has the first dropdown of country of purchase. Even though Amazon is in the UK you need to choose Ireland as the country of purchase. If you don't choose Ireland at this point then at later stages it will default UK as your mailing address (for your SD card) and expect UK bank details.
    Remember its IBAN and BIC Swift you need to enter at this point ... some banks have handy online calculators if you know your account details but don't have the IBAN/Swift handy e.g: https://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/online-business-banking/single-euro-payments-area/iban-calculator/

Wasn't sure either abuot how to do a pdf or jpg of the receipt so print screen it and saved as a jpg in PowerPoint, hope that's ok
    That sounds perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nakgti

Hi , just bought a Galaxy tab 7.0 today and never heard anything about getting cash back.... Paid £158 stg for it in Curry's northern Ireland..
    So is it jut a case of waiting 15 days now then applying on Samsung site for the cash back... And if i have access to a northern address i can claim back the money in good old STG's...????
    Cheers

• Advertisement

I honestly don't think so. Mind you I chose that option as I bought mine from Amazon and the shortened version was what was printed on the box.

The codes do matter, as the different versions are the 8GB, 16GB and 3G/Non 3G models.

I got my second email today to say the claim had been validated and I would have the money in the account in a few weeks.

Also, you have to remember that these claims are going to be processes by a third party who have a set of guidelines to follow and they won't care if you had issues completing the form or following the instructions. They may just reject incorrect claims.

Anyone with AIB, the IBAN and BIC infor is at the top of your statement, you can just look at it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

For those awaiting claims:

I'd received my claim submitted email on 4th Dec which stated:

All that is left to do to is wait for your claim to be validated. The checking and validation process may take up to 14 days after claim submission so please expect to hear from us within this time frame regarding your claim.

As today is the 19th I decided to call. Only had to wait 5 minutes on hold. The guy on phone basically went through my claim while as I was on the phone and approved it there and then and a minute after I got off the phone with him I got my claim validated email. Have to wait another 30 days now to get the money into the bank and up to 30 days to receive the SD card which is sent by an external supplier.

I wouldn't be surprised if you just rang them within a day or two of getting your claim reference number that they'd do the same for you and it would speed up the transfer of money for you.

Republic of Ireland: 0818 903 124

Is this number for them a premium rate number from a mobile or....?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    The codes do matter, as the different versions are the 8GB, 16GB and 3G/Non 3G models.

I got my second email today to say the claim had been validated and I would have the money in the account in a few weeks.

That's good to hear, around how long from submitting did it take to get that email?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

The "ZW" is White, the "TS" is Titanium Silver, the "ABTU" is the 8GB and the "EBTU" is the 16GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Got mine on Amazon. They're asking for price in Euros on the claim, but my invoice is in Sterling. I assume a simple conversion and giving them the equivalent euros value will suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Got mine on Amazon. They're asking for price in Euros on the claim, but my invoice is in Sterling. I assume a simple conversion and giving them the equivalent euros value will suffice?

Thats what i did

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

I just gave the pound amount on the Irish claim form and they sent me my €50 as it was to an Irish bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Two questions.

1) Will a print off of the amazon email count as a receipt? I can't find the invoice that came with the galaxy.

2) Where is the android marketplace on this? I can only find the Samsung marketplace app...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Tusky wrote: »
    Two questions.

1) Will a print off of the amazon email count as a receipt? I can't find the invoice that came with the galaxy.

2) Where is the android marketplace on this? I can only find the Samsung marketplace app...

'Play' is the name of the Android market app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Mike1961 wrote: »
    For anyone that has bought this lovely little tab .. the Jelly bean update is now available for download.

Bought mine 24th Dec from D.I.D and it already had Jelly Bean (4.1.1) on it.

(had a €50 voucher from when I signed up to UPC with the boards.ie deal)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Has anyone installed anti-virus software. I have AVG free on laptop and i think its great but wonder if it will make the Tablet really slow or take up loads of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Tusky wrote: »
    Two questions.

I copied the receipt form my account on Amazon and saved it as a pdf in word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

She fell asleep after Christmas dinner cradling it in her arm. Success.

Received 8gb card today in the post.

No money lodged to bank yet though.

Anyone else get fixed up yet?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Despite applying online on the 20th Dec, it took a phonecall to them today to have my three seperate claims validated, was told that money would be lodged into my bank acc within 30 days, and that the memory cards were been handled by a different company. In total, I'm waiting on cash back for 6 devices.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Received 8gb card today in the post.

No money lodged to bank yet though.

Anyone else get fixed up yet?

nope - no money yet and no SD card. mind you they did say it'll be up to 30 days from 18th dec when my claim was validated. curious on when your claim got validated seeing as you have got your SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Have tried on 3 separate occasions to call them & each time waited 15 mins without an answer .Anyone have a diff num to reach them on ? Emailed them too but nothing. Tried today on num from website & guy put me through to Tech .Imo customer service is diabolical .When I registered claim I didn't put bank details in thinking would ring them .Big mistake .

shardylan wrote: »
    Have tried on 3 separate occasions to call them & each time waited 15 mins without an answer .Anyone have a diff num to reach them on ? Emailed them too but nothing. Tried today on num from website & guy put me through to Tech .Imo customer service is diabolical .When I registered claim I didn't put bank details in thinking would ring them .Big mistake .

I'd imagine they are processing a lot of claims with all the xmas orders ... I got through no problem on the 18th Dec - but I had tried a couple of weeks earlier when originally sending in my claim and was on hold forever so gave up. Maybe just try at a few different times during the day and give up if you don't get through after 5 mins. The numbers I got in the email from them are:

UK: 0843 308 3776
    Republic of Ireland: 0818 903 124

Local call rates apply, lines open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.

• Advertisement

nope - no money yet and no SD card. mind you they did say it'll be up to 30 days from 18th dec when my claim was validated. curious on when your claim got validated seeing as you have got your SD card?

I got this e-mail on 2nd Dec to say -

"Thank you for submitting your claim for the Samsung Back To College offer. Your online claim is now complete.
    Claim Reference: XXXXXX

Successful claims will be settled electronically using the bank details provided during your application. Please allow a maximum of 45 days from validation for settlement"

They never notified me if it was validated or not despite me e-mailing them to ask and then today the card arrived with a letter that mentioned nothing of the cash refund. I'm sure the cash refund is on the way as they card has arrived.

As I haven't actually received a validation notice I'm taking the 2nd of December as that - that implies they have another 10 days to make the payment by my reckoning !!:p

Advertisement