Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

vicwatson wrote: »

I got this e-mail on 2nd Dec to say -

"Thank you for submitting your claim for the Samsung Back To College offer. Your online claim is now complete.
    Claim Reference: XXXXXX

All that is left to do to is wait for your claim to be validated. The checking and validation process may take up to 14 days after claim submission so please expect to hear from us within this time frame regarding your claim.
    Successful claims will be settled electronically using the bank details provided during your application. Please allow a maximum of 45 days from validation for settlement"

They never notified me if it was validated or not despite me e-mailing them to ask and then today the card arrived with a letter that mentioned nothing of the cash refund. I'm sure the cash refund is on the way as they card has arrived.

As I haven't actually received a validation notice I'm taking the 2nd of December as that - that implies they have another 10 days to make the payment by my reckoning !!:p

That's the same mail I got on the 4th December - I then phoned on the 19th and the rep processed my claim over the phone. I then got a separate mail to say my claim was now validated. I can't imagine they'd of sent you the sd card until your claim was validated so just a waiting game now for your cash.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

shardylan wrote: »
    Have tried on 3 separate occasions to call them & each time waited 15 mins without an answer .Anyone have a diff num to reach them on ? Emailed them too but nothing. Tried today on num from website & guy put me through to Tech .Imo customer service is diabolical .When I registered claim I didn't put bank details in thinking would ring them .Big mistake .

It took be two calls to get through to them today, first one I was on hold for 10 mins and had to hang up then, tried then a few hours later and was just about to give up after 15 mins, but then, a different recorded message came on saying I was in position 9, I was through then within a further 5 or 6 message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Waiting here too. I'd imagine that they're snowed under with applications since Christmas. So there may be a delay, but I'm sure Samsung will get to everyone sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I just got an email from samsung asking

"Please forward an image of the back of the tablet including the serial and model numbers."

is this normal? i havn't heard of anyone else doing this.

donegal. wrote: »

"Please forward an image of the back of the tablet including the serial and model numbers."

I'd imagine its a standard request when something on the form you've filled in doesn't seem right to them. I didn't get the request myself but I wouldn't hesitate to send them the picture - at least it means they are reviewing your claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Anyone buy and use a Class 10 ultra high speed sandisk sd card and having issues with it?

Getting strange errors and research seems to indicate that there are compatibility issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

donegal. wrote: »

Sounds like the serial number you entered doesn't match with their records. Perhaps you interpreted a zero for an O(h) or visa versa. Anyhow at least it's a simple request and sounds like your application is actually being processed.

As a matter of interest when did you submit your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mel123

how much extra memory can you put in here, is 32GB the max?
    read back on the post, i know its there somewhere but just cant find it

32GB as Standard from Samsung. There is a way to put in a 64GB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mel123

32GB as Standard from Samsung. There is a way to put in a 64GB though.

Do share please :D

• Advertisement

I cant remember to be honest, i think you just need to format the card on pc to Fat32 and it will say the card is 32gb on the tab, but actually pick up all 64gb of data. Something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Received 8gb card today in the post.

No money lodged to bank yet though.

Anyone else get fixed up yet?

Received my 8gb SD card yesterday - its a class 4 which I was a bit surprised by
    Anyone buy and use a Class 10 ultra high speed sandisk sd card and having issues with it?

Getting strange errors and research seems to indicate that there are compatibility issues.

I'll need to read up on this - is this a sandisk card issue or class 10 issue? it might explain why they are shipping class 4 cards as part of the rewards/cashback claim.

donnacha wrote: »
    Received my 8gb SD card yesterday - its a class 4 which I was a bit surprised by

I'll need to read up on this - is this a sandisk card issue or class 10 issue? it might explain why they are shipping class 4 cards as part of the rewards/cashback claim.

I cant quite figure that out. But there are reported issues with Class 10 and Sandisk ultra high speed class 10 cards.

Just sent mine back and ordered a Samsung Class 4 or 6 (cant remember) 32gb card.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I got this e-mail on 2nd Dec to say -

"Thank you for submitting your claim for the Samsung Back To College offer. Your online claim is now complete.
    Claim Reference: XXXXXX

All that is left to do to is wait for your claim to be validated. The checking and validation process may take up to 14 days after claim submission so please expect to hear from us within this time frame regarding your claim.
    Successful claims will be settled electronically using the bank details provided during your application. Please allow a maximum of 45 days from validation for settlement"

They never notified me if it was validated or not despite me e-mailing them to ask and then today the card arrived with a letter that mentioned nothing of the cash refund. I'm sure the cash refund is on the way as they card has arrived.

As I haven't actually received a validation notice I'm taking the 2nd of December as that - that implies they have another 10 days to make the payment by my reckoning !!:p

I got claim complete mail on 14th December then claim validated email on 3rd Jaunary.
    No sign of cash or card yet though......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

It will take 30-35 days after you get the claim validated email. I gave then a call today, was surprised to get through within 2-3 min. Thats what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Did anybody else get an email looking for additional documentation? I got one 3 weeks after submitting my claim. Took me 2 or 3 days to get to it, so I emailed it all back again but still haven't received a confirmation!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did anybody else get an email looking for additional documentation? I got one 3 weeks after submitting my claim. Took me 2 or 3 days to get to it, so I emailed it all back again but still haven't received a confirmation!

What documentation did they request?

donnacha wrote: »

What class was it meant be I don't remember

What documentation did they request?

They requested a copy of Invoice and screenshot of serial number on the box from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Will this work as receipt? Have sent it in but just read that they don't accept delivery notices.

1z3p10z.png

Thats exactly what I sent to them. Just took a full screenshot inside the browser. When I called them they said its fine and validated the claim on the phone. Got a validation mail within a day.
    Tusky wrote: »
    Will this work as receipt? Have sent it in but just read that they don't accept delivery notices.

1z3p10z.png

Switched from a Class 10 Ultra high speed Sandisk to a Class 6 Samsung and all my problems have gone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jlx

i have a reservation no. for argos in dundrum for a 7 inch galaxy tab 2 silver for €199. it was the last one at the time and it has to be used by tomorrow evening. if anyone is intrested please PM me and i will send you the code.

Did ANYONE get cash back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

None here, got approved approx first week of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

None here, got approved approx first week of January.

The same. They certainly make you work for the cashback.

I agree with you. I've e-mailed them to ask them the craic, will let y'all know.

They ain't getting away it :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It's been over two weeks since I got mine approved, I've heard nothing since.

Oh and slightly off topic, skygo is finally available on the 7" tab 2 now, not sure about the 10" one though.

• Advertisement

I only submitted my claim in early Jan. havent heard back.

Worse still, i never took down my claim number and there seems to be no way to retrieve it or see how my claim is going.

Glad to see SkyGo working, thanks Aquos.

Advertisement