Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭sundodger5

not funny now. coldest spell since 1963? so what do i get. now lashing rain.
    arghhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

the north, west and north-west are the areas that could get plastered overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

jd wrote: »
    2am-look at top of pic

Kinda, it's the the amount predicted to fall in the 3 hours before 2am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

that low system i have been looking at has grown in stature continually since about 8pm. It's centre is located to the north west of Lewis. The one that Su Campu has been following as a potential PL is just enveloping the orkneys at present

the second image is from a couple of hours ago and shows you how the Lewis system has taken on a nice low appearance. With winds going N/NE, does anyone think that the 'Lewis' low has any potential to bring significant weather to Ireland tomorrow? Or are we dealing with the Orkney's system only?

image.ashx?country=gb&type=last&time=201001050100&sat=
    image.ashx?country=gb&type=last&time=201001042245&sat=

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

Light snow in Kenmare. First shower of the cold spell at lower levels:) Will only give a dusting by anything will do at this stage;) Surprised the snowers held up for so long. Looks promising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

mad DIY wrote: »
    Celbridgians will have to look out their windows to see if that snow shower hit them as the RainToday radar return has gone missing again - maybe the radar went very very wondy just mow :D:D

Maybe the RADAR got hit by a stray snowflake :D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

its raining heavly now in west mayo.

what a laod of horse muck.

the coldest prolonged spell in 50 years.

what a fwakin liberty!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Clear skys herein navan. Nothing as of yet. Chances of snow tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Su Campu wrote: »
    Not a dickybird here, all's calm

Radars back, the blob got considerably smaller and went south of Celbridge by a whisker. I hope not all of the precip coming across is going to fizzle out before it gets to the east coast:(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

like i often say more chance of a snowflake coming out yer arse.

• Advertisement

Tactical wrote: »
    Maybe the RADAR got hit by a stray snowflake :D:D:P

LOL, might be closer to the truth than you think !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

is the Shannon radar back working? looks like it to me http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Radars back, the blob got considerably smaller and went south of Celbridge by a whisker. I hope not all of the precip coming across is going to fizzle out before it gets to the east coast:(

It's not back :confused: You are probably looking at the first frame of the animation which was back in 20:45 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ha love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Had a final look outta da window... murky night, sky seems dirty and foggy.... loads of rain lying on back street and it has melted away the snow that fell early on today and some of the ice that has been there 3 weeks or so. If temp falls at all during night, gonna need socks over shoes to get to car.. :rolleyes:

still going bed with hope in heart for the wonderful 'whiteness' in morning.... fingers crossed... night all, enjoy!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

So no snow in Dublin then :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Light snow shower at Cork Airport at 0000Z

METAR EICK 050000Z 27007KT 9999 -SHSN BKN016 M00/M05 Q1014 TEMPO BKN008=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Yeh it will be interesting when the next few showers through the night arrive, to see if they will fall as snow or rain, and since mayo its raining heavily, and temps up a bit more here +1.1 C and +0.8 C dp, i am kinda expecting rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Apologies for coming to the post late but can anyone tell me if any of the previous 22 pages points to snow for Balbriggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's raining again:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

:D.

Certainly the case in these here parts IBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Karma !!

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    that low system i have been looking at has grown in stature continually since about 8pm. It's centre is located to the north west of Lewis. The one that Su Campu has been following as a potential PL is just enveloping the orkneys at present

the second image is from a couple of hours ago and shows you how the Lewis system has taken on a nice low appearance. With winds going N/NE, does anyone think that the 'Lewis' low has any potential to bring significant weather to Ireland tomorrow? Or are we dealing with the Orkney's system only?

I now suspect the two are going to merge into the one system, probably scuppering any chance of that polar low. But we'll just have to wait and see, unfortunately there are feck all observations up there to give a hint.

Rougies wrote: »
    It's not back :confused: You are probably looking at the first frame of the animation which was back in 20:45 ;)

The radar RainToday uses as a composite to detect precip over Leinster is the one I'm referring to there, it must be in the UK somewhere. Sorry for not being specific:o

Edit : which has now gone - again..!!

Apologies for coming to the post late but can anyone tell me if any of the previous 22 pages points to snow for Balbriggan?

More chance from tomorrow on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Lot of precip north of the border? Anyone have any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Just went outside.... bloody drizzling on Louth/Monaghan border.

Stupid rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Welcome to baords wobblyknees.

I think the East could see some snow tonight but it may be limited. Best bet is tomorrow. Although the experts will be better judges of that !
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Thanks, I read through them all and thought as much but wasn't 100%.

• Advertisement

The radar RainToday uses as a composite to detect precip over Leinster is the one I'm referring to there, it must be in the UK somewhere. Sorry for not being specific:o

There's a UKMO radar in Belfast that's used

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement