Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

maudgonner wrote:
    I'm watching the new version of All Creatures Great and Small and there are definite vibes between Mrs Hall and Siegfried and I don't know how to feel about this.

I used to love the original, read a few of the books.

I hate when they remake things. Always never as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I look and feel pregnant but the bump is in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    The creepy spider that spied on me for my shower this morning and who kept dangling himself above my head. Go away, only I like to do the creeping on others! :p

I always check the shower before getting in, and any creepy crawley in there gets a free shower and waterslide ride!

TA'd on the panic that sets in when multiple customers are affected by an issue. Management jumping in trying to call the shots and they no clue of the processes, account managers trying to get their customer prioritised above the others. Feel like telling them all to go feck and turning off the laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Films and tv shows where the characters go to bed at night with the curtains and blinds wide open, bonus points if they happen to live in an apartment in Manhattan, with the bright lights shining in.

Nobody actually sleeps like that except maybe for serial killers. It’s just so unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

People who make up words. Just stop. Two examples I’ve seen today:

“You might get catharification from it”. Catharsis. You might get catharsis from it.

“He didn’t even get any penalisation”. He didn’t get penalised or he didn’t get a penalty. One or the other. Not that abomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭4Ad

Manager from one of my workplaces just rang asking if I'd cover a 5th shift! And tomorrow is my only day off. When I declined he got angry and told me would discuss it with me on my next day in! He won't like what I will have to say on that day.

Feck him..just mention the 'bully' word..might quieten him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I wanted one small but very specific thing for my birthday. Nobody got it for me, despite mentioning it several times throughout the year. TA when people just throw money at you for birthdays. I have a job, I don't need money but a little thought would be cheaper and mean so much more :(

When I told OH I was upset he didn't remember the small thing I wanted, he claimed he'd been "looking for it for two weeks online". I found it in thirty seconds. I guess he must be using a different internet :D

Edit I think the TA really is that I always put so much thought into gifting for others. I really try so hard to get things people will love. It's not about flashy presents but just things that say "I know you, I know what you value and I really want you to be happy/ surprised". And I suppose I hold everyone else up to that same standard. It's bound to lead to disappointment I suppose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

On the flip side, I'd much prefer money. Not that I want it, but 99.9% of the time, people buy me presents for which I have no want or need, ie: watches, clothes, etc. It still stings that after 3 years together, my ex bought me a watch. I had never worn a watch in the 3 years, I never made mention of wanting one, and I'm also pretty sure I had driven home the face that a watch is pointless when I have a smartphone! Wouldn't mind but I was always buying stuff she wanted/needed...

Thought I had lost the watch too, ended up buying a second one to cover for the lost first one, said I'd put it in safe keeping in x drawer, and lo and behold there was the original one. Must have put it there for safe keeping.

TA'd at watches. Pointless these days. Just a fashion accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

On the flip side, I'd much prefer money. Not that I want it, but 99.9% of the time, people buy me presents for which I have no want or need, ie: watches, clothes, etc. It still stings that after 3 years together, my ex bought me a watch. I had never worn a watch in the 3 years, I never made mention of wanting one, and I'm also pretty sure I had driven home the face that a watch is pointless when I have a smartphone! Wouldn't mind but I was always buying stuff she wanted/needed...

Thought I had lost the watch too, ended up buying a second one to cover for the lost first one, said I'd put it in safe keeping in x drawer, and lo and behold there was the original one. Must have put it there for safe keeping.

This is a good point too, sorry but that's hilarious you wound (pun intended) up with two watches :D Reminds me of a watch TA actually, there's always just one link between too small and too big. Leave the link in, the watch slides up and down your arm. Take the link out, it sits rigid on your wrist :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Traffic is back to its worst - plus some. With a lot of people avoiding public transport and all these new cycle lanes - traffic is worse than ever on my commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I do that with keys too . Put them in a safe place that no one, including me, would think of !
    My TA is in my boredom I opened a POF account which I promptly tried to delete. I googled it but no luck . I can’t delete it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ta'd at Getting a text from fraudsters claiming to be Bank of Ireland saying " "Your BOI online access is disabled by unusual activity" hmmmm.......funny that because, I don't have a BOI account, ass clowns!

Something similar happened with my mother in law, when she got a phone call from someone claiming "your Windows XP is broken, we can repair it for you".

My mother in law isn't really up on technology, doesn't know how to work a TV (she thinks changing the channel from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 breaks the TV because it doesn't show her Sky channels), and she was actually about to give them her card details. Thankfully she has one of those phones where you can practically hear every single word on the other side without needing to put it on loudspeaker, so we intervened and hung up the phone for her lol

She was annoyed at first so we had to explain it to her, thoroughly. The first thing was she didn't even have Windows XP, she had Vista (still does). And her argument was "but sure sometimes it doesn't even come up on the screen when you turn it on" (because she would turn on the computer and not the monitor).

God bless that woman lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Films and tv shows where the characters go to bed at night with the curtains and blinds wide open, bonus points if they happen to live in an apartment in Manhattan, with the bright lights shining in.

Nobody actually sleeps like that except maybe for serial killers. It’s just so unrealistic.

If it's a couple they're always brushing their teeth in a conjoined bathroom and the woman is always wearing an elegant silk nightdress. They get into bed to discuss the dramatics of the day and the woman's hair is always perfectly blow-dried.
    None of this 'did you take the bins down earlier, it's your turn' with hair balled up on top of her head and her husband scratching his arse grunting do it yourself.

TA my capacity for retaining knowledge or just plain words has dramatically dropped. I'm reading a book but have to keep going over the same paragraph cos the words won't stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Have an ABS error showing up on the dash of my car. Checked it with diagnostic software, and it said that the left rear ABS sensor was malfunctioning. That could mean the sensor needs to be replaced, or that the connector is just dirty and needs a clean.

Had a small bit of time spare time yesterday just before the kids went to bed, so I decided I'd give it a clean, on the chance that this is the issue. Got out the jack and the tools, took the wheel off, got my hands and hair filthy rummaging in behind the hub to locate the sensor, disconnected it, cleaned it with contact cleaner, waited for it to dry, then put everything back together again. Check the dash and the error is still there.

Then I remember. The diagnostics said it was the rear left sensor. I'd just spent all this time taking off the rear right wheel.

TAd that I have to do the whole job again on the correct wheel now - and it probably still won't fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Should've been flying out to Malta for the start of my cruise this morning. Instead I'm in work dealing with nonsense queries and a massive To Do list. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dreading the train back on sunday as its afternoon and they tend to be 'lively', so I thought I would take my ancient Ipad and do some online learning to help with all the noise and drama.

Spent all last pm getting the internet right on it, turning it on and off to build speed, they I downloaded sites to stimulate speed on that. All good with every site but the one I need! that one just sits there with its ring doing over and over and no video ta. Looks like I'll have to bring my phone and that is exactly what I dont want to do.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

TA'd that I don't know why the government are still meeting in the Convention Centre.

Read somewhere it's costing €50,000 per day.

maybe it's not possible for TD's to socially distance in the Dail chamber

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What time will you be home for dinner?

Around sixish.

You couldn't put a few more variables into that answer, just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jane Austen and all the remakes of her crap stuff they keep making. Seriously lads I think 273 different film and miniseries versions of Pride and Predjudice is enough! Nope, they are making a new one.
    And Mr Darcey is a bollocks and all. :mad:

What time will you be home for dinner?
    Around sixish.
    You couldn't put a few more variables into that answer, just in case?

Had a friend once (pre mobile phone days), who while getting onto a departing bus shouted back "Meet me in town tomorrow", and then walked off to his seat. No indication of where in town (Dublin), or what time of the day (Saturday), an no way to contact him before then to clarify. I did manage to predict his movements (it involved asking if he had been into a few record shops he frequented) and bump into him the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When you have to fill in your name and address for some reason on your phone.

You type your first name and your surname automatically pops up in the the suggestions but when you click on the space to fill in your surname, it disappears from the suggestions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My work bestie, and an all round top man, passed away this afternoon. Has been terminally ill for a while and it was expectant, but its still a shock.

TA having to break the news to the rest of the staff in as composed, professional manner as possible.

Could do with a pint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I couldn't get the house alarm to turn off. The man came and and said "Mrs, that's your carbon monoxide alarm". I wanted the floor to swallow me up.

madmaggie wrote: »
    I couldn't get the house alarm to turn off. The man came and and said "Mrs, that's your carbon monoxide alarm". I wanted the floor to swallow me up.

Hope it was going off because it had expired, and not because of the C0 levels! (had one go off in my mobile home due to elevate levels - strong winds pushing the gas water heater exhaust fumes back inside. Alarm did its job and we were all ok, but it freaked me out a lot).

Checked in to my (vacant) Dad's house late last year, having not been there for a few months. C0 alarm was blaring in the kitchen, turned out to be "end of life". I happened to meet the new next door neighbours for the first time later that day, and apologised if it had disturbed them. They said it had been going off continually since they moved in a 3 weeks previously, and they'd been searching their house for the source, as it seemed to be coming from inside. :o They were very nice about it, I was morto.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

madmaggie wrote: »

I know a lady who called the mechanic because her car wouldn’t move.
    She left the handbrake on.

My work bestie, and an all round top man, passed away this afternoon.

Sorry for your loss, castletownman. Hope all goes well telling the team and in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I know a lady who called the mechanic because her car wouldn’t move.
    She left the handbrake on.

If I ever do that, I'll send for the men in white coats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd the 503 errors are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

My work bestie, and an all round top man, passed away this afternoon. Has been terminally ill for a while and it was expectant, but its still a shock.

TA having to break the news to the rest of the staff in as composed, professional manner as possible.

Could do with a pint :(

I am sorry for your loss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement