Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Goodigal

Damn fruit flies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Goodigal wrote:
    Damn fruit flies!!

They appear from nowhere. Invasion by stealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Goodigal wrote: »
    Damn fruit flies!!

you need to stop throwing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

'Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana'
    Marx said that.

• Advertisement

'Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana'
    Marx said that.

groucho or harpo?

groucho or harpo?
    Groucho. Harpo never said nuthin :p

*HONK*

159767936_1961-ad-smirnoff-vodka-harpo-marx-brothers-horn-bottle.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

200.gif

TA'd that my comedy stylings will remain unappreciated in my lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Why oh why do so many nasty sh.ts and sneaky chancers go into politics?
    Why can't more nice, honest people become politicians?

Flies prefer the smelliest shìt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A tip to get rid of fruit flies. Get a white wine bottle with about a quarter of a glass of wine left at the bottom. Clear glass bottle preferably.
    Leave the bottle where most of the flies are, maybe the kitchen. The flies are attracted to the wine and fly into the bottle. Flies have a bad sense of sight and direction so they aren't able to get back out and they meet their deadly fate at the bottom.
    Thank me later.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A tip to get rid of fruit flies. Get a white wine bottle with about a quarter of a glass of wine left at the bottom. Clear glass bottle preferably.
    Leave the bottle where most of the flies are, maybe the kitchen. The flies are attracted to the wine and fly into the bottle. Flies have a bad sense of sight and direction so they aren't able to get back out and they meet their deadly fate at the bottom.
    Thank me later.

Don't buy fruit, embrace the scurvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Don't buy fruit, embrace the scurvy.

I love fruit :)

Sorry forgot the TA.

My skin has gone funny again and I have an array of creams. It's like a chemist in this place.
    I remember having nice skin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Check forecast. Na rain due. Paint. It rains.

Baby fell asleep before night feed. Options are to either wake her now and feed her - she may or may not go back down, or leave her sleeping, knowing the hunger will wake her at 2am.

The shower of f*cktard teens in Tesco earlier who refused to keep a distance of 2 meters from my elderly mum, and had their masks hanging around their necks like some kind of fashion statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

My annoying neighbours who talk loudly at night are still really annoying, but it's now even more annoying.

I'm working different shifts now (working from home), sometimes getting up at 6am and sometimes 9am. When I get up at 9, it doesn't really matter about going to bed early, I'd be heading to bed at 1am or a bit later, so their loud talking wouldn't really affect me. Yet, every single time so far that I've been staying up until 1, they've been totally quiet and I haven't heard a thing from them and every single time I've tried to go to bed at 10pm, they're babbling for hours.

It's absolutely maddening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

His selective mutism was a TA

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

i fcuking hate when people pass by my house just as im lookin out the window, like who the f do they think they are!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

His selective mutism was a TA
    They told him to shut up in one of their early movies and he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

People that dont take the tops off bottles before putting them in bin.

People that don't make any attempt to flatten boxes before putting them in bin.

• Advertisement

^^^^
    @ mr crinkles :)

It's a lot easier to crinkle bottles (plastic ones that is) with the lid still on them; thus leaving them more flat before putting them in to t'bin.

TA'd that living in sh1tty apts it's a stressful endeavour to rip up / squash cardboard packaging/ plastic etc.. without making a hella lotta noise what might annoy t'neighbours.

'You could hear a pin drop' - pure bs and hyperbole, as rarely in any situation where it's said does that hold true...

However, 'you could hear a pen drop' - yep, that's entirely true...

"I was in my apartment last night, and you could hear a pin drop - it was that quiet - that is until my neighbour decided that 10'clock was a good time to decide to scrunch up his rubbish :rolleyes: " :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

People saying 'you're welcome' when you haven't said thank you. It lends itself to such awkwardness!

Case in point, an extremely pushy recruitment agent called me today to ask about my current position. She was trying to put me forward for a junior role I have no interest in but she kept talking over me pushing the sell on me.
    At the end of the call after firming saying no thanks, I said 'hope you find the right candidate' and she said 'you're welcome'
    The reason it annoys me is two fold - one, she presumed I was thanking her despite me having no reason to and two, she wasn't listening to a word I was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Baby fell asleep before night feed. Options are to either wake her now and feed her - she may or may not go back down, or leave her sleeping, knowing the hunger will wake her at 2am.

Just dreamfeed the baby.They dont wake up if you keep the light low and no noise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at Getting a text from fraudsters claiming to be Bank of Ireland saying " "Your BOI online access is disabled by unusual activity" hmmmm.......funny that because, I don't have a BOI account, ass clowns!

When you wait to cross the road, it is all quiet except for this one car coming my way.

After they pass i can cross over. But no!
    they have to do their good deed for the day and stop to let me cross in front of them.

Dear Motorist, this is not a good deed, let me explain why:
    -Because you are waiting, I now have to hurry across the road, if you had driven on I could have dawdled across at my own relaxed pace.
    -Now I have to wave and pretend I am grateful, when really i am thinking 'why didn't you just bleedin keep going'.
    -Your stop and start manouevre is bad for the environment and your wallet as you are using more fuel and producing more exhaust fumes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ta'd at Getting a text from fraudsters claiming to be Bank of Ireland saying " "Your BOI online access is disabled by unusual activity" hmmmm.......funny that because, I don't have a BOI account, ass clowns!
    Well, that would explain the unusual activity. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

The creepy spider that spied on me for my shower this morning and who kept dangling himself above my head. Go away, only I like to do the creeping on others! :p

New Home wrote: »
    Well, that would explain the unusual activity. :D

Don't make me break out the facepalm gif's homeo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'm watching the new version of All Creatures Great and Small and there are definite vibes between Mrs Hall and Siegfried and I don't know how to feel about this.

I mean it is Sam West, what woman could resist. But Mrs Hall exists in my brain as the housecoat wearing, hair in a bun woman from yesteryear, not a particularly sexual being confused.png 'Tis discombobulating me entirely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Manager from one of my workplaces just rang asking if I'd cover a 5th shift! And tomorrow is my only day off. When I declined he got angry and told me would discuss it with me on my next day in! He won't like what I will have to say on that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement