Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Anyone have experience with DE 2nd round interview? Any tips please?

I asked this in the first round and they said it would be much the same. Just talking about yourself and the contents of your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Has anyone had their A&L interview that can offer an insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LegallyBlonde2

Has anyone heard from HOMS or AMOSS?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Coffeelover13

Has anybody heard from Matheson? I thought they would have gotten back yesterday evening!

Has anybody heard from Matheson? I thought they would have gotten back yesterday evening!

Nope, still nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Any updates from Hayes at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

jus_me wrote: »
    Any updates from Hayes at all?

No updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Do some firms recruit again in January or is it usually a wait until October next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

user115 wrote: »
    What do people think are the main things they look for when getting an interview? Is it fe1s or high degree or what? I am over half way through fe1s and have a1st for degree and seem to not be having much luck. It's very disheartening, not sure where I am going wrong....

I'm currently on a I.I from TCD (in final year), but - and this is pure conjecture, really - I think standing out from other candidates is key to getting interviews. Pretty much everyone is on (or has) a I.I or II.I in their degree, so the only way I could think to differentiate myself from the crowd was to focus on my legal work experience (which is unique and diverse enough) and then my co-curricular stuff (which is really esoteric and niche so I imagine memorable enough).

Did they say they’d contact people by a certain date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Got an interview offer from Hayes. Had received 2 PFOs in a row so have something now. Don't know much about Hayes tbh. I'll do my research and drink the kool aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Daly29 wrote: »
    Got an interview offer from Hayes. Had received 2 PFOs in a row so have something now. Don't know much about Hayes tbh. I'll do my research and drink the kool aid.

Well done! Did they email you or call you to let you know?

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    Well done! Did they email you or call you to let you know?

Thanks, they emailed at 15:56.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pasterwords123

I'm currently on a I.I from TCD (in final year), but - and this is pure conjecture, really - I think standing out from other candidates is key to getting interviews. Pretty much everyone is on (or has) a I.I or II.I in their degree, so the only way I could think to differentiate myself from the crowd was to focus on my legal work experience (which is unique and diverse enough) and then my co-curricular stuff (which is really esoteric and niche so I imagine memorable enough).

From what I've seen being 1.1 Trinity or UCD Law & Business student basically guarantees you at least an interview (provided you didn't make an absolute disaster of your application).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawstudent2019

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers for the A&L interview?
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

Hi, new to this thread. Had my interview for A&L yesterday. For those who may have it today, don't be too stressed, it was very pleasant and no good cop/bad cop shenanigans.

The scenario is not legal based, just testing common sense/ how you'd react to a situation.

On that note, they said we wouldn't hear about offers until the 29th November.

If anyone interviewed with them, and gets an offer before then, please share in the thread so I can rest my mind because the 2 week wait is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Anyone get PFOs from DE yet?

Hi, new to this thread. Had my interview for A&L yesterday. For those who may have it today, don't be too stressed, it was very pleasant and no good cop/bad cop shenanigans.

The scenario is not legal based, just testing common sense/ how you'd react to a situation.

If anyone interviewed with them, and gets an offer before then, please share in the thread so I can rest my mind because the 2 week wait is not great.

Kinda annoying. The larger firms made an agreement to put the offers all out on the same day, the 29th. The person who told me that said they weren't sure if they would stick to it but if you are waiting for a large firm to get back, I would be praying to hear the ringtone go off on the 29th. FE1 results out that day too I think! Could be a very good/bad day for some :confused:

Did they have your application form in there with them?

Did they have your application form in there with them?

No it's totally blind. They started by introducing themselves for a while and then opened with asking me to go through the scenario.

• Advertisement

No it's totally blind. They started by introducing themselves for a while and then opened with asking me to go through the scenario.

Thanks a million

Kinda annoying. The larger firms made an agreement to put the offers all out on the same day, the 29th. The person who told me that said they weren't sure if they would stick to it but if you are waiting for a large firm to get back, I would be praying to hear the ringtone go off on the 29th. FE1 results out that day too I think! Could be a very good/bad day for some :confused:

This maybe explains the delay with Matheson. No need to rush if that’s been agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Coffeelover13

Paraeagle wrote: »
    Did they say they’d contact people by a certain date?

No not at all, but it has to be by the end of this week surely

Did anyone else find A&l didn’t really ask questions about experience? Mine were more personal based?

Got me a little worried.

What was even more worrying is I wasn’t asked “Why A&L”. Has anyone else experienced this ? In any of my other interviews I was always asked “Why choose this firm?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 adunne10

Did anyone else find A&l didn’t really ask questions about experience? Mine were more personal based?

Got me a little worried.

What was even more worrying is I wasn’t asked “Why A&L”. Has anyone else experienced this ? In any of my other interviews I was always asked “Why choose this firm?”

My A&L interview was also relatively general, they asked me about my experience but no questions along the lines of "Why A&L".

Re the firms replying (whether interviews/ PFOs), am I right in saying the following:

1. Arthur Cox (replied)
    2. William Fry (replied)
    3. McCann Fitzgerald (replied)
    4. Matheson
    5. A&L Goodbody (replied)
    6. Mason Hayes & Curran (replied)
    7. Fieldfisher (McDowell Purcell) (replied)
    8. Byrne Wallace (replied)
    9. Hayes
    10. Maples & Calder
    11. Eversheds
    12. Ronan Daly Jermyn (replied)
    13. Dillon Eustace
    14. Beauchamps
    15. HOMS
    16. Lemann

adunne10 wrote: »
    My A&L interview was also relatively general, they asked me about my experience but no questions along the lines of "Why A&L".

Re the firms replying (whether interviews/ PFOs), am I right in saying the following:

1. Arthur Cox (replied)
    2. William Fry (replied)
    4. Matheson
    9. Hayes
    10. Maples & Calder
    11. Eversheds
    13. Dillon Eustace (replied)
    14. Beauchamps
    15. HOMS
    16. Lemann
    17. LK Shields

Amended DE above. I think someone may have mentioned yesterday that Hayes have started making contact too. Edit- added LK Shields

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ciarocxcc

adunne10 wrote: »

1. Arthur Cox (replied)
    2. William Fry (replied)
    4. Matheson
    9. Hayes
    10. Maples & Calder
    11. Eversheds
    13. Dillon Eustace
    14. Beauchamps
    15. HOMS
    16. Lemann

anyone hear back from AMOSS? Or Dechert?

ciarocxcc wrote: »
    anyone hear back from AMOSS? Or Dechert?

AMOSS are particularly bad with replies. I interviewed with them previously, if you don’t hear within 3 weeks of closing date of applications, cross them off.

Dechert's deadline is tomorrow. I am submitting mine in the morning so hoping that they are still reading them. Have people heard from them?

Is there any firm with a deadline that has yet to pass? All I have down is Dechert for tomorrow really.

• Advertisement

Dechert's deadline is tomorrow. I am submitting mine in the morning so hoping that they are still reading them. Have people heard from them?

Is there any firm with a deadline that has yet to pass? All I have down is Dechert for tomorrow really.

I thought theirs closed ages ago. I have about 12 applications out now I think I’ll give it a miss this time.

Advertisement