Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Coffeelover13

My A&L interview was very much based on experience too - it's a very personal interview so the questions are based on your past internships and work experiences, rather than learning off specific competency quesions that everyone would have learned. Also, it goes without saying, but I think having a good opening is very good since it's a blind interview and it essentially sets the tone (and what you're open to being asked questions about) for the reamainder of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

My A&L interview was very much based on experience too - it's a very personal interview so the questions are based on your past internships and work experiences, rather than learning off specific competency quesions that everyone would have learned. Also, it goes without saying, but I think having a good opening is very good since it's a blind interview and it essentially sets the tone (and what you're open to being asked questions about) for the reamainder of the interview.

Mine too, I basically set out my experience in the first question which set the tone for the rest of it.

AMOSS are particularly bad with replies. I interviewed with them previously, if you don’t hear within 3 weeks of closing date of applications, cross them off.

So has anyone heard from them this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lawconverter

When did RDJ come out ? Didn’t even receive a PFO

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

Anyone know of A&L will be giving rejections after interview before 29th or will it come on 29th along with offers?

• Advertisement

Anyone know of A&L will be giving rejections after interview before 29th or will it come on 29th along with offers?

I was told the 29th for both

• Registered Users Posts: 19 roseyp123

Matheson interview emails out

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

roseyp123 wrote: »
    Matheson interview emails out

same

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Anyone have any experience with the Matheson interview process?

The email is fairly sparse on details so just wondering does anyone else have info/tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

Also does anybody know if you can access your matheson application now? I did all of my applications in a 3-hour binge and i have no recollection of what i said in that one specifically and i wouldn't mind looking over it before the interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Anyone have any experience with the Matheson interview process?

The email is fairly sparse on details so just wondering does anyone else have info/tips?

From memory there were two rounds of interviews. First round was an interview with two partners and was a typical interview e.g. tell me about yourself, why Matheson etc.

Second round consisted of two interviews with two different partners for each interview. Both interviews were relatively similar to the first interview.

Process may have changed this year so maybe ask what HR what the situation is. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Be keen to hear what other people thought of the MHC interviews? I felt there were a fair few curveballs thrown in

Paraeagle wrote: »
    Be keen to hear what other people thought of the MHC interviews? I felt there were a fair few curveballs thrown in

What sort? Mine was ok, generally about my experience with a commercial competency question at the end

What sort? Mine was ok, generally about my experience with a commercial competency question at the end

Mine was less experience and more competency/scenario based which I hadn’t been expecting. I can never gauge how well/poor I’ve performed in them! Forgot to ask when they would be making offers- do you know?

Paraeagle wrote: »
    Mine was less experience and more competency/scenario based which I hadn’t been expecting. I can never gauge how well/poor I’ve performed in them! Forgot to ask when they would be making offers- do you know?

They’ll be in touch next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Does anyone have experience of interviewing with McCanns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 adunne10

Also does anybody know if you can access your matheson application now? I did all of my applications in a 3-hour binge and i have no recollection of what i said in that one specifically and i wouldn't mind looking over it before the interview

Any update on this? I can’t seem to access my application either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 adunne10

When did RDJ come out ? Didn’t even receive a PFO

They contacted me to say they’d be in touch after I received my final FE1 results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MrAlex123

Would appreciate any advice / details of what the McCann interviews entail!

Has anyone had their Hayes interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 StargirlLaw

Anyone heard from DE about an offer? How long do they usually take?

Did anyone else find A&l didn’t really ask questions about experience? Mine were more personal based?

Got me a little worried.

What was even more worrying is I wasn’t asked “Why A&L”. Has anyone else experienced this ? In any of my other interviews I was always asked “Why choose this firm?”

That is a little odd. My entire interview was heavily based on probing questions relating to work experience, with the "why A&L" question spinning off into a fairly substantial discussion on the wider activities of the firm.

Did they just not follow up on any of your past experiences from your intro?

I wouldn't worry too much though, the 'blind' structure of the interview gives partners a wider scope to explore avenues which they feel are best suited to particular candidates.

They had some more interviews today so said they would be in touch midweek!

Are Matheson only interviewing Friday?

Got a PFO from them this morning

Yeah just received a first round interview PFO. A&L follow-up email stopped my heart as well haha

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    Got a PFO from them this morning

First or second round PFO if you mind me asking?

MrAlex123 wrote: »
    First or second round PFO if you mind me asking?

First round

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

Yeah just received a first round interview PFO. A&L follow-up email stopped my heart as well haha

Oh jesus, I was driving when I seen the notification and nearly lost control of the car. On the 29th I'm setting my phone on loud, if i get a call with (01) prefix I'll be delighted, if i hear an email, then chucking phone out the window.

On that topic, anyone know if Matheson will be one or two rounds this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

What were A&L following up on if you don't mind me being nosey :-)

Advertisement