Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

(At least some) Fry interviews out

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Does anyone have experience of or advice in relation to the MHC internship interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Anyone heard from Matheson/Arthur Cox?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Anyone heard from Matheson/Arthur Cox?

I applied to AC - nothing as of yet. Should be getting something by 5 you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Email from AC just arrived advising that there has been a delay and that they will be contacting everyone tomorrow instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Paraeagle wrote: »
    Email from AC just arrived advising that there has been a delay and that they will be contacting everyone tomorrow instead.

Yup got that too

Paraeagle wrote: »

lol that’s pretty bleak, i’m sure they realised before 2:30pm today that they wouldn’t be able to get them out

They could still come back today to successful candidates. A&L said they’d contact Friday but still issued some interview invites on Thursday

Also does anyone know how many A&L interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Anyone hear anything from Hayes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Can one assume if they haven't heard back from DE by now they haven't gotten through to the second round? Someone posted last Friday evening that they got through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MrAlex123

neon123 wrote: »
    Can one assume if they haven't heard back from DE by now they haven't gotten through to the second round? Someone posted last Friday evening that they got through.

I'd say so. Interviews are on this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MrAlex123

Also does anyone know how many A&L interview?

I'd say ballpark 60-80 judging by the trainee event tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Thanks MrAlex, annoying that they don’t even bother informing people if they have gotten through considering the effort people put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Have people got any invites for interviews yet today?

user115 wrote: »
    Have people got any invites for interviews yet today?

Nothing yet

I got a mccann’s interview but it clashes directly with my Fry one - what would be the best way of approaching that? do they tend to be flexible with interviews? i have no idea about anything to do with the corporate law application process

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

I got a mccann’s interview but it clashes directly with my Fry one - what would be the best way of approaching that? do they tend to be flexible with interviews? i have no idea about anything to do with the corporate law application process

Congrats :D. I would be upfront about it- say you have already committed to an interview on that date/time. They’re under no illusions and know that everyone is applying for multiple firms. It doesn’t reflect badly on you whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

What do people think are the main things they look for when getting an interview? Is it fe1s or high degree or what? I am over half way through fe1s and have a1st for degree and seem to not be having much luck. It's very disheartening, not sure where I am going wrong....

Cox interviews out - any idea what a group interview entails? didn’t know that was a part of the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Congrats on the interview offer!

BTW did the offers come out today and was it by a phonecall?

Coleman101 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from Hayes?

Got an email today requesting FE1 details as in how many sat, passed etc.

Has anyone heard from Matheson?

Has anyone heard from Matheson?

No

They closed two weeks ago and not as much as an email, very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StargirlLaw

Anyone have experience with DE 2nd round interview? Any tips please?

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    Congrats on the interview offer!

BTW did the offers come out today and was it by a phonecall?

Thanks! I got emails from mccanns and cox

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lamacg95

Any word from LK Shields or Beauchamps?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pasterwords123

user115 wrote: »
    What do people think are the main things they look for when getting an interview? Is it fe1s or high degree or what? I am over half way through fe1s and have a1st for degree and seem to not be having much luck. It's very disheartening, not sure where I am going wrong....

I don't think FE1's completions are all that important at the big firms. Most of them take half their trainees from their summer interns, and most of their interns are still in college for instance. What did you for undergrad? What college?

• Advertisement

I heard LKS have interviewed already

Advertisement