Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Oh jesus, I was driving when I seen the notification and nearly lost control of the car. On the 29th I'm setting my phone on loud, if i get a call with (01) prefix I'll be delighted, if i hear an email, then chucking phone out the window.

On that topic, anyone know if Matheson will be one or two rounds this year?

I’m actually guessing it’ll just be one. They were the last to get back and the big 5 have all agreed to respond to candidates on the same day, the 29th. What day is your interview?
    Daly29 wrote: »
    What were A&L following up on if you don't mind me being nosey :-)

Just to say they’ll be in touch with outcome on the 29th!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Ahh thanks! That will save me a minor heart attack if I see one too now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

anyone already interview with Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

I sat my remaining Fe-1s in October but cant say I'm too confident in having passed them all. Is anyone else in the same boat and how are you addressing this in interviews?

Do training contracts tend to be dependent on passing them this sitting or is there such thing as deferring it?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

I sat my remaining Fe-1s in October but cant say I'm too confident in having passed them all. Is anyone else in the same boat and how are you addressing this in interviews?

Do training contracts tend to be dependent on passing them this sitting or is there such thing as deferring it?

A lot of them would be dependent on you having passed the FE1s but bear in mind, most offers will be for a Sept 2020 start, if not later. So you’ll have time to get at least one more sitting in if you’ve failed one or more :)

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat, did 5 in October. I basically say that I'm confident I got them. My guess is that I'll be repeating 2 in March. Hoping to have secured something before/on Friday week when the results are out. Guessing places have different approaches. Pretty important to get them in March so you can start in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

I wouldn't be too worried about that, for Eversheds, they said if you weren't confident that you passed some of the FE1's, they wouldn't have a problem deferring for a year if you give HR a lot of notice.

Bear in mind though, if everyone could just defer their contract for a year, they'd be in a sticky situation. Also, other firms might have a different outlook on this.

Work your ass off to pass them, but don't panic if you need to defer for a year, the general consensus is that they are quite understanding about it.

I wouldn't be too worried about that, for Eversheds, they said if you weren't confident that you passed some of the FE1's, they wouldn't have a problem deferring for a year if you give HR a lot of notice.

Bear in mind though, if everyone could just defer their contract for a year, they'd be in a sticky situation. Also, other firms might have a different outlook on this.

Work your ass off to pass them, but don't panic if you need to defer for a year, the general consensus is that they are quite understanding about it.

A&L have the same approach. There were 13 interns pending the FE1s in March. If they didn't get them they would get a paralegal role for a year. All 13 passed in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 roseyp123

Anyone have any tips on what to prepare current affairs wise for a Matheson interview? V nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

Thanks, that definitely helps calm the nerves somewhat! Keeping the fingers crossed for the 29th
    Paraeagle wrote: »
    A lot of them would be dependent on you having passed the FE1s but bear in mind, most offers will be for a Sept 2020 start, if not later. So you’ll have time to get at least one more sitting in if you’ve failed one or more :)
    Daly29 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, did 5 in October. I basically say that I'm confident I got them. My guess is that I'll be repeating 2 in March. Hoping to have secured something before/on Friday week when the results are out. Guessing places have different approaches. Pretty important to get them in March so you can start in September.

• Advertisement

MHC are calling

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Anyone hear anything from HOMS?

Does anyone know what the starting salary for MHC is (intern and trainee)?

Has anyone had their Hayes interview today?

I did. Very traditional interview. Tell me about yourself. Asked about my experience mainly. Nice people. Receptive to answers even when I didn't think they were great answers. Good luck!

RDJ still taking applications. I don't have my FE1s which is a prerequisite so not going to bother applying I don't think

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LegallyBlonde2

Coleman101 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from HOMS?

Nothing, don't know whether to take it as a sign or if they just haven't contacted people as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Legalmate

Anyone hear from Arthur Cox?

Nothing, don't know whether to take it as a sign or if they just haven't contacted people as of yet

Yeah they will surely get back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

Just had my McCann's interview. Such a lovely experience with two very genuine, nice people - not sure if that's just them being nice or if we vibed, but it was the first interview that met that elusive goal of just feeling like a normal conversation. The whole thing sold me on the firm in a big way.

• Advertisement

Just had my McCann's interview. Such a lovely experience with two very genuine, nice people - not sure if that's just them being nice or if we vibed, but it was the first interview that met that elusive goal of just feeling like a normal conversation. The whole thing sold me on the firm in a big way.

Agreed- the best interview I’ve had so far (not in terms of my own performance but as interview processes go).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 roseyp123

Anyone who has done the Matheson interview - any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawstudent2019

Did anyone hear back either way from DE after the second round interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

roseyp123 wrote: »
    Anyone who has done the Matheson interview - any tips?

Just had mine there, they're super short compared to other interviews I found (they have a fairly strict 25-30 min limit). I wasn't asked anything like 'why corporate law'; 'why matheson', simply because they didn't have time to, cause I spoke quite extensively about my work experience and college experience. Not sure whether that's a negative/makes them think I'm not interested in corporate law, given that I didn't have a chance to tell them why I wanted to work in the commercial sphere. The two interviewers I had were super nice and friendly, made me feel very at ease and like McCann's was a very relaxed dynamic.

Oh, also, I had a current affairs Q organically came up as a result of my NGO work experience - not sure whether they ask one in every interview.

Did anyone hear back either way from DE after the second round interviews?

I got an offer earlier in the week to be accepted by the end of today. I would say they are holding off on sending PFOs to second round interviewees until they have a confirmation of offers accepted. So there’s every chance more offers could be issued next week depending on the uptakes at COB today.

anyone get a Hayes second round invite today so far ?

jus_me wrote: »
    anyone get a Hayes second round invite today so far ?

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 June0131

Anyone who interviewed with RDJ hear anything back yet?

Has anyone heard from Hayes?

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard from Hayes?

Not yet seems nobody has ... maybe it will be Monday?

Advertisement