Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Firm Milkrounds 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

It was high 30s last year.

I suppose high 30s isn't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Not many better starting salaries for graduates. Civil service for example is 32

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pasterwords123

Does anybody know if MHC has just the one round interviews this year? I probably should have inquired about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Does anybody know if MHC has just the one round interviews this year? I probably should have inquired about it.

Yea I think it’s just the one round. On a related topic- does anyone know roughly what proportion of interns receive an offer of a traineeship after the summer internship?

Paraeagle wrote: »
    Yea I think it’s just the one round. On a related topic- does anyone know roughly what proportion of interns receive an offer of a traineeship after the summer internship?

Oh it's extremely high. 80 to 90 percent I think. At least that's what one of their trainees told me.

Oh it's extremely high. 80 to 90 percent I think. At least that's what one of their trainees told me.

Oh that’s way more than I expected! I have a job in a legal dept at the moment and although not exactly the role I’d like, I’m picking up a bit of legal experience and my employer is very decent. The thing about MHC that has been playing on my mind is the thought of giving up a reasonably good job to take a gamble on securing a traineeship, only to find myself without any job at all by the end of the summer :/

Oh that’s way more than I expected! I have a job in a legal dept at the moment and although not exactly the role I’d like, I’m picking up a bit of legal experience and my employer is very decent. The thing about MHC that has been playing on my mind is the thought of giving up a reasonably good job to take a gamble on securing a traineeship, only to find myself without any job at all by the end of the summer :/

I say this not having set a foot in the door yet. I may well botch my interview altogether!

I say this not having set a foot in the door yet. I may well botch my interview altogether!

You'll do grand! The impression I've gotten from talking to trainees is that if you get the internship, the TC is basically yours to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

user115 wrote: »
    I think DE said they would let people know by Friday.

Yeah they said to me we’d know by the end of the week and second round interviews next week

• Advertisement

A&L interviews out

A&L interviews out

Email or call?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Email or call?

Email for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19 roseyp123

A&L interviews out
    Do you think they will send more tomorrow or will tomorrow ones be rejections?

roseyp123 wrote: »
    Do you think they will send more tomorrow or will tomorrow ones be rejections?

It was late in the working day so not impossible they send more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 roseyp123

Seems unlikely but fingers crossed! I really wanted A&L :(

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any experience with the A&L process? The email said we would be given a one-page document in advance of the interview and then questioned on it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daly29

Does anyone have any experience with the A&L process? The email said we would be given a one-page document in advance of the interview and then questioned on it. :confused:

I saw that too. Not exactly putting you at ease! Hopefully they will answer that on Monday at the open day. Please do jump in if you think you know :)

I remember I had this during A&L summer intern interview. It's basically a scenario piece and then the partners ask questions based on what you would do during that situation within the scenario.

I remember I had this during A&L summer intern interview. It's basically a scenario piece and then the partners ask questions based on what you would do during that situation within the scenario.

Thank you! What scenario did they ask you do you rememeber?

Daly29 wrote: »
    Thank you! What scenario did they ask you do you rememeber?

Each group gets a different scenario - I don't think they recycle that. If I recall my one was about a partner who behaved inappropriately towards an employee and a few other things, and my interviewer asked how I would go about dealing with the situation.

• Advertisement

Each group gets a different scenario - I don't think they recycle that. If I recall my one was about a partner who behaved inappropriately towards an employee and a few other things, and my interviewer asked how I would go about dealing with the situation.

That would be a really awkward question, how would you answer that? Would you say you report them to HR or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MrAlex123

Only received an email from A&L this morning - don't lose hope folks!

MrAlex123 wrote: »
    DE second round interviews out. Also only received an email from A&L this morning - don't lose hope folks!

Did DE email or call?

When are Matheson and AC invites for first round out?

When are Matheson and AC invites for first round out?

I was thinking AC would be today. Said they’d contact all by Monday so I figured interview offers today and PFOs Monday. Nothing from either yet though, or DE re second round :(

I applied for AC too and heard nothing. I thought the same. Not sure if I would be what they are looking for so a PFO would be no surprise there.

I was thinking AC would be today. Said they’d contact all by Monday so I figured interview offers today and PFOs Monday. Nothing from either yet though, or DE re second round :(

Me either, getting a bit worried about DE really like them as a firm and thought first round went well. Hate the waiting! Beginning to think I didn't make it to second round now

Me either, getting a bit worried about DE really like them as a firm and thought first round went well. Hate the waiting! Beginning to think I didn't make it to second round now

Likewise :/. Just got a PFO from A&L too so I’m probably one more piece of bad news away from an existential crisis.

Yeah I really liked them too, thought I’d done well and got on with the interviewers as well. Have seen people with similar experiences in different firms get PFO’d though so you never know until you know unfortunately it seems.

You think if we don't hear by 5 today that is it? 😟

• Advertisement

You think if we don't hear by 5 today that is it? 😟

I think so. Monday would be pretty short notice to invite to interview if it’s next week. I had a weeks notice for the first round.

Must be a no so and no from ALG :( you think fe1s are hard part and then this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MrAlex123

They are still ringing - keep the faith!

Just got a second round offer from DE - there’s hope yet folks.

Does anybody know if PFO's have been sent out for MHC?

Just got a second round offer from DE - there’s hope yet folks.

Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Anyone know what the ALG trainee salary is?

44/45 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mrdavieboi23

Does anyone know when the offers from DWF are due to come out?

• Advertisement

Fry’s PFO landed

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭amusicalfrog

(At least some) Fry interviews out

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Does anyone have experience of or advice in relation to the MHC internship interviews?

Anyone heard from Matheson/Arthur Cox?

Anyone heard from Matheson/Arthur Cox?

I applied to AC - nothing as of yet. Should be getting something by 5 you'd think.

Email from AC just arrived advising that there has been a delay and that they will be contacting everyone tomorrow instead.

• Advertisement

Email from AC just arrived advising that there has been a delay and that they will be contacting everyone tomorrow instead.

Yup got that too

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭amusicalfrog

lol that’s pretty bleak, i’m sure they realised before 2:30pm today that they wouldn’t be able to get them out

They could still come back today to successful candidates. A&L said they’d contact Friday but still issued some interview invites on Thursday

Also does anyone know how many A&L interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Anyone hear anything from Hayes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement