Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭listermint

H_Lime wrote: »
    What ya riding lister, that's serious economy, ;)

Vstrom 650. I can only imagine what id be getting if i ..eased off the throttle somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

listermint wrote: »
    Vstrom 650. I can only imagine what id be getting if i ..eased off the throttle somewhat
    Any fuelling exhaust or induction mods done?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

How about a photo.

Any fuelling exhaust or induction mods done?

Not an ounce, She is as original engine wise as when i got her 5 years back. And running now over 79K Miles on it. Absolute beast of a commuter hard to beat it frankly. Id considered a few times switching up but keep coming back to its reliability and economy. And tbh its not a slouch considering its weight.

W7a1FLe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Nicer in that colour than others I've seen.
    That mpg is very keen indeed. That's about what I get out of the Dr and its lighter and not as powerful as that so I'd be happy with it! Loads of lads on the adv rider site swear by em and you wouldn't believe where they take em.
    Ever tempted to do the 4 pot caliper swap on it?

• Advertisement

Nicer in that colour than others I've seen.
    That mpg is very keen indeed. That's about what I get out of the Dr and its lighter and not as powerful as that so I'd be happy with it! Loads of lads on the adv rider site swear by em and you wouldn't believe where they take em.
    Ever tempted to do the 4 pot caliper swap on it?

The braking is i agree rather 'sh*te' Hadnt really thought of a swap, just always put decent disks in.

I suppose a swap would be ideal, just have to find the time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very underated bike tbh, I also like the white compared to the other colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Seems that most, if not all of the Gen 1 V-Strom in Pearl White Mirage are imports, notably the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Lads n girls, I had a f*****g flat when I went out this morning. On a two week old tyre :mad::mad::mad:

I got a puncture repair kit and fixed it up this eve. What is the consensus re running tyre now? Is it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

listermint wrote: »

Unfortunately my vstrom 650 is not that good when it comes to consumption.

Aroun 8lt/100km

I dont know what the hell is going on... I read that maybe air filter is the issue for high consumption and i dont remember if i have it ever changed

So pissed off with the weekly visit to the petrol station

Doing 50km round trip on a daily basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

in2dark wrote: »

Aroun 8lt/100km

I dont know what the hell is going on... I read that maybe air filter is the issue for high consumption and i dont remember if i have it ever changed

:eek:

in2dark wrote: »

Aroun 8lt/100km

That's in a word ****e for this bike it shouldn't really be getting that ever . Even at speed.

When was it serviced last ?

Have you changed the plugs ?

Have you checked under the tank for leaks or runs on the fuel feed to the engine?

Air filter is probably caked in dirt if you don't know it's been done get that changed too.

I'd get a full service done and have all above checked. Does it run a bit rough if yes then I'd urge a valve adjustment.

Mine was running a bit of a pig last year so I adjusted the valves. Exhaust side was out a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Lads any advice on the best cure for sticking pads on a DL650 V-Strom? It’s the front left side, the right front and rear calipers are fine. Annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lads any advice on the best cure for sticking pads on a DL650 V-Strom? It’s the front left side, the right front and rear calipers are fine. Annoying to say the least.

Clean would be first port of call.
    Service kit then. ;)

blade1 wrote: »
    Clean would be first port of call.
    Service kit then. ;)

She’s serviced bar the pads :pac:

Thank you, i'll have to buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Walking into work this morning in full gear carrying my helmet and some dude on a bike beeped at me to get my attention so he could wave.

Brightened up my day anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Walking into work this morning in full gear carrying my helmet and some dude on a bike beeped at me to get my attention so he could wave.

Brightened up my day anyway!

Most bikers are like bus drivers, they wave at their fellow biker/bus driver unlike the ignorant pr1cks in my industry!

Considering these for my blade, opinions?

https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/dunlop-sportmax-gpr300-69658-p.asp

• Advertisement

Anyone getting some bike bits for Christmas?
    If so what ya getting?

I just treated myself to these

Screenshot-20191224-181206-01.jpg

Screenshot-20191223-164514-01.jpg

Anyone getting some bike bits for Christmas?
    If so what ya getting?

I just treated myself to these

Very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I got a cruiser lift , great for cleaning the wheels on the Harley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

D3V!L wrote: »
    I got a cruiser lift , great for cleaning the wheels on the Harley

I thought you sold 'em before they got dirty, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I thought you sold 'em before they got dirty, no?

No that's tires. I replace the bike when they wear out.

@Listermint or any other V-Strom owners, can someone tell me is this tank bagster fitted correctly to the area in question? I’m not 100% sure as I had to remove a plastic panel and now it won’t go back on. TIA

@Listermint or any other V-Strom owners, can someone tell me is this tank bagster fitted correctly to the area in question? I’m not 100% sure as I had to remove a plastic panel and now it won’t go back on. TIA

Is it new and did you heat it up first?

You have to take those screws out.

Then out the plastic panel on

Then put the screws in.

Although it won't fit there with those plastic thingys on the bag. Left and right I see black plastic things. They will prevent the cover going on.

Is it oem ? You sure it's for the LO wee model ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replied guys. It isn't OEM, nor did i heat it up, it does however fit into place perfectly except in that one place which i suspect is my own error, there are indeed black plastic clips there, they act as locking clips, i think when i took off the plastic cover i should have removed the metal bar and then put the bag on. She's definitely for that bike, i made sure of it. To add insult to injury i've rounded one of those fcuking screws :mad:

Advertisement