Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

listermint wrote: »
    What does be think Nail it means....

No idea :rolleyes: there was a heated discussion about how what I did was very dangerous and could have caused a serious accident. Thankfully it didn't and we talked it out. There was plenty of people around including my wife who heard him say it.

They really shouldn't be putting live bikes in a show. On the BMW stand I managed to trip the SOS function and the bike called the emergency services. BMW lads were also none too impressed. I was on a roll that day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

D3V!L wrote: »
    No idea :rolleyes: there was a heated discussion about how what I did was very dangerous and could have caused a serious accident. Thankfully it didn't and we talked it out. There was plenty of people around including my wife who heard him say it.

They really shouldn't be putting live bikes in a show. On the BMW stand I managed to trip the SOS function and the bike called the emergency services. BMW lads were also none too impressed. I was on a roll that day :D

Sounds like an episode of Get Smart or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

..so yer barred then.................:D

I even got to sit on the new Indian Challenger, it was surprisingly well made. Year on year out you can see the new brand improving their quality.

As you can see I quite liked it ....

495672.jpeg

Strangely the power died on it when my wife decided to start beeping the horn. I wonder why :confused:

Strangely the power died on it when my wife decided to start beeping the horn. I wonder why :confused:

FFS!!:pac:
    NEVER COME NEAR MY BIKES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I even got to sit on the new Indian Challenger, it was surprisingly well made. Year on year out you can see the new brand improving their quality.

I wonder if it's because they had the tunes blaring from it. One thing I remember from the shows was the incredible sound from the Indian radios.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

495672.jpeg

Looks like someone is a closet HarleySexual....................:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Any link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Shudder... Lads, I'm thinking of dropping down from the GS (which I absolutely LOVE) to a Vespa GTS 300!.

I had a Vesta PX200E for ten years and loved it, I'm simply nothing putting up the mileage I used to do to justify the expense of running my GS (have I mentioned how much I love the GS?).

The GTS 300 seems like a cracking little scooter, anyone any experience?.

But dammit I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my camhead GS

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

That's some change of direction!

Usually you'd have lads switching up to the GS rather than the other way.

Maybe keep the GS and get something else like the one you mentioned as the daily driver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Since when have GS s put up mileage.

Most of them stay in sheds polished

Since when have GS s put up mileage.

Most of them stay in sheds polished

Mine has close to 100 thousand Km up on her.

Mine has close to 100 thousand Km up on her.

It was a GS joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mecanno37

Shudder... Lads, I'm thinking of dropping down from the GS (which I absolutely LOVE) to a Vespa GTS 300!.

I had a Vesta PX200E for ten years and loved it, I'm simply nothing putting up the mileage I used to do to justify the expense of running my GS (have I mentioned how much I love the GS?).

I recently traded my gs in for a Royal Enfield Himalayan, 1200cc down to 410cc, have to say I think it is a great wee bike for the price and probably more realistic for my needs.

The GS /A are amazing bikes ! I've had two already and would probably get a third at some stage. They are completely sterile in their precision though which is the reason I sold mine to get a nice unreliable HD.

The only thing letting them down in Ireland is the dealer network as they are all franchises and not accountable to the motor company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

From commanding the road to being run off the road, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Mak I just dont see you on a scooter and if you did buy one it probably wont last long before you will want to change again. I agree that if your not putting in the miles the GS is over kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Pinlock lads. I ruined my last pinlock insert from over adjusting. I bought a new one which didnt come with the adjusting pins. So I ordered generic ones and they have caused cracks in the visor. SOOOOOOO I have ordered a replacement visor (Shoei Qwest). Will the new visor come with the adjusting pins?

On a side note im sick of the Shoei Qwest tab that locks the visor down. Im guessing I have the helmet near 3 years now and 4 times now that tab has broken. Its around 25 euro to replace the base plate to fix the issue... My next helmet wont be a Qwest.

Pinlock lads. I ruined my last pinlock insert from over adjusting. I bought a new one which didnt come with the adjusting pins. So I ordered generic ones and they have caused cracks in the visor. SOOOOOOO I have ordered a replacement visor (Shoei Qwest). Will the new visor come with the adjusting pins?

On a side note im sick of the Shoei Qwest tab that locks the visor down. Im guessing I have the helmet near 3 years now and 4 times now that tab has broken. Its around 25 euro to replace the base plate to fix the issue... My next helmet wont be a Qwest.

Can't speak for shoei RT,but I assume they would.
    Arai do anyway

Have a qwest.

Replaced visor after scratching mine

Yes it comes with pinlock.

No I've never had problems with the tabs. Would buy again. Very quiet helmet and light enough for long wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Maybe some lube on the mechanism. Silicon if you don't have original little bottle.

What's a good route from the M50 to Dublin port avoiding the port tunnel. (Happy to pay the €3 toll if I'm early enough) Early afternoon, panniers will hinder filtering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What's a good route from the M50 to Dublin port avoiding the port tunnel. (Happy to pay the €3 toll if I'm early enough) Early afternoon, panniers will hinder filtering.
    Take the N4, then straight down the Liffey?

Not your ornery onager

Continue onto the N32 towards the Malahide Road, then take a right onto the Malahide road at the Hilton Hotel/Clarehall shopping center and its more or less a straight ride to the port (follow the signs).

Taking the tunnel only saves you literally a few minutes and really not worth it.

Don't take the N4 down onto the Liffey unless you want to be in a world of hurt with traffic, traffic restrictions, bottlenecks etc. That would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've been in the Mont Blanc tunnel on a bike (this was before the lethal fire), always thought doing the port tunnel would be one to tick off the list but haven't got round to it.

There are tunnels in Norway with underground junctions and roundabouts!

https://youtu.be/87K7gX9rVIE?t=31

Life ain't always empty.

Continue onto the N32 towards the Malahide Road, then take a right onto the Malahide road at the Hilton Hotel/Clarehall shopping center and its more or less a straight ride to the port (follow the signs).

Taking the tunnel only saves you literally a few minutes and really not worth it.

Don't take the N4 down onto the Liffey unless you want to be in a world of hurt with traffic, traffic restrictions, bottlenecks etc. That would be a nightmare.

I didn't think of going beyond the M50/tunnel exit. Too focused on reducing the distance and looking at N2 or N3. Thanks.
    Maybe following the Liffey best left for early sunny Sunday morning.

I've been in the Mont Blanc tunnel on a bike (this was before the lethal fire), always thought doing the port tunnel would be one to tick off the list but haven't got round to it.

There are tunnels in Norway with underground junctions and roundabouts!

https://youtu.be/87K7gX9rVIE?t=31

If you (or anyone else here) are thinking of riding the Dublin Port Tunnel just bear in mind that it has average speed camera's fitted, although I'm not sure if they'll catch motorbikes but its hardly worth taking the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

If you (or anyone else here) are thinking of riding the Dublin Port Tunnel just bear in mind that it has average speed camera's fitted, although I'm not sure if they'll catch motorbikes but its hardly worth taking the chance.

And don't forget to keep 3 chevrons apart from the vehicle in front!

Been tracking my fuel purchases V distance travelled for he last few weeks. Have up to reasonable accuracy >2000 km .

Im getting 4.97 l/100km or 56.83 in old money.

Very pleased with that considering shes not driven like a shrinking violet (so to speak....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Been tracking my fuel purchases V distance travelled for he last few weeks. Have up to reasonable accuracy >2000 km .

Im getting 4.97 l/100km or 56.83 in old money.

Very pleased with that considering shes not driven like a shrinking violet (so to speak....)

What ya riding lister, that's serious economy, ;)

Advertisement