Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Honda Fuel taps go bad quite often, the cause on non-vacuum operated ones is the rubber 4 hole gasket, I have drilled out the rivets and used small machine screws to refix, and just flipped the rubber gasket over so its not positioned on the flattened area any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

She's in the hands of a highly recommended mechanic who was an ex professional racer so if anyone has the know how to set up a bike this guy does. Did you not go down the line of full carb replacement or was it too costly?

I sold the bike to someone who knew about the issue and fixed it. I should have bought it back... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Found in Tower Cork City

126-A432-E-DC21-4183-AE49-8-A0-AF5-BA1004.jpg

Stolen last night in Gurranabraher not far from a Garda station

B2526-EF5-3-F29-4-E24-91-ED-A9-CEEBB4-ED8-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭H_Lime

I sold the bike to someone who knew about the issue and fixed it. I should have bought it back... :D

Did you get a go post fix?
    Always mind blowing to ride a bike pre nd post correct jetting, such a diff!

• Advertisement

Stolen last night in Gurranabraher not far from a Garda station

B2526-EF5-3-F29-4-E24-91-ED-A9-CEEBB4-ED8-F.jpg

Ah fcuk it, that's a bad buzz right there for some poor fella. Really like them too.
    Was it the Farranree joyrider lot?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Ah fcuk it, that's a bad buzz right there for some poor fella. Really like them too.
    Was it the Farranree joyrider lot?

I have no idea if I’m honest. Seen in Victoria Cross at 10.40 last night, could have gone out the straight road to tower via the anglers test. The Farranree joyriders have had their names and addresses published in recent months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Did you get a go post fix?
    Always mind blowing to ride a bike pre nd post correct jetting, such a diff!

Yeah - the new owner spent ages getting the carbs right and fitted a new rear shock. The bike was transformed and ran as smooth as a v12! Oh well, you can't keep them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://interestingengineering.com/worlds-smartest-electric-motorcycle-wins-best-in-innovation-award-at-ces-2020

Another new electric bike, this one is local to me here in Vancouver. Nice looking thing and has adjustable ergonomics. Range and performance looks decent (if true).

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://interestingengineering.com/worlds-smartest-electric-motorcycle-wins-best-in-innovation-award-at-ces-2020

Another new electric bike, this one is local to me here in Vancouver. Nice looking thing and has adjustable ergonomics. Range and performance looks decent (if true).

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
    Looks sweet but mates would say are you comin out to play on yer maaat daaaamon lol.

• Advertisement

Looks sweet but mates would say are you comin out to play on yer maaat daaaamon lol.

You can switch the joke on them when you smoke them off the line with the torque.

Gintonious wrote: »
    You can switch the joke on them when you smoke them off the line with the torque.

This is painfully the case I see but I'd parry with "don't forget yer long extension lead" 😊

This is painfully the case I see but I'd parry with "don't forget yer long extension lead" 😊

Expect to hear that even when EV's have a 1,000km range.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

$25k USD to $39k USD sounds pricey. I think one of the big things holding them back apart from range is weight, the Damon is quoted at 200kg with a 21.5kwh battery.
    My issue is dropping that kind of money on a bike that is delivered from the manufacturer direct, who handles service/warranty work?
    One thing dropping that money on a BMW/Ducati/HD with an albeit limited dealer network but at least these are known entities and have parts backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Holy **** boys!! look at this from Sky News

https://news.sky.com/story/dashcam-footage-captures-motorcyclist-catapulted-through-air-after-horror-collision-11905785

Car hits the bike head on at 70mph. Miraciously he didn't die, he had one of them air bag vest things on as well.

Car driver was jailed for 16 months and lost the license for only 3 years...

Guy on the gixer did all he could, rolling stoppie and all. Just a shame he couldn't go to the side.

Sent to me on Facebook, Northside of Cork city again, not a million miles from where the last bike was stolen.The same garda station is responsible for both areas.

https://www.facebook.com/megan.butler.9081/posts/10221537103966086

A big dog is required these day.
    Awful carry on.

A big dog is required these day.
    Awful carry on.

As well as a tracker. Think i'll need to invest in a rottweiler, mind you the dog i have at the moment makes noise if anyone passes the front of the house regardless if they are neighbours, but still need a good pooch who is a visible deterrent. My own back yard was tried last week and a neighbours dog robbed. I'm on the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Holy **** boys!! look at this from Sky News

https://news.sky.com/story/dashcam-footage-captures-motorcyclist-catapulted-through-air-after-horror-collision-11905785

Car hits the bike head on at 70mph. Miraciously he didn't die, he had one of them air bag vest things on as well.

Car driver was jailed for 16 months and lost the license for only 3 years...

Looks to me like the car driver was racing in a convoy. Dash cams front and rear and the dashcam on the vehicle behind him too.

Unbelievably lucky not to kill someone. Imagine another car around that bend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

There's a documentary about what superbike riders do on Netflix called Speed Is My Need. Very good insight into the sport and the mentality of these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Mrs was gone for a bit this morning so I took the hose through the house to give the bike a decent wash.

It just dried there and I seem to have missed more than I normally do with the ****in bucket!

I also melted my ACF-50 applicator bottle.

Productive Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Mrs was gone for a bit this morning so I took the hose through the house to give the bike a decent wash.

It just dried there and I seem to have missed more than I normally do with the ****in bucket!

I also melted my ACF-50 applicator bottle.

Productive Sunday.

Was the missus impressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Was the missus impressed?

Didn't notice anything about the bike and didn't see the hose, so went as well as it could have really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Won't be commuting today with winds like those forecast. Not chancing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Won't be commuting today with winds like those forecast. Not chancing it.

Usually I would. Couldn't hear anything inside the house but went out to garage to pull out the bike and the noise of the wind made me turn around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Not sure where you're commuting from but it really wasn't that bad in Kildare/ Dublin at 8:30. I've encountered worse winds on days when there was no warning.

Blowing a gale here in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

zubair wrote: »
    Not sure where you're commuting from but it really wasn't that bad in Kildare/ Dublin at 8:30. I've encountered worse winds on days when there was no warning.

Drogheda to Dublin. I can't say I hear anything bad outside, but it might just be the overwhelming comfort of my bed.

Advertisement