25-11-2020, 16:43   #841
MissShihTzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Hodge View Post
Any way of knowing if a particular item is fulfilled from Ireland or elsewhere?

There are no fulfillment centres in Ireland yet. Most orders are fulfilled from the UK. Does it matter so much?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-11-2020, 17:11   #842
Gru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC92Ian View Post
A lot of people make a big deal out of everything with Amazon on here, just order them if you need them so much. There is a pandemic and people here are moaning about delays and items out of stock. Get a grip.
this whole thread is about Amazon issues with deliveries to Ireland that do not affect uk customers, i had an issue with an Amazon delivery to Ireland?!?

and it isn't out of stock, it will ship to an Address Pal or uk based address but not a ROI address for no apparent logical reason other than the ridiculous one i was given.
25-11-2020, 17:13   #843
Samuel T. Cogley

Thought they'd opened a place in Rathcoole recently.

The recent increase in functionality like knowing when the delivery is near is brilliant IMHO.
Thanks from:
25-11-2020, 18:20   #844
MissShihTzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
Thought they'd opened a place in Rathcoole recently.

The recent increase in functionality like knowing when the delivery is near is brilliant IMHO.

It's under construction. It's not built nor functional yet.
25-11-2020, 19:18   #845
Hurrache

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShihTzu View Post
It's under construction. It's not built nor functional yet.
They're fulfilling and distributing orders from it already.
Advertisement
25-11-2020, 19:30   #846
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrache View Post
They're fulfilling and distributing orders from it already.
distributing orders from there certainly but I'm not sure they are fulfilling from there i.e. they actually hold stock there.
25-11-2020, 19:34   #847
Hurrache

I think they are now as you can get next day delivery of Amazon products, a pretty recent update. And a poster mentioned they were told something about not keeping a certain item in stock as the demand is not big enough, can't remember the details.
Thanks from:
25-11-2020, 21:12   #848
MissShihTzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
distributing orders from there certainly but I'm not sure they are fulfilling from there i.e. they actually hold stock there.

They are not at the moment.
25-11-2020, 21:27   #849
Jim_Hodge

Quote:
There are no fulfillment centres in Ireland yet. Most orders are fulfilled from the UK. Does it matter so much?
Then a. Where are orders delivered next day by Amazon drivers coming from and b. why was a poster told an item was not available from their Irish centre????

It would matter if I thought I'd get an item quickly from their Irish centre as opposed to a delay from the UK.
Advertisement
25-11-2020, 21:29   #850
Hurrache

Quote:
They are not at the moment.
But it's already been said they are.
25-11-2020, 23:47   #851
Caranica

My tracking for order received today and delivered by Amazon

Monday
Ordered
Shipped

Tuesday
3.56am arrive Amazon St Helens
5.32am depart

Wednesday
1.51am arrive Amazon delivery station Dublin
7.56am out for delivery
8.54am delivered

That's with prime. My earliest ever Amazon delivery, usually come sometime between 12 and 7pm.

Dublin is a delivery station, obviously they're sending containers over and sorting and dispatching Dublin and surrounding areas there. Everything I've had delivered by Amazon has come from overseas, primarily Liverpool but also Germany on a couple of things (ordered through UK and no indication it was coming from anywhere other than UK)

Having said that I've also had recent orders delivered by An Post, DPD and UPS Nightline
29-11-2020, 10:43   #852
Gru

Ok Amazon -> Cork update,

ordered a good few books on Nov 25th, one author had a 2 for £7 deal that could only be applied once per transaction so i had to put 6 of his books in 3 orders, 1 large one with other books, 2 small ones with just 2 of his books for the discount.

all ordered together, all dispatched together Nov 26th,

the largest Parcel was just delivered today by An Post, the 2 smaller ones are still in the Dublin Mail Centre, (most likely to be delivered with letter postman tomorrow)...

definite improvement over recent deliveries, but i'm surmising most likely with an influx of black Friday sales/UK lockdown they seem to not have the time to delay dispatch by address or the system can't handle the volume of requests and amazon is just firing them out regardless of Ireland (outside dublin) or not.
29-11-2020, 15:16   #853
deconduo

They are definitely fulfilling directly from Dublin now. Here's an order placed for two items on Friday night. Left one delivered Saturday morning with tracking only in Dublin. Right one delivered today coming over from the UK.

29-11-2020, 15:24   #854
ED E

Quote:
Originally Posted by deconduo View Post
They are definitely fulfilling directly from Dublin now. Here's an order placed for two items on Friday night. Left one delivered Saturday morning with tracking only in Dublin. Right one delivered today coming over from the UK.
Dispatching from Dublin, not fulfilling.

If you check the left ones packaging you'll see where it came from (eg MAN1 is Manchester).
(4) thanks from:
29-11-2020, 20:07   #855
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by deconduo View Post

I doubt the one on the left came from dublin. If it came from dublin why did it take overnight to arrive in dublin?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion