Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

MadQueen is going to interview the man himself, Mike Pondsmith in 1 hour and 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrpqFGqC5U&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Jesus the wait for this game is getting worse and worse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

koUTbm6.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

koUTbm6.jpg
    :D

Ha brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Markitron wrote: »
    I am sure there are at least 6 or 7 people in the world that are happy about this

Well done, you're hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

Need pre order this . Afraid game shops be closed with covid . So will have pre order to deliver to home . Amazon won’t post to Ireland .any other option ?

brady12 wrote: »
    Need pre order this . Afraid game shops be closed with covid . So will have pre order to deliver to home . Amazon won’t post to Ireland .any other option ?

I have it preordered from smyths for 55 quid. It was 60 but 5 off if collected from stores. I've been reading Smyth's will stay open (click and collect only) if we go into full lockdown as it will be deemed essential for Christmas. If it does close, I'm sure it will change to delivery automatically and they will probably honour the price i preordered it for.

Also for Amazon, you can use parcel motel or similar, think it's 3.50 per package where they will give you a northern Ireland address to provide Amazon. Then when they get in up north, they will ship it South to a collection point of your choosing.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have it preordered from smyths for 55 quid. It was 60 but 5 off if collected from stores. I've been reading Smyth's will stay open (click and collect only) if we go into full lockdown as it will be deemed essential for Christmas. If it does close, I'm sure it will change to delivery automatically and they will probably honour the price i preordered it for.

Also for Amazon, you can use parcel motel or similar, think it's 3.50 per package where they will give you a northern Ireland address to provide Amazon. Then when they get in up north, they will ship it South to a collection point of your choosing.

Might go smyths route . Iv stopped using parcel motel they not as reliable as they used be . 0 customer service now

Digital not the way to go?

Ya prob . I just like trading them into cex and to be able get something else with the credit .and still like having the case to look at 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You get a free upgrade on consoles either way so win-win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Showing the tech behind how they lip synced 10 languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not for me. Digital content is almost always just a licence to use something whereas digital content on a physical medium means you own that copy. A while back there was a widow who asked Apple for her late husband's iTunes account contents, but they refused, arguing the licence to use the music was not transferrable and couldn't be inherited or willed.

In Sweden, a woman had hundreds of ebooks she had paid for, remotely deleted from her kindle by Amazon when some perfectly legal and honest irregulartiy in her details triggered their filters and she was labeled a bad actor.

Varik wrote: »
    Showing the tech behind how they lip synced 10 languages.

Was nice to get some more dialogue from the game in this.

Lot's of very small creators would love this for their projects. So here's hoping it stays within reach and improves for them.

A lot of Americans are getting Rockstar energy drink cans with some game art on them. How about cans that resemble cyberparts that you stick to your body?

Gone gold they said, no more delays they said. Delayed again :pac:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1321128432370176002?s=19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LOL.

But really: good news for Demon’s Souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

LOL.

But really: good news for Demon’s Souls!
    This was my first thought exactly! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gives me a month with Valhalla before getting stuck into this, which i don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Getting kinda sick of him this now to be honest. Gives me more time to finish Demons Souls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully they give their staff some time off at Christmas, god help them for the next 6 weeks tho.
    Is this the 4th delay by now. Not sure was April the first release day, then it was delayed to September, then November and now finally??? December.

Kiith wrote: »
    Gives me a month with Valhalla before getting stuck into this, which i don't mind.
    Unfortunately Valhalla is probably going to be a buggy ****-show for the first couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Unfortunately Valhalla is probably going to be a buggy ****-show for the first couple of months

:confused: The Assassins Creed games haven't been like that since Unity.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I just finished "Blood, Sweat, and Pixels" which covers the development of 'The Witcher 3' and it was amazing the level of perfectionism that they put into it. I'm hoping that's the reason for this - it really is in a great shape but they just want it to be that much better again.
    The new release date suits me too..

ERG89 wrote: »
    :confused: The Assassins Creed games haven't been like that since Unity.
    Origins and Odyseey were buggy at launch and now we have people making Valhalla while working from home, not allowed to crunch. They had all kinds of problems including how to do mo-cap remotely (ship improvised kits to actors homes and instruct them via Zoom).

I expect it to be buggy and unpolished. Or delayed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Zero-Cool wrote: »

The excuse is risible and the solution simple - release it on the platforms where it works and delay it on the ones where it doesn't. Stop trying for this simultaneous release nonsense. My son thinks it's most likely the PS5 version that is the problem because Sony are the only one that doesn't use Vucan and uses some proprietary nonsense.

And it's disturbing that a developer misuses the term 'Gold Master' so badly. It doesn't mean what he thinks it does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321141445089206275?s=21

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321142883924279299?s=21

The management at CDPR really need to take a step back after this project and invest in some serious additional project management for the sake of their staff.

Advertisement