Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

What's going on with this?

528480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,911 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I give up. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's corpo plaza, it's a roundabout interchange with a plaza built over and around it.

Causeway Boulevard in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

You mean, like Obama Plaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Varik wrote: »
    It's corpo plaza, it's a roundabout interchange with a plaza built over and around it.

Causeway Boulevard in US.

That's dredfull looking. Better be no missions there. I'd hate running around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Smiles35 wrote: »
    That's dredfull looking. Better be no missions there. I'd hate running around that.

That big building on the left built on top of it is Arasaka tower, the corpo character start is all around there and the rest will probably end up there a few times in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Be really nice if they detailed what enhancements we can expect on PS5/XSX day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Markitron wrote: »
    Be really nice if they detailed what enhancements we can expect on PS5/XSX day one.

I cant say this is certain but I think what we'll get is the Xbox One X & PS4 Pro version on both next gen consoles then in 2021 we will get a next gen update. I hope I am wrong and I'd be happy to be mistaken.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Play on next-gen and receive horse armour (horse DLC sold separately), one basic healing item, and 7.50 NightCity dollars.

• Advertisement

I cant say this is certain but I think what we'll get is the Xbox One X & PS4 Pro version on both next gen consoles then in 2021 we will get a next gen update. I hope I am wrong and I'd be happy to be mistaken.

They have said they would have enhancements ready for the next gen consoles on day 1 before the full next gen versions arrive next year.

I suspect this game will have a VFR that will dip below 1080p even on the Pro/X, easy improvements to be made there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will probably just be the high end pc version with some form of ray tracing enabled, probably reflections and global illimination if I was a betting man.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It will probably just be the high end pc version with some form of ray tracing enabled, probably reflections and global illimination if I was a betting man.

Yea that is what I expect of the PS5 version coming next year, I was referring to the enhanced PS4 version running on PS5 that we are getting at launch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yea that is what I expect of the PS5 version coming next year, I was referring to the enhanced PS4 version running on PS5 that we are getting at launch

I'd say you put the disc into the PS5 and it will download the digital version of the PS5 game. Don't see how it would be anything else. The PS4 version on PS5 though, I imagine it will just be improved framerates. Possibly high quality effects like voxel grids but I'd imagine resolution and framerate will be as far as it goes.

You put the disc in and you download a whole lot it's the norm today anyway.

Guys when I wondered about detailing the PS5 situation, I wasn't referring to the process of how they deliver it, I was referring to the actual improvements we can expect.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The PS4 version on PS5 though, I imagine it will just be improved framerates. Possibly high quality effects like voxel grids but I'd imagine resolution and framerate will be as far as it goes.

Pretty much what I am expecting, if the FR and res are unlocked it should be fairly straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fallout 4 did that and that was a shyte map.

No it didn't, and no it wasn't. The level of verticality in Boston itself is great, and there's distinct environments everywhere else (particularly the Glowing Sea). It's easily the best Fallout map made yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Surprise surprise, the overtime CRUNCH story may have been blown out of all proportion.

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1314553826771382272

Told you so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

J. Marston wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, the overtime CRUNCH story may have been blown out of all proportion.

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1314553826771382272

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1314577749114314753

• Advertisement

What does "going gold" mean

All the bugs were either fixed of closed, and the game is good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

They have a build ready to go to the manufacturers for production of the physical copies.

It used to mean finished but we know there’ll be a patch with additional fixes on day 1. The most important thing it means now is there’ll be no further delays.

I thought it meant something to do with sales figures

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It means the master is created and sent to whoever is duplicating the DVDs.

Means nothing anymore due to the death of dvds and the rise of day 1 patches.

I'd say 99/100 of the people using it don't really know where it's coming from and that includes me, but it's a term that's used together with Alpha and Beta to designate game development milestones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

It just reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/n0pvFulUd98

• Registered Users Posts: 19,911 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

mqd-blank1.jpg

The master disc used to print DVDs/CDROMs uses gold instead of aluminium.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cordell wrote: »
    All the bugs were either fixed of closed, and the game is good to go.

By that definition, no Elder Scrolls games has or ever will go gold. :pac:

• Advertisement

A closed bug is not necessarily a fixed bug:P so it's gold when the producer says it's gold :)

Advertisement