Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1314553826771382272

The crunch narrative was BS. What a shock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just to be abundantly clear, the journalist in the video above has publicly backed the initial reporting on the story:

https://twitter.com/dirtyeffinhippy/status/1314721842997997574?s=21

She has also fairly expressed her dismay at this being turned into a ‘taking sides’ narrative, and also fairly and sharply criticised Schreier for the way he framed her reporting in his follow-up tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,911 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Americans putting a negative spin on something to justify their own existence, jobs and to make a buck. Bl00dy hell, that's unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I duno, I think it's perfectly reasonable to suggest that a publicly traded company, whose highly anticipated game which is due out in less than two months in the pre-holiday launch window, polled all of their employees about whether they should enforce mandatory overtime in order to get the game out in time or else push the release date back and that the majority of those 400+ development team members on the project agreed to it.

Press sneak ****s at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If I was a CDPR employee I'd be all for getting it out for the new console hype and Christmas period. They supposedly get a share of the profits and there's a bigger pie to eat from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

J. Marston wrote: »
    If I was a CDPR employee I'd be all for getting it out for the new console hype and Christmas period. They supposedly get a share of the profits and there's a bigger pie to eat from there.
    If I was an executive at or shareholder in CDPR I'd think the same thing.

I'd also not care what you as an employee thinks and would like to point out it's Saturday, stop posting on an internet forum and get back to work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’ll always be people who are happy to work overtime. They might need the money, have free time, or think they’re easily able to handle it (whether they are is another question, of course). If the option is there and these people want to take it, of course that’s their call and right.

Equally, there’ll be some people who have families or partners, and want to spend time with them. Or just those who are tired and need a break. Or those who don’t believe their job is the most important thing in their life and try to balance it accordingly. Or who have other commitments (sports, family etc...) and don’t want to miss them. It’s these people who are impacted when overtime becomes mandatory.

The Game Informer journalist is 100% right to note CDPR has many employees and likely as many different views on overtime. But if there’s even a few workers who’d rather not work mandatory overtime, then it is a crappy policy to implement.

Oh, and just to be clear, developers should 100% be able to boast and express pride in their work, regardless of the circumstances - if they’re getting abuse for the actions of the corporate body they work for, that’s utterly unacceptable. I’m delighted for Cyberpunk staff who’ll get to see the public reaction to their years of work soon. But to not talk about these working issues and practices is a failure too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Reddit mods will confirm when there's a poster like that, they reached out to him and he couldn't prove it as far as they're concerned.

Only has Jason Schreier verifying that they're who they said they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man it's so easy to spread fake news these days, it's very hard to know what's going on. It does sound plausible and i wouldn't be surprised if they were crunching for over a year. Might be hard for reddit mods to verify as that dev mightn't want anyone to know his ID.

Anyway, looks like Porsche have teamed up with cyberpunk and look to be in the game, probably with a reveal during the nightwire tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Always going to be negative media when a game is expecting to shift huge numbers.

Any chance of a separate thread for all this drama :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Any chance of a separate thread for all this drama :pac:

Not much else to talk about while waiting for release.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Not much else to talk about while waiting for release.:(

Well there is night city Wire episode 4 tomorrow so there should be something to talk about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I don't want to read all the talk of driving mechanics in the game. Porsche news, though. Cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lately it seems there's always some kind of controversy before a big game releases, last of part 2, red dead 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Lately it seems there's always some kind of controversy before a big game releases, last of part 2, red dead 2.

The issue of crunch really blew up in the last 2 years and the biggest games are the biggest offenders.

Journalists need for there to be something to talk about and inventing drama is time proven.

• Advertisement

Crunch is something that, if it happens, intensifies in the weeks and months (sadly years in some cases) before a game launches - precisely why it’s likely to become something they comes to light in the pre-release period.

And of course there’s nothing really ‘interesting’ to talk about the *game* Cyberpunk at the moment other than what are effectively ads. In a month’s time this thread will be talking about the actual game, and really that’s the only conversation about the game as a piece of art / entertainment that’s interesting and substantial. There’s not much to say or discuss about press releases or carefully edited trailers in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Porsche news, though. Cool.
    The Porsche is going to be a 1977 911 Turbo.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The Porsche is going to be a 1977 911 Turbo.

Someone at Project is perhaps a fan of Bron Broen (The Bridge), shown on the BBC, in which the blonde autistic detective lead drives a 1977 Porsche 911S:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/jan/18/the-bridge-porsche-cult-status

There was so much going on in the latest nightwire. It's mad, i still can't make out what game it's going to be like. The driving in the open world looks like a gta game, the combat and movement looks Deus Ex and the customisation just seems vast. I cannot wait to get stuck into this.

Class they got Keanu's Arch motorbikes in this. Definitely gonna go with one of those with and a samurai on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    There was so much going on in the latest nightwire. It's mad, i still can't make out what game it's going to be like.
    Apart from dipping into this thread, I haven't watched any of the nightwire stuff or any official videos so I can know as little as possible about the game, which is good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Apart from dipping into this thread, I haven't watched any of the nightwire stuff or any official videos so I can know as little as possible about the game, which is good for me.

I'm the same and do so with all games. I remember you saying the same in the Red Dead thread back when it was coming up to release.

I find it runs the excitement of the game as it is not new/fresh once you go to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,122 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seeing your gear in cutscenes and menus be damned. Having all that awesome style is so wasted in a FPS. I need to see how cool I look at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just confirmed to have a same day release on Stadia. Up until now they were just saying 2020 release. For anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just confirmed to have a same day release on Stadia. Up until now they were just saying 2020 release. For anyone interested.

I am sure there are at least 6 or 7 people in the world that are happy about this

I am usually like this too, but the nightwire stuff is really just world-building details. There has been almost no storyline stuff in them at all.

Advertisement