Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The management at CDPR really need to take a step back after this project and invest in some serious additional project management for the sake of their staff.
    Nah, fam. It's only an extra six days. That's not crunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow ****ty asking your staff to dedicate their lives to a project to be told "oh we couldn't tell you about the delay due to stock bollox". Whatever about crunch, if i was working on this and getting major updates at the same time as twitter, i would be pissed.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow ****ty asking your staff to dedicate their lives to a project to be told "oh we couldn't tell you about the delay due to stock bollox". Whatever about crunch, if i was working on this and getting major updates at the same time as twitter, i would be pissed.
    Don't they have to go to work everyday anyways? What does it matter to them or is there mention of this being "crunch" time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Can we have proof? I'm not saying he is lying, but are we just to believe him because he's a journalist?

Don't they have to go to work everyday anyways? What does it matter to them or is there mention of this being "crunch" time?
    Yes, they're salaried, they would need to be in work Monday morning even if it shipped as normal. Jason Schreier talking nonsense as usual. I don't know what his issue is with hard work and overtime. If everybody had the working hours of a gaming journalist nothing would get done. You'd have sewage coming out of the ground. I don't think he understands how the world works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm not taking about crunch at all. I'm taking about dedicating yourself to something and finding out about updates the same time as the public. I'd feel like i wasn't being trusted to have that info before the public. No idea about stock regulations but it sounds Bollox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't know what his issue is with hard work and overtime.

Personally I enjoy having downtime, work-life balance, proper sleep, time with my family and friends, and not having to work six to seven day weeks for months on end. But that's just me, being radical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

Argh, I have taken a week off at the end on Nov specifically for this! I guess it’s going to have to be Demons Souls or Miles Morales instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Personally I enjoy having downtime, work-life balance, proper sleep, time with my family and friends, and not having to work six to seven day weeks for months on end. But that's just me, being radical.
    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321140689309175808

I can only assume folk missed this part...

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm not taking about crunch at all. I'm taking about dedicating yourself to something and finding out about updates the same time as the public. I'd feel like i wasn't being trusted to have that info before the public. No idea about stock regulations but it sounds Bollox.
    Surely they are sensitive to leaks? Wouldn't bother me as an employee i have to say.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1321140689309175808

I can only assume folk missed this part...
    This game is bigger than a holywood blockbuster. This is the big time, as big as it gets for the entertainment industry. Of course I have sympathy for them but I don't know what you can do with a project this big. But 100 hour weeks can only be counter productive. I can't imagine there are many quality hours in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

cnocbui wrote: »
    The excuse is risible and the solution simple - release it on the platforms where it works and delay it on the ones where it doesn't. Stop trying for this simultaneous release nonsense. My son thinks it's most likely the PS5 version that is the problem because Sony are the only one that doesn't use Vucan and uses some proprietary nonsense.

And it's disturbing that a developer misuses the term 'Gold Master' so badly. It doesn't mean what he thinks it does.

Yup. Like who gives a crap about it releasing on Stadia the same day. Stop wasting time on it and release that after.

To me, it should go PC, current gen consoles, next gen consoles and then stuff like Stadia in terms of priority.

To me, as well as this stage, I'm uncertain what the game is like that they have to delay this late into it. Certainly makes me pause and I might hold off on buying it day 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This game is bigger than a holywood blockbuster.

It's heading into Waterworld territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Was gonna have this as my first ps5 game. Going to cancel my preorder now and pick it up down the line.

Actually, I feel sorry for the Devs. Not fair on them.

Hopefully they wont be doing a Chris Roberts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It's heading into Waterworld territory.
    "Please deposit forty quarters."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

And it's disturbing that a developer misuses the term 'Gold Master' so badly. It doesn't mean what he thinks it does.

What's wrong with their definition of it? Seems spot on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,911 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Benzino wrote: »
    What's wrong with their definition of it? Seems spot on to me.

Gold master means you have finished - the final retail version of the code has been writen to a master CDROM which will be used by the production plant as the reference source from which all the discs are actually made.

The only remaining step is to phone the bonded courier to pick it up and deliver it to the factory.

It does not mean finished, but we are still working on it.

• Advertisement

Gold master means you have finished - the final retail version of the code has been writen to a master CDROM which will be used by the production plant as the reference source from which all the discs are actually made.

The only remaining step is to phone the bonded courier to pick it up and deliver it to the factory.

It does not mean finished, but we are still working on it.

But that's exactly what's happened, they are no doubt producing the discs now with the gold version. The delay allows them to spend longer on a day one patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I honestly stopped caring about when games come out. I'll pick it up whenever it's ready. I see Jason "objectivity is ebola" Schreier still has a hate boner for CDPR.

I honestly stopped caring about when games come out. I'll pick it up whenever it's ready. I see Jason "objectivity is ebola" Schreier still has a hate boner for CDPR.

Do we know for a fact that what he is posting is incorrect? Cause what he describes isn't really shocking within the industry, so I dunno why people are so quick to dismiss it (well besides the fact people don't want to hear bad things about there favourite game developer).

Suppose the good news is those still waiting for 3080/3090 to play the game.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH, even if Schreier wasn’t perhaps the only reporter with a consistent and reliable track record on labour issues in the gaming industry, I’d well believe CDPR have communication and management issues based on what has emerged over the years about them: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-10-16-cd-projekt-red-responds-to-glassdoor-reviews

Not the only ones to end up in this situation, of course. Naughty Dog, Rockstar... a lot of the big studios that famously demand ‘perfection’ - immense polish and detail - have done so at a cost to staff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm in two minds about the latest delay. On one hand it's good to see them being so proactive and committed to having a polished game on release. On the other hand I'm wondering what sort of serious issues they're encountering necessitating yet another delay so close to release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How many push back this year alone is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

How many push back this year alone is it now?

On number 3 now by my count. I spent way to much time on Reddit. It's horrible at the best of times. I was reading comments such as ''I can be sure now of this release date''. People were working overtime to console each other, coverting days into weeks, they saying ''It really is 3 some weeks to release''.

I was supprised to see CDPR spending money on advertising, such as billboards in Paris. Seemed like a waste of money with all the free talk going around. An application for more advertisment funding will be going forward now to cover the run up to Christmass.

You could do a segement of the use of branded paper as part of a bussiness course. You know those yellow pages they relese official announements on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s so strange to hear of a game delayed after it goes gold. You would think that the game is in an acceptable condition with any day one patching being mostly tidying up.

I wonder does that mean any of the physical copies still have pretty serious issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

McFly85 wrote: »
    It’s so strange to hear of a game delayed after it goes gold. You would think that the game is in an acceptable condition with any day one patching being mostly tidying up.

I wonder does that mean any of the physical copies still have pretty serious issues.

Taking the official 'note' they put out at face value, they mentioned staying at home being an issue. Perhaps they have notes from people regarding bugs instead of more face to face reporting that would happen normally. So it seems more of a mountain than it is.

I need another game to tide me over. Ironicly enough it's GTA5 that I have chosen.

Advertisement