Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'm in work right now and my girlfriend sent me a photo of our front window. Two people sitting on our window ledge having a chat. She is too scared to tell them to move away from our house.

I'm ****ing seething because I'm not there, because I don't tolerate that sh1t.

I'd be telling them to move away.

Oh, I had that years ago. Still enrages me thinking about it. Moved into the house, and there were other houses in the estate being finished. One lunchtime I go into my living room, and there’s 6 builders sitting on my window ledge, eating their lunch. Like, they’d walked into my garden and up the driveway to get there. I wasn’t slow about telling them to feck right off, but the mad thing was that they were all in a huff about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

TA’d that I came across something that TA’d me earlier, and I said to myself “I’m definitely posting about that in the TA thread!”, and now I can’t remember what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Oh, I had that years ago. Still enrages me thinking about it. Moved into the house, and there were other houses in the estate being finished. One lunchtime I go into my living room, and there’s 6 builders sitting on my window ledge, eating their lunch. Like, they’d walked into my garden and up the driveway to get there. I wasn’t slow about telling them to feck right off, but the mad thing was that they were all in a huff about it.

Such pr1cks. I honestly don't understand the mindset behind it. I would never do that. I don't know why anyone would, it's so ****ing cheeky!

And what annoyed me even more is that the lad/lassie and his/her friend were talking to my next door neighbour, who KNEW we lived there as she's said hello numerous times and no doubt has heard my Scottish accent booming out the window on more than one occasion :pac: and she said nothing....So there's no excuse there.

Everything I want to say to people who p1ss me off always comes in hindsight. I'm always too late to do something, or don't think to do/say something until it's too late for any reason. It frustrates me. "I wish I was there or I would've done/said *this*"..... that part of the brain shuts down a lot, though. *sigh*

With that said, here's the photo that she showed me at half 11 in the morning when I still had another 6 hours left in work.

1LJd7tJm.png

Ta'd at threads that feature a lot of youtube clips or large images.

These are some of the main 'culprits:P' in causing my screen to seize/go blank etc.

I like them threads so that's why I click on them - no beef with the content or owt like that.

Not knowing fk all about technology, I don't know if it's an 'update' issue on my laptop, or whatnot, or if it's a symptom of a larger problem with boards.ie in general... :(

Am on the 'default' 'site setting' I think for Boards when it comes to laptops/computers etc.

Also, when 'browsing' on mobile (don't post on it - use it to see if there's any 'new developments' on existing threads/ or some interesting new threads, as it's a lot less awkward than the laptop version) I get many's the error (could be 404s, not sure) message when I try to click on a different page. :confused:

I hope it's ok to post this here - am wary of posting in 'site development' etc ,as I might be asked to link to page or post 'screenshot' - things I haven't a clue about.

TA'd also at not knowing what's a good time of day to post a long TA like this one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ta'd at threads that feature a lot of youtube clips or large images.

These are some of the main 'culprits:P' in causing my screen to seize/go blank etc.

I like them threads so that's why I click on them - no beef with the content or owt like that.

Not knowing fk all about technology, I don't know if it's an 'update' issue on my laptop, or whatnot, or if it's a symptom of a larger problem with boards.ie in general... :(

Am on the 'default' 'site setting' I think for Boards when it comes to laptops/computers etc.

Also, when 'browsing' on mobile (don't post on it - use it to see if there's any 'new developments' on existing threads/ or some interesting new threads, as it's a lot less awkward than the laptop version) I get many's the error (could be 404s, not sure) message when I try to click on a different page. :confused:

I hope it's ok to post this here - am wary of posting in 'site development' etc ,as I might be asked to link to page or post 'screenshot' - things I haven't a clue about.

TA'd also at not knowing what's a good time of day to post a long TA like this one :pac:

Is my image too large? I thought I shrunk it.

Is my image too large? I thought I shrunk it.

:D I don't know GB - I didn't notice.

I was on about other threads; like the beautiful women/ favourite music videos threads that are the cause of the a4mentioned TA - not this one. I wasn't havin' a swipe at this thread, or posts in it, just want that to be clear :pac:

I was merely 'at sea' and was as much wondering if I was alone in my TA as much as having the Ta itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How many people have been knocked down and killed or seriously injured on Coroation Street over the years? It is only a short little cobbled street with 90 degree corners at each end, you would be lucky if you ever got out of second gear on it.

One more, and last Boards TA and last post for a while as well.

Doin me head in this. As well as screen freezing which I've, along with others mentioned,
    there's also the incessant buffering clicking on threads, as well as when clicking on the 'last page'
    it somehow lands on 2nd or 3rd last page. I thanked a post on another thread which seemed to be a page or
    two back from where it should have been.

I'm out :pac::pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This morning I was all excited to see my boyfriend today, then he cancelled (again) and I ended up in A&E with mam. Well that day went well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,814 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I met an old school friend lately. We were discussing TV, etc and Normal People came up in the Conversation. I said I watched it he said he knew the guy in it.
    I was like ‘Where did you met him?’ He replied
    I know him from the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Went to order takeaway last night as I was feeling a bit rough.
    First place: closed
    Second place: closed
    Third place: closed
    Fourth place: closed
    Fifth place: Eddie Rockets, open and taking orders, FINALLY!

Make my order on Just eat, pay, wait for confirmation.......wait........wait..........wait............wait...........Order Cancelled.
    I gave up and made macaroni cheese instead. :mad:

Braindead parents who think it is okay to raise kids on a diet of take-aways, crisps, coke, chocolate and heavily processed oven-ready muck.
    When pulled up on it, they always whinge about how cooking your own food is too expensive. Hogwash! You can prepare tasty, healthy food for a fraction of the price of a takeaway. They know that very well, they are just too lazy to put in the effort and learn how to cook.

Parents of young children should have to attend a course about nutrition and what their kids should be eating. Show them a few simple recipes and basic cookery skills etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,484 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Went to book a day trip for when I'm off later in the month and was asked to select the return date, which I did. I thought it was a bit odd that they'd ask for the return date and not the departure date but was putting it down to the fact that they would both have to be the same.

Got the email confirmation to say that departure is this Saturday :rolleyes:

Not being allowed in to see mam. Like I understand it’s because of covid and everything, but still :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Pharmacies: Please turn off your flashy green cross when closed.

We know where you are. You are an essential service. You don't need to advertise medicine to us.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

xzanti wrote: »

We know where you are. You are an essential service. You don't need to advertise medicine to us.

Thanks.

Pisses me off that. Driving around looking for a pharmacy, see a green cross park and it's fcucking closed??? Wtf . Switch off you light when you close up !¡!!!

Oh and I picked up an Indian takeaway. All the minty after dinner chocolates were not out in their bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Singers adding h where theres none.

Hold me in your [h]arm.

It just really annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

RTÉ “mislabelling” their tv showtimes so that when you record it on the Sky box you only get half of the show.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The word is "though". Though.

Not "tough" or "do". They're both words with a very different meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Braindead parents who think it is okay to raise kids on a diet of take-aways, crisps, coke, chocolate and heavily processed oven-ready muck.
    When pulled up on it, they always whinge about how cooking your own food is too expensive. Hogwash! You can prepare tasty, healthy food for a fraction of the price of a takeaway. They know that very well, they are just too lazy to put in the effort and learn how to cook.

Parents of young children should have to attend a course about nutrition and what their kids should be eating. Show them a few simple recipes and basic cookery skills etc.

People shouldn't be allowed to leave school unless they know how to shop for food, put together some simple meals, operate a washing machine, write their CV and be able to face a job interview.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Also, most annoyingly, the full destop site isn't working at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

New Home wrote: »
    Also, most annoyingly, the full destop site isn't working at all.

Touch site is fine now.

The errors were very TA though.

Touch site is fine now.

The errors were very TA though.

Well.. "fine"... if you mean "fine" as in you click on "view first unread post" and it brings you to the
    first post of the thread, then yes, it's fine.

Funny enough it's the women that are worst. The ones who think they're above cooking for the family. Easier to take them shopping and let Me D's feed them. Though put a cute outfit on the child and they appear the perfect parent .Trust me I have 1st and 2nd hand experience of it and the problems it leaves the kids with diet wise.

xzanti wrote: »

Thanks.

This annoys me! It also wrecks my head with other businesses, too, though.

Starving driving around at night and see a big bright yellow M and think "nice one, something to eat", only to get closer and they're closed. Or the local chipper that does the same.

Or my local Tesco, that are making millions upon millions of pound each year, in profit, and still, STILL, haven't changed the opening hours on their signs! They changed from midnight to 11pm; happened nearly 2 years ago I'd say, and the sign still says midnight. :mad: Now it's closing time at 10pm due to Covid, and they still haven't even put up a temporary sticker on the feckin' sign. :rolleyes:

TA’d at feeling paranoid while I’m home alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People shouldn't be allowed to leave school unless they know how to shop for good, put together some simple meals, operate a washing machine, write their CV and be able to face a job interview.

I remember learning how to wire a plug in primary school. A life skill, but nearly obsolete now.

TA that I am stumbling down memory lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I could see that you were looking uneasy there for awhile.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dubstarr wrote: »
    Singers adding h where theres none.

Hold me in your [h]arm.

It just really annoys me

I will always love Hugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Annoying how much coverage pubs are getting. Will they open won't they open etc.
    There are much more important things that need to open.

The press is really living up to the drunken Paddy stereotype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Annoying how much coverage pubs are getting. Will they open won't they open etc.

Not the press totally Rig, the pubs always had the biggest vested interest group in the country.

What annoys this poster is the bull from people who try to tell you that the ‘food ‘ thing makes no difference, like that clown Hely-Rae.

Countless examples all over the world tell you different.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

To ease your nerves

Caroline Flack.Seriously im sorry she killed herself.But the papers are trying to make her in to a saint.
    Blaming everyone bar her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The way some shops and assistants treat you like you belong in
    Jurassic Park because you are over 35.
    I recently recvd notification to tell me I was due for a free phone upgrade. Nothing wrong with my old phone other than it’s a bit..well, old.
    Anyways..perky, pretty young assistant shouts hello etc, and after some basic
    Enquiries ask for ID. I offer a public Services card with photo, and she kinda smiles sympathetically and says “ah no, you see that’s a public service ID, see where it says Public Service on the card?” . Ok says me, I have my license in the car but it’s pissing rain outside...but I have my phone bill here ( bearing in mind, I haven’t even committed to a purchase yet) will that work in conjunction with the public service ID?
    She snorts “ a phone bill? As ID?....haha oh no!”
    I pointed out that it is sufficient to open a bank account...
    And she stares at me like I’m asking her to come away for weekend in a covid infested mobile home in Ballybunion !
    I asked what do we do if I don’t have a driving license and before i finish the
    Sentence she blurts PASSPORT.
    I then start to ask what if I don’t have a PASSPORT but give up....

I went next door for Grecian 2000, denture cement and some stool softener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I recently recvd notification to tell me I was due for a free phone upgrade. Nothing wrong with my old phone other than it’s a bit..well, old.
    Enquiries ask for ID. I offer a public Services card with photo, and she kinda smiles sympathetically and says “ah no, you see that’s a public service ID, see where it says Public Service on the card?” . Ok says me, I have my license in the car but it’s pissing rain outside...but I have my phone bill here ( bearing in mind, I haven’t even committed to a purchase yet) will that work in conjunction of the public service ID?
    And she stares at me like I’m asking her to come away for weekend in a covid infested mobile home in Ballybunion !

Have only one thing to say................classic.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

So glad it's not just me annoyed by that. People having chemo and everything postponed and all we've heard for the last three months is the media shíteing on about the publicans losing out. Sure they've been turning massive profits for years what's one season. And now they are looking for a compensation package when the country is already crippled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA Linkedin emailing me like ''you're getting noticed, you're making an impact..one person viewed your profile'' and its some fuucker i worked with ten years ago that stank out the canteen with his farts and tuna lunches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA Linkedin emailing me like ''you're getting noticed, you're making an impact..one person viewed your profile'' and its some fuucker i worked with ten years ago that stank out the canteen with his farts and tuna lunches.

TA that I'm now wondering if we used to work together

• Advertisement

Enquiries ask for ID. I offer a public Services card with photo, and she kinda smiles sympathetically and says “ah no, you see that’s a public service ID, see where it says Public Service on the card?” . Ok says me, I have my license in the car but it’s pissing rain outside...but I have my phone bill here ( bearing in mind, I haven’t even committed to a purchase yet) will that work in conjunction of the public service ID?

Hell, the Public Service card is more than enough as a photo ID! What if you have neither a password nor a driving licence? I bet she'd have taken a work ID! That annoys me, too, now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Pallas Green in Limerick still has it's Special Olympics sign up. 17 years now!!!

People shouldn't be allowed to leave school unless they know how to shop for food, put together some simple meals, operate a washing machine, write their CV and be able to face a job interview.
    Spot on Homes. 'Stayin Alive' class they could call it.
    In the long run, far more useful than algebra, Peig Sayers and all the rest of that Sh1te they drilled into us.

Spot on Homes. 'Stayin Alive' class they could call it.
    In the long run, far more useful than algebra, Peig Sayers and all the rest of that Sh1te they drilled into us.

In fairness, to a certain extent that's what your parents/family should do, but since lots of families don't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Pallas Green in Limerick still has it's Special Olympics sign up. 17 years now!!!

What have you got against the Special Olympics? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I know exactly what you mean, this phrase really made me lol. Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Feisar

Spent 15mins searching for masking tape. Couldn't find it, decided to go to the shop. 10 min hunt for car keys. Half way to Woodies I realize I had no mask. Back to the house, got mask, get to the shop and get tape. Only to return and pop into the shed to find masking tape.

Which is the guts of a tenner in Woodies!

First they came for the socialists...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

What have you got against the Special Olympics? :)

Absolutely nothing, was a volunteer at it.
    Just think its hilarious that 17yrs on the sign is there. Think it's the only one I have seen in a long time.

Feisar wrote: »
    Spent 15mins searching for masking tape. Couldn't find it, decided to go to the shop. 10 min hunt for car keys. Half way to Woodies I realize I had no mask. Back to the house, got mask, get to the shop and get tape. Only to return and pop into the shed to find masking tape.

Which is the guts of a tenner in Woodies!

Hilarious, couldn't get masking tape due to having no mask... and no masking tape either! :D

TA'd at meself for not being blunt enough in shops.

If I'm walking around a small supermarket/ corner-shop type shop looking for a product that they may not even stock; like batteries, stationery etc...

Shop assistant: "Are you alright?"

Me: "I was wondering do you have any lightbulbs?"

Sa: "Yes we do. Here they are." - and then proceeds to hand/almost hand it to me as if it's a given that I'm content with the size/brand/price of said product..

Next time I'm in a similar situation I'm gonna tell myself that my response to the assistant's helpfulness is going to be to ask them where said product is, as if it's a given that they do indeed stock it.

I might even get an apology if they don't.

Oh, one more TA (with a health warning built in). Do you know those days when whatever you touch or even go near either falls, spills, crashes, breaks or catches fire? Well. If you're having one of those days you shouldn't operate anything electrical, like egg beaters or electric ovens. And most definitely nothing sharp.
    I just spent the last hour cleaning up the counter, the splashback, the presses and half of the appliances (and myself) because the handle of the jug I was using to make the cake batter slipped out of my hands while I had the mixer on full speed... Who knew it wasn't just something that happened on the telly! Now I just hope that what's left of it won't burn...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement