Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The announcement noted 18 stages this year. Not sure if that's an increase from previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The announcement noted 18 stages this year. Not sure if that's an increase from previous years

From Festable app, I count 15 stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Bodytonic used to have a class section at the Picnic years ago when Pod were running it. Would be cool to see something like that happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

alastair wrote: »
    Return to the greater local foodie vendor focus of the first year. That was shaping up to be a great initiative - but it seemed to fall back last year.

Yeah was disappointed that food area from last year was turned into some just eat yoke or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah was disappointed that food area from last year was turned into some just eat yoke or something.

Bit early for drugs talk....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Absolutely. That whole bit down by the house had great potential. Lots of interesting stuff, interesting vendors, lovely vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

i was one of the people who was there in first year but didn't go last year.
    I think last year they still had no dedicated bus service from Dublin bringing people
    directly into the festival - surely this would go along way to solving their traffic "issues".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Not much for me there in that announcement but neither was there after the first announcements for year one and two, yet by the time it rolled around I had loads of acts I wanted to see and discovered great new music. So fingers crossed that will be the same this year.

Underworld (year 1) and Orbital (year 2) were imo epic. Anything like those announced on Monday anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Not much for me there in that announcement but neither was there after the first announcements for year one and two, yet by the time it rolled around I had loads of acts I wanted to see and discovered great new music. So fingers crossed that will be the same this year.

Underworld (year 1) and Orbital (year 2) were imo epic. Anything like those announced on Monday anyone?

Not really - though Groove Armada live will bring a club vibe to the main stage. They were good back when they played EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I saw Groove Armada at Oxegen in 08 and thought they were class. Far better than Underworld live, who have always left me cold.

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I saw Groove Armada at Oxegen in 08 and thought they were class. Far better than Underworld live, who have always left me cold.

Have seen GA loads of timees during the 2000s. Always an excellent live show. More "organic" than both Underworld and Orbital, but not quite the highs of Basement Jaxx.

8/10 would recommend.

(PS I usually enjoy ALL of the above mentioned live acts)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Awesome. Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Went to see GA at the WHP in Manchester in 2018, it was their first live tour in 7 years and they were magnificent. They are an absolute belter of a festival band. The crowd will love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Saw Groove Armada at the first Witnness in 2000. Just remember being blown away by the brass section in 'At the River'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Did anyone spend anytime at the little caravan in the woods behind the bandstand last year?

Hope that makes a return, some great tunes being played all weekend, had a tree swing and all.

D.Q wrote: »
    Did anyone spend anytime at the little caravan in the woods behind the bandstand last year?

Hope that makes a return, some great tunes being played all weekend, had a tree swing and all.

I vaguely remember wandering through the woods near there and stumbling across a DJ. Was there a load of things dangling down from the trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Saw Groove Armada at the first Witnness in 2000. Just remember being blown away by the brass section in 'At the River'!

Caught them at Beatyard last year in the rain. Amazing time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just so we are clear, anyone who went in year 1 is a proper ATN festival goer, but anyone who went in year 2 is an event junkie who ruined it for the others?

I didn't say everyone so well done on you taking offence and it out of context.

There was most definitely a large cohort there last year who were there to sit around the campsites, listening to sh!ye trance music and badger people as they came and went and do f all else.

There were parts of the campsite that were reminiscent of Oxygen.

That just wasn't there in the first year.

Not were there complete morons letting off flares in the tents.

There was most definitely a different vibe about year 2 than 1. Partially down to piss poor planning, partially the weather, but it was a lot more to do with with some of the attendees, as happens to every festival on these shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weepsie wrote: »
    There were parts of the campsite that were reminiscent of Oxygen.

In what way?

Can't say I noticed any of that last year. Suppose its luck of the draw who your campsite neighbours are but I found it just as relaxed as year 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Weepsie wrote: »
    I didn't say everyone so well done on you taking offence and it out of context.

There was most definitely a large cohort there last year who were there to sit around the campsites, listening to sh!ye trance music and badger people as they came and went and do f all else.

There was most definitely a different vibe about year 2 than 1. Partially down to piss poor planning, partially the weather, but it was a lot more to do with with some of the attendees, as happens to every festival on these shores.

Absolutley agree ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

I vaguely remember wandering through the woods near there and stumbling across a DJ. Was there a load of things dangling down from the trees?

Yes indeed. Spent some great times there.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

D.Q wrote: »

Yup!! Was there for a few hours on the saturday until it got too wet. The bass had me floating that direction. Would love to see it there again.

I loved the randomness of the weird mannequin in the trees. I think that was real anyway xD

Yup!! Was there for a few hours on the saturday until it got too wet. The bass had me floating that direction. Would love to see it there again.

I loved the randomness of the weird mannequin in the trees. I think that was real anyway xD

I remember briefly talking to the woman running it, it was her brother djing. They were absolutely loving it as well. Buzzers, her brother was playing absolute bangers for hours on the Sunday

Stillill42 wrote: »

Absolutely. That whole bit down by the house had great potential. Lots of interesting stuff, interesting vendors, lovely vibe.

Really was. We would have spent a load of time down there during the first year, what with the good food (grilled cheese from Toons Bridge:)), Bandstand and of course it being the main thoroughfare from TF. Was also a great place to come back to later at night when they lit the house up with the funky colours/patterns.

We didn't venture down there once last year.

I found the whole 'just eat' thing to be a bit of an annoyance at times. You'd be waiting patiently for some grub, and then a just eat waiter would barrel in in front of the queue and order 6 burgers.

Couldn't see why folk'd use the service anyway, as by the time the waiter had gone around to all the food stalls on their order and walked back down to the just eat area to serve you the stuff would have been stone cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

Really was. We would have spent a load of time down there during the first year, what with the good food (grilled cheese from Toons Bridge:)), Bandstand and of course it being the main thoroughfare from TF. Was also a great place to come back to later at night when they lit the house up with the funky colours/patterns.

Yeah they had all the tasty places down there the 1st year as well as the Jameson bar , The kettle vodka bar and some other cool cocktail ones. Across the pond right where people entered from the campsite I remember they had a delicious woodfired pizza van but last year it just seemed empty and lacking an atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The lights were class in fairness!

The lights were class in fairness!

In case you wern't there:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

I reckon we'll see Tame Impala announced as a late headliner. New album out that will be touring and they played FF in 2016 (?) so there's definitely a relationship there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are in the US July and August, no chance

Advertisement