Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saw Jarvis last year but left after 45 mins or so. Tunes were good but he is an unconscionable pain in the hole. Just sing the songs and shut the **** up you sanctimonious self righteous dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Are we confident that there's a headliner (or two...) to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I would be confident in saying that there is a headliner to be added

1. Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There is definitively a main headline act missing let's not forget that they added Orbital the week before last year so I am assuming that there is a headliner that is playing in Ireland elsewhere this summer and once that show is done they'll be announced. Fully expect the 2nd announcement to pad things out a bit more and maybe they've an ace or two kept back to give tickets a boost if required later. I'm relatively happy with that to be honest there is plenty there to keep me happy.

2. Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think line up splits among people going anyway and people going dependent on line up. After last year I'm in the line up category so will wait and see rest of line up.

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

There is definitively a main headline act missing let's not forget that they added Orbital the week before last year so I am assuming that there is a headliner that is playing in Ireland elsewhere this summer and once that show is done they'll be announced. Fully expect the 2nd announcement to pad things out a bit more and maybe they've an ace or two kept back to give tickets a boost if required later. I'm relatively happy with that to be honest there is plenty there to keep me happy.

Suede would be amazing. Was convinced they'd be here

5. Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

There is definitively a main headline act missing let's not forget that they added Orbital the week before last year so I am assuming that there is a headliner that is playing in Ireland elsewhere this summer and once that show is done they'll be announced.

With Aiken involved I wouldn't be completely surprised if one of the Iveagh Gardens acts or Galway Big Top acts gets added - Pixies, Caribou, James Blake or Flaming Lips. All seem to be completely free that weekend except Flaming Lips who are in Scotland on the Sunday.
      The logistics of playing Dublin / Galway then back to Ireland 2 weeks later probably doesnt make sense though.

6. Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

The Nal wrote: »
      Saw Jarvis last year but left after 45 mins or so. Tunes were good but he is an unconscionable pain in the hole. Just sing the songs and shut the **** up you sanctimonious self righteous dickhead.

lol - harsh. Seen PULP and himself solo before and don't recall too much chat. He does ham it up it up a bit tho. All part of the act :0

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

lc180 wrote: »
      With Aiken involved I wouldn't be completely surprised if one of the Iveagh Gardens acts or Galway Big Top acts gets added - Pixies, Caribou, James Blake or Flaming Lips. All seem to be completely free that weekend except Flaming Lips who are in Scotland on the Sunday.
      The logistics of playing Dublin / Galway then back to Ireland 2 weeks later probably doesnt make sense though.

I will be surprised if the Frames are not the ones to be added.

8. Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Happy out with first announcement, few decent acts to pull my attention and allow me to explore the grounds.

Set up a playlist with mostly everyone, and will be adding more to it at a later stage
      https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5HqIRKfsvw7NeM2SegomoL?si=E13n1FOYRcOVORdbEYDKlQ&fbclid=IwAR3HiOaOOh_zi6MjtEOWt6jt_jhoqXxvUxdqM8QVRHRRjI_xjxZs0JqtdfY

9. Advertisement
    10. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a good shout, actually.

I was convinced they would have one or two more shows for the 30th anniversary but this might be why they haven't announced anything extra yet.

11. Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Makes way more sense! Good shout

12. Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

lc180 wrote: »
      Makes way more sense! Good shout

Please God, no!

13. Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Who exactly are the headliners at this point bar maybe Groove Armada?

14. Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gandalfio wrote: »

Lauryn Hill is definitely a headliner. Groove Armada probably. Iggy Pop is probably (hopefully) 2nd tier.

15. Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Lauryn Hill is definitely a headliner. Groove Armada probably. Iggy Pop is probably (hopefully) 2nd tier.

Iggy is one of the 4 headliners I'd say, either Saturday before a dance act or Sunday to finish off.

16. Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Good question...:pac:

17. Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Think it's a pretty okay line up to be honest:

King Gizzard
      Iggy Pop
      Lankum
      Shame
      Agnes Obel
      Goldfrapp
      Rufus Wainwright

18. Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pretty decent first shout of acts, will add my pov in a while. :)

fb_img_1582533224845.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

19. Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/blog/2020/2/21/atn20-chapter-three
      ATN blog says:

We have been working hard on our Traffic Management Plan with the invested parties to create a smooth journey to Curraghmore Estate for all our festival-goers and local residents. We’ve taken on board all the feedback from last year’s festival and are committed to making the experience better. A more detailed statement on our traffic plans will follow, but rest assured, we are working extensively behind the scenes to get it right.

I would say they need to get this 100% sorted. If not, this will be the end of this festival.

20. Advertisement
    21. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The press release email breaks it down like this so might give some insight. Looks like Iggy, Lauryn Hill, Mura Masa and Groove Armada for top billing for now.
      Chapter Three

IGGY POP * MS. LAURYN HILL * MURA MASA * GROOVE ARMADA LIVE

* SINEAD O'CONNOR * KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD

* JARVIS COCKER PRESENTS JARV IS... * RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

* GOLDFRAPP * LITTLE DRAGON * DIIV * GIRL BAND * LANKUM

* DJ KOZE * FLOATING POINTS LIVE * MANO LE TOUGH LIVE *

22. Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I highly recommend DIIV, I'm actually heading to Brighton to see them this weekend as they hadn't announced an Irish date.

23. Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd say if they announced they were going back to traffic organisation similar to 2018, they would sell out. A bit of luck with the weather then, and I'd be happy out.

24. Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

blaa85 wrote: »
      I'd say if they announced they were going back to traffic organisation similar to 2018, they would sell out. A bit of luck with the weather then, and I'd be happy out.

what was the traffic organisation in 2018?

25. Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Competent

26. Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

what was the traffic organisation in 2018?

It was a lot smoother anyway, 25 mins from Waterford compared to 7 hours.

27. Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

First year had a capacity of about 10-12k I think? Next year had around 20k. Must have not made any adjustments and just thought it would work out

28. Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Gus Ivey wrote: »
      First year had a capacity of about 10-12k I think? Next year had around 20k. Must have not made any adjustments and just thought it would work out

Think this was exactly what happened. We left last year exactly same time as first year and took exactly same route but very very different experiences.

29. Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think half the problems they had last year stemmed from not opening gates till late morning and forcing too much traffic through carrick. I know at Electric Picnic they try bring traffic in from 3 directions, Dublin, Limerick/Cork and Southeast. They simply tried to funnel too much traffic through too few access points last year. I understand the site is difficult to access so there isn't 1 way to fix this, it's going to take lots of different initiatives.

30. Advertisement
    31. Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

blaa85 wrote: »
      It was a lot smoother anyway, 25 mins from Waterford compared to 7 hours.
      what time was that at?
      we came off the M9 and onto the N25 around 1, and were setting up the tent by 2.

Advertisement