Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Wooderson wrote: »
    Loved the 45 min queue for a coffee at ATN.

Seems like a worthwhile time to reconsider life's priorities... and do something else instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

hibsman wrote: »
    Festival has a lot going for it but certainly a lot of improvements needed. One thing I personally couldnt fault previously was the music. Was quite underwhelmed by the line up announcement today but I'll put on the spotify playlist later and no doubt discover some class artists I would otherwise have never listened to.

2 real finds last year for me where Kiasmos and Tourist, anyone got any tips for where I should be looking for something along the same lines in this line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭whelzer

2 real finds last year for me where Kiasmos and Tourist, anyone got any tips for where I should be looking for something along the same lines in this line up?

Not ATN related but you may be interested... one half of Kiasmos (Janus Rasmussen) is playing Lost Lane in Dublin this Friday. Would love to go but have other stuff on, that I can't get out of:(

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

whelzer wrote: »
    Don't give them the business. TF was absolutely crap last year. Get yourself over to the Us and You campsite.

Not familiar with the 'Us and You' campsite.
    Considering ATN are so big on sustainability I'm surprised they don't have an Eco campsite similar to the one at EP. But I suppose they would say they encourage all campsites to be Eco friendly...
    TF was crap last year.. Tent smelly and then leaked.
    Back to general camping for me this year. Was great first year, don't know what I was thinking last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hmm have you checked out Christian Loffler, Floating Points or Mano le Tough? They would be the closest things announced so far IMO.

• Advertisement

Hmm have you checked out Christian Loffler, Floating Points or Mano le Tough? They would be the closest things announced so far IMO.

Sounds great, I'll give them a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Got an email response from Tangerine Fields re: price hike.

Apparently it's to do with the supply of toilets/showers not being factored into the price for the first 2 years as they didn't know if they could supply them up until closer to the event and then took the hit on the cost themselves!?! Not sure how the 'boutique camping' area would have looked last year had they not supplied toilets!

Also the old sterling/euro rate was brought up as a factor, even though sterling was at its lowest last August and has recovered a bit since then.

They then told me to check other events that they service, and see that the prices are broadly similar. A slight mistake on their part as it turns out they ain't too similar. Many festivals (2000 Trees/Bloodstock/A New Day etc...) are only £70 (€80.83) for the 2 person tent, so €89 cheaper than ATN! Even the 4 day festivals are over €50 cheaper.

I have pointed this out to them, so see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Got an email response from Tangerine Fields re: price hike.

Apparently it's to do with the supply of toilets/showers not being factored into the price for the first 2 years as they didn't know if they could supply them up until closer to the event and then took the hit on the cost themselves!?! Not sure how the 'boutique camping' area would have looked last year had they not supplied toilets!

Also the old sterling/euro rate was brought up as a factor, even though sterling was at its lowest last August and has recovered a bit since then.

They then told me to check other events that they service, and see that the prices are broadly similar. A slight mistake on their part as it turns out they ain't too similar. Many festivals (2000 Trees/Bloodstock/A New Day etc...) are only £70 (€80.83) for the 2 person tent, so €89 cheaper than ATN! Even the 4 day festivals are over €50 cheaper.

I have pointed this out to them, so see where it goes.

Insurance in the Irish market likely a factor in the rip off prices also.
    Doubt ATN themselves would indemnify TF and the other companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

timmyntc wrote: »

Quite possibly!

They've already come back to me (their responses are really prompt to be fair). Varying costs put on them from different festivals (which could include insurance) was the argument this time. Those costs were surely there last year too...so why the €40 price hike?

Anyway, they said they'd understand if I didn't book with them....pretty hard when all your mates already have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

timmyntc wrote: »

Maybe but insurance companies have been taking the piss too. Premiums increasing while payouts decreasing despite spin from industry suggesting otherwise. Dont think price hike would have been issue if it was decent level of service last year. But reports from here sounded fairly bad. Would think it would be in ATNs interest that 3rd party like them dont take the piss either

• Advertisement

Supply and demand unfortunately, they know people will still buy them. I wont after last years experience, would rather sleep in the car to be honest. 'Both sides now' camping area and save the 170 quid I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Boutique prices for Irish festivals are always going to cost more than the UK when it's a UK company providing the service. They would have to pay for the logistics of it all including paying for staff to fly over for the week.
    Still very pricey though, and there was feck all happening within the boutique campsite last year. Hopefully the extra cost will go towards improving facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Boutique prices for Irish festivals are always going to cost more than the UK when it's a UK company providing the service. They would have to pay for the logistics of it all including paying for staff to fly over for the week.
    Still very pricey though, and there was feck all happening within the boutique campsite. Hopefully the extra cost will go towards facilities

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

Supply and demand unfortunately, they know people will still buy them. I wont after last years experience, would rather sleep in the car to be honest. 'Both sides now' camping area and save the 170 quid I reckon.

A few more food options in BSN would be great. Definitely more than one tea/coffee van required.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

rubick wrote: »
    A few more food options in BSN would be great. Definitely more than one tea/coffee van required.

hello@alltogethernow.ie

That should help you :)

rubick wrote: »

They could do with lot more but dunno was there much space for anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Still very pricey though, and there was feck all happening within the boutique campsite last year. Hopefully the extra cost will go towards improving facilities.

Well then maybe there needs to be an Irish boutique company, if there isn't already? I smell a dumb business opportunity.

endainoz wrote: »
    Well then maybe there needs to be an Irish boutique company, if there isn't already? I smell a dumb business opportunity.

Guess its probably worth their while in UK because of all the festivals there. Here you would be fairly limited in camping festivals and competition from other places. Surprised a farmer hasn't rented trailers or caravans on land near festival sites and made a handy few bob though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There's no Beatyard this year, they are missing a trick if they haven't tried to buddy up with the Bodytonic lads for the festival, for food, drink and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't see any reason why they'd involve Bodytonic, they already have POD and Aiken for the music, the drinks sponsors won't want them there, and Bodytonic don't do really their own food, just mostly facilitate a (most average) food market at TBS.

• Advertisement

don't see any reason why they'd involve Bodytonic, they already have POD and Aiken for the music, the drinks sponsors won't want them there, and Bodytonic don't do really their own food, just mostly facilitate a (most average) food market at TBS.

Not talking about bodytonic co promoting but having them there as a presence, maybe a tent, the eatyard. It's another string to the bow. I've been to many bodytonic events over the years, to their pubs etc and I've never walked away thinking what they do is average. I did walk away from ATN last year thinking the food offerings in particular was sub standard. I've not been to Jampark yet however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah bodytonic always organise great events, probably the best promoters in Dublin IMO. Would be nice to see them even do a stage takeover similar to the way AVA do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Get the big blue bus down to ATN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

RE: Bodytonic - they are usually the folks that book Andrew Weatherall to play in Dublin, and he had self-confirmed earlier this month before he passed away. They could have some involvement this year alright.

Not talking about bodytonic co promoting but having them there as a presence, maybe a tent, the eatyard. It's another string to the bow. I've been to many bodytonic events over the years, to their pubs etc and I've never walked away thinking what they do is average. I did walk away from ATN last year thinking the food offerings in particular was sub standard. I've not been to Jampark yet however.
    I meant the Eatyard, which is very average IMO, but Bodytonic just rent out the space, the "street food" places in there are all over priced and worse than their corresponding restaurants I find. ATN would just go directly to those food outlets/restaurants if they wanted them down there, or have open applications for vendors, like they presumably do at present.
    Their pubs are good, but can't see how/why ATN would have them on that basis.
    Just can't see any reason that ATN would want them there as they don't bring anything that POD can't do themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I meant the Eatyard, which is very average IMO, but Bodytonic just rent out the space, the "street food" places in there are all over priced and worse than their corresponding restaurants I find.

The Oh My Goodness stall is sensational - they're vegan nachos are the best I've ever had

The Oh My Goodness stall is sensational - they're vegan nachos are the best I've ever had
    i thought they were fine, but not much in it for 8 quid....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Return to the greater local foodie vendor focus of the first year. That was shaping up to be a great initiative - but it seemed to fall back last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

There's no Beatyard this year, they are missing a trick if they haven't tried to buddy up with the Bodytonic lads for the festival, for food, drink and music.

Is that definite though? I thought they were still hoping dun laoghaire would give them the space. I hope it is as I’m not fussed going back to ATN and it’s just down the road from my house!

• Advertisement

I meant the Eatyard, which is very average IMO, but Bodytonic just rent out the space, the "street food" places in there are all over priced and worse than their corresponding restaurants I find. ATN would just go directly to those food outlets/restaurants if they wanted them down there, or have open applications for vendors, like they presumably do at present.
    Just can't see any reason that ATN would want them there as they don't bring anything that POD can't do themselves.

In relation to the food vendors, Beatyard is usually on the same weekend as ATN therefore would probably have the eatyard food vendors booked for festival, similar with drinks, iirc Beatyard had a very good selection of craft beer and drink vendors. There is an opportunity to leverage this for ATN, one of the complaints I had last year was the limited choice for food, and to some degree craft beer. Not including the fact that a lot of food vendors were stocked out by the Sunday. Getting bodytonic on board could address this. And then of course there is the music, both bodytonic and hidden agenda have strong relationships with a lot of electronic artists so having their own space similar to Ava would be a good addition to the festival. Granted it doesn't need more electronic music but it could supplement an existing stage. I'm nearly sure I seen ATN reference the addition of new stages this year, I think its needed.

Advertisement