Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I had in mind that it was 15,000 capacity in 2018 growing to 20,000 last year...but an extra 5,000 couldn't possible have caused that much chaos (from no traffic at all to something akin to the end of days).

May have been that a lot of people arrived later on the Friday/Saturday AM in 2018, but following the success of the first year everyone decided to travel Friday lunchtime to get the most out of the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

This piece in the Examiner shines a bit of a light on the traffic and site management. Gardaí said promoters "weren't responsive to requests" and Waterford Council raised fears about the site management.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/traffic-chaos-which-blighted-all-together-now-festival-could-have-been-avoided--gardai-969147.html
    AGS stated that on AGS instructions in relation to traffic matters on site had not been followed by the promoter or in certain instances the promoter had confirmed to AGS that instructions were being followed when in fact they weren’t,” the notes stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think half the problems they had last year stemmed from not opening gates till late morning and forcing too much traffic through carrick. I know at Electric Picnic they try bring traffic in from 3 directions, Dublin, Limerick/Cork and Southeast. They simply tried to funnel too much traffic through too few access points last year. I understand the site is difficult to access so there isn't 1 way to fix this, it's going to take lots of different initiatives.
    funneling people through Carrick was definitely a problem. as I said above, we came all the way down the M9 and in from the south, rather than getting off earlier and going through Carrick and coming at the site from the north.
    When we came to the red car park, there were maybe 4 cars in front of us going in. Road was completely dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

what time was that at?
    we came off the M9 and onto the N25 around 1, and were setting up the tent by 2.

I'd say we left at 12, but we decided to follow the route that was provided thinking that would be the smoothest. Lesson learned!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Groove Armada is quite the tumble from underworld and orbital in the kinda classic dance headline slot.

That's personal opinion though I guess, as I find them to be as average as can be.

Lineup won't do anything to deter the event junkies who jumped on last year and kind of spoiled the vibe of it all, but will keep away some who absolutely loved year 1 and had high hopes for year 2.

Lauryn Hill though, depends on her mood. Miseducation ...is still a remarkably brilliant album and she should've been an absolute megastar given some of the complete tosh who've come and gone since and been huge

• Advertisement

funneling people through Carrick was definitely a problem. as I said above, we came all the way down the M9 and in from the south, rather than getting off earlier and going through Carrick and coming at the site from the north.
    When we came to the red car park, there were maybe 4 cars in front of us going in. Road was completely dead.

We came the red route from Cork direction, so would have gone in the same way as you. We just hit it I'd say an hour too late, as we were flying along until around 1km from the entrance, then 2 hours to travel that 1km.

Mates were sitting down to lunch in Waterford as we hit the end of that queue but followed a google maps route (not in the traffic plans) and wound up right opposite the entrance with no traffic and in before us. I was raging because I was given the same route by google maps but decided to be a conscientious festival goer and stick to the approved plan!:P

Worse still, those mates knew people at the front of the Tangerine queue, so just stayed chatting and magically got checked in with them within about 20 mins of arrival....queue was 2 hours for us. We laughed about it later (and then I cried in my tent).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

greenspurs wrote: »

Follow this , you will have NO traffic ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What plenty good electronic music from the line up are you interested in?

Groove Armada, Floating Points, DJ Koze, Honey Dijon, Mano le Tough, Christian Loffler, Mura Masa (although not a huge fan myself)

All decent dance acts to get the ball rolling IMO. Would also like to see Little Dragon, Goldfrapp, Sinead O'Connor, Georgia and a couple of others like DIIV, King Gizzard, Shame and probably more that I will listen to a bit in the coming weeks.

Bit unclear who the headliners are I guess, presumably Lauren Hill, Groove Armada and Iggy Pop. I'm not sure if any bigger acts will be added but hopefully they will get one or two of a similar level at least.

2nd announcement last year had:
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    John Grant
    Moodymann
    Anna Calvi
    Gus Dapperton
    Tourist
    Pussy Riot
    KOKOKO!
    Black Midi
    Rimon
    The Claque
    The Wailers
    Little Green Cars

and Orbital came the week of the festival. A similar type announcement again and I would be happy, but the headliners will be weak enough. They had to cut back on money somewhere I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Groove Armada, Floating Points, DJ Koze, Honey Dijon, Mano le Tough, Christian Loffler, Mura Masa (although not a huge fan myself)

All decent dance acts to get the ball rolling IMO. Would also like to see Little Dragon, Goldfrapp, Sinead O'Connor, Georgia and a couple of others like DIIV, King Gizzard, Shame and probably more that I will listen to a bit in the coming weeks.

Bit unclear who the headliners are I guess, presumably Lauren Hill, Groove Armada and Iggy Pop. I'm not sure if any bigger acts will be added but hopefully they will get one or two of a similar level at least.

2nd announcement last year had:
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    John Grant
    Moodymann
    Anna Calvi
    Gus Dapperton
    Tourist
    Pussy Riot
    KOKOKO!
    Black Midi
    Rimon
    The Claque
    The Wailers
    Little Green Cars

and Orbital came the week of the festival. A similar type announcement again and I would be happy, but the headliners will be weak enough. They had to cut back on money somewhere I suppose.
    Yeah, that was a good second announcement. Something like that would bulk things out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Weepsie wrote: »
    Groove Armada is quite the tumble from underworld and orbital in the kinda classic dance headline slot.
    That's what I thought, too. They're a bit of a nobody else in town booking. Prodigy, Chemical Bros, Orbital, Leftfield, Underworld etc all gave the world at least one classic album - not just dance album.

GA have those tunes that are in car adverts.

You'd bop around to them when your langers, but it'd be rare to meet someone who'd actively count themselves a big fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No Pussy Riot on the poster - was sure they'd be included, since they're about during the summer.

Iggy is a definite headliner - have no doubt in that regard. And Groove Armada are a great festival act - so maybe less of a step down from Underworld and Orbital in that context. Even if they're not on your go-to list of classic albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'd say if they announced they were going back to traffic organisation similar to 2018, they would sell out. A bit of luck with the weather then, and I'd be happy out.

Can only be judged on actions not words though. I think they have said something similar tbf. As others have said if they dont get things right not sure why anyone would give them a third chance so in their own interest to get it right

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Weepsie wrote: »
    Lineup won't do anything to deter the event junkies who jumped on last year and kind of spoiled the vibe of it all, but will keep away some who absolutely loved year 1 and had high hopes for year 2.

Just so we are clear, anyone who went in year 1 is a proper ATN festival goer, but anyone who went in year 2 is an event junkie who ruined it for the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Just so we are clear, anyone who went in year 1 is a proper ATN festival goer, but anyone who went in year 2 is an event junkie who ruined it for the others?

Hat tip. This has been getting on my moobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Yeaa, and those who went to both are nothing but event hoggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Went year 1, thought it was great.
    Last year's line up didn't really appeal to me or my friends, gave it a miss.

After that announcement though - we'd nearly go for King Gizz alone. They skipped Ireland when they toured last year, and they're one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Where do the wasps fit into things?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Were such vibe spoilers maaaann. Nothing to do with all the other issues then, was just us.

just had a quick look at tangerine fields to book my tent, and it appears their service was so amazingly brilliant last year, that they’ve rewarded themselves with a €40 increase on their 2 person tents!!! So we paid €100 in 2018, €130 in 2019 and now €170 in 2020....they really are taking the proverbial.

A strongly worded email to follow I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Le Bruise wrote: »
    just had a quick look at tangerine fields to book my tent, and it appears their service was so amazingly brilliant last year, that they’ve rewarded themselves with a €40 increase on their 2 person tents!!! So we paid €100 in 2018, €130 in 2019 and now €170 in 2020....they really are taking the proverbial.

I guess the demand is there.

And you gave them the extra 30 quid they'd be mad not to chance it again haha

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I guess the demand is there.

And you gave them the extra 30 quid they'd be mad not to chance it again haha

This is very true, still makes the blood boil though!

Have emailed them there now, expressing my annoyance. Will see what they come back with....quite probably sweet f a!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This is very true, still makes the blood boil though!

Have emailed them there now, expressing my annoyance. Will see what they come back with....quite probably sweet f a!![/QUOTE
    Podpads took the absolute piss last year, then bumped their prices again this year. Beyond belief. I sent one of my finest emails in response and got nothing back. We get what we deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭whelzer

Don't give them the business. TF was absolutely crap last year. Get yourself over to the Us and You campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Outrageous that TF have increased prices so much since last year. Damp, dirty tents, tightly packed in together, poor organisation and services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Loved the 45 min queue for a coffee at ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Wooderson wrote: »

Nothing on the Glasto queues I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Nothing on the Glasto queues I tell ya

Beg to differ, Sal.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Festival has a lot going for it but certainly a lot of improvements needed. One thing I personally couldnt fault previously was the music. Was quite underwhelmed by the line up announcement today but I'll put on the spotify playlist later and no doubt discover some class artists I would otherwise have never listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

A little underwhelmed with the latest announcement. No major draws for me apart from maybe Sinead O’Connor just because I’ve never seen her live. I’m surprised not to see King King Company I thought they might be back again. I’ll probably still go because the magic of the first one is enough to draw me back. Didn’t have any real issues last year apart from wasps I’ll be bringing a load or fly swats this year. Might set up a stall lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭whelzer

Wooderson wrote: »

Coffee is it?, very lah di da.

Naaathing wrong with an ice cold can (of redbull?) in the morning :)

Advertisement