Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

521759.jpeg
    Anyone got any easy way/tips to remove the drive wheel from the front of the muck spreader to change the bearing? Also where is good to order replacement bearings from?
    TIA

The key has to come out first.
    As emaherx says if you can push the cog back it should come out easily.
    Plus that gets the cog moving .
    Pullers then with heat if needed.
    I have seen ones that wouldnt come off . Cog gets warped from all the pulling and it just gets cut off then.

Www.bearingboys.co.uk would be a good place to start looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Figerty

9935452 wrote: »
    The key has to come out first.
    As emaherx says if you can push the cog back it should come out easily.
    Plus that gets the cog moving .
    Pullers then with heat if needed.
    I have seen ones that wouldnt come off . Cog gets warped from all the pulling and it just gets cut off then.

Www.bearingboys.co.uk would be a good place to start looking

Would say that key was beaten into place.. not so easy to get it out. Might be looking at a new pulley and key if you can't get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

Micheal H wrote:
    I went the route of putting a pressure vessel in and a high-flow pump for quad sprayers/weed lickers instead of IBC and submersible pump, but same concept really.

What size pressure vessel di you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Figerty wrote: »
    Would say that key was beaten into place.. not so easy to get it out. Might be looking at a new pulley and key if you can't get it out.

The keys are normally tapered slightly.
    The more you push it in , the tihter it becomes.
    Thats the reason you push the cog back off the key to loosen the key.
    But i have seen it where the cog wouldnt come off and had to be replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭emaherx

I've Decided on a Blog name. (But thanks for the Suggestions)

https://farmer-eds-shed.com/

Its a bit rough for the moment.
    I'll add projects including some of my old ones over the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

emaherx wrote: »

I was going to suggest "The Tinker Maher" (inspired from the tinkering thread)

I was going to suggest "The Tinker Maher" (inspired from the tinkering thread)

I actually considered something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

If you are ever selling that adapter for the trima loader let me know!

893bet wrote: »
    If you are ever selling that adapter for the trima loader let me know!

I'll keep that in mind. Won't be this year anyway as I'm almost finished stacking bales.

Well that is what the noise was :(
    50188311498_b83e34dba9_z.jpgIMG_20200804_150152 by Emaherx, on Flickr

50188860476_492a9e2e9d_z.jpgIMG_20200804_150211 by Emaherx, on Flickr

50189111932_bb575c55f9_z.jpgIMG_20200804_150143 by Emaherx, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭Suckler

eh.."a bit rough at the moment".. I actually thought it was spot on, too often there's too much going on web pages and they look cluttered from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Evening all

I have a pen in the open shed half slats half concrete that needs washing down fairly regularly and it's a pain in the hole washing it down with just a hose from the tap because their is not enough pressure. So my question is what's my best option to boost water pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Evening all

I have a pen in the open shed half slats half concrete that needs washing down fairly regularly and it's a pain in the hole washing it down with just a hose from the tap because their is not enough pressure. So my question is what's my best option to boost water pressure?

Well you can increase flow rate, like the washing hose at the mart OR you can increase pressure, by using a pressure washer.
    You increase flow rate by using a larger hose and pre-filling something like an IBC and using a petrol or PTO water pump.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Fair play to you. It looks great. You’ll get followers on TikTok next if it doesn’t get banned.

I love the 205 project. I’ve one in the shed with the intention of getting it done up when it’s officially mine. I won’t do it as I would be too rough. A neighbour is good at them. My dad cut nearly all the turf in west Clare with it.
    I still have to turf cutting buckets.
    I was feeling very nostalgic a few weeks ago and bought a sales brochure for it off eBay. Great drawings on it. I must try get a poster or two made out of it.

522317.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Well you can increase flow rate, like the washing hose at the mart OR you can increase pressure, by using a pressure washer.
    You increase flow rate by using a larger hose and pre-filling something like an IBC and using a petrol or PTO water pump.

Ya was thinking about setting up an ibc tank and pump, but just looking for ideas on pump type and where to get it, have pressure washer but it's hassle having to set up every evening in the middle of winter, just want something I can grab and get job done fast move on to next job. I do see the big red hose reels in some places I wonder what's the story with them?

Ya was thinking about setting up an ibc tank and pump, but just looking for ideas on pump type and where to get it, have pressure washer but it's hassle having to set up every evening in the middle of winter, just want something I can grab and get job done fast move on to next job. I do see the big red hose reels in some places I wonder what's the story with them?

You could go all the way back to your water supply with a larger hose size (say 1") but it depends where your water is coming from. From your own well, then you need a high delivery pump at the source.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

they're fire hoses, we had them in my secondary school...the VP had the valve on them turned off cause there used to be the odd water fight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Evening all

I've been on a few farms in other countries where they wash down the channels and they use the water from the slurry tanks, they claimed that as the solids come to the top in cattle slurry the water is clean enough at the bottom for pumping, they had good slopes on the channels and the pumps were worked on a time switch. They were recycling thousand of gallons of water down those channels........ same water every time
    The only thing that'd limit you then is the Pump you were able to afford and of course a good electricity supply

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Evening all

Buy a 4,500 litre plastic water tank. Pipe the rainwater from the shed roofs into it.
    Plumb up inch or inch and a quarter pipe and a 2.6 kw water pump to the tank and then have your yellow inch pipe to wash down with the nozzle lock head.
    That's the exact set up I have for washing down the parlour.

The big water tank is essential as it won't rain the whole time plus rainwater is better than treated mains for land application from an ecological point of view.

I bought that pump at an auction where it was piped from a water trough to wash concrete in a finishing shed.

Fair play to you. It looks great. You’ll get followers on TikTok next if it doesn’t get banned.

I love the 205 project. I’ve one in the shed with the intention of getting it done up when it’s officially mine. I won’t do it as I would be too rough. A neighbour is good at them. My dad cut nearly all the turf in west Clare with it.
    I still have to turf cutting buckets.
    I was feeling very nostalgic a few weeks ago and bought a sales brochure for it off eBay. Great drawings on it. I must try get a poster or two made out of it.

Thanks very much, I've been meaning to do a blog for ages but was a bit nervous of looking like a nut.

The 205 project has stalled for the past 3 years. In 2017 we had a baby girl and a few months later my Dad fell ill and passed away, so suddenly everything on the farm became my responsibility and not just the toys in the shed. Between family life and trying to sort the farm into a more manegable part time operation some of my bigger projects had to be shelved. But this year has been a real turning point so I hope to start back into it very soon.

• Advertisement

Buy a 4,500 litre plastic water tank. Pipe the rainwater from the shed roofs into it.
    Plumb up inch or inch and a quarter pipe and a 2.6 kw water pump to the tank and then have your yellow inch pipe to wash down with the nozzle lock head.
    That's the exact set up I have for washing down the parlour.

The big water tank is essential as it won't rain the whole time plus rainwater is better than treated mains for land application from an ecological point of view.

I bought that pump at an auction where it was piped from a water trough to wash concrete in a finishing shed.

That sounds like a propper job for the application.

This is the petrol water pump I have here;
    Honda WX10T petrol water pump
    Delivery is 145 Litres per minute with 1" yellow hose. Serious flow in that. I use it to pump water up from a river to fill an IBC and it will fill it in a few minutes.

https://powerequipment.honda.com/pumps/models/wx10

https://robertkee.ie/product/honda-wx10-water-pump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭cjpm

This is the petrol water pump I have here;
    Honda WX10T petrol water pump
    Delivery is 145 Litres per minute with 1" yellow hose. Serious flow in that. I use it to pump water up from a river to fill an IBC and it will fill it in a few minutes.

https://powerequipment.honda.com/pumps/models/wx10

https://robertkee.ie/product/honda-wx10-water-pump

6.89 minutes Patsy. Like a formula 1 pit stop for the IBC. Most lads rig up a ball valve as they take so long to fill. I’d be waiting an hour around here :)

cjpm wrote: »
    6.89 minutes Patsy. Like a formula 1 pit stop for the IBC. Most lads rig up a ball valve as they take so long to fill. I’d be waiting an hour around here :)

It's a little dinger. Only weighs 6.5 kg so no bother carry around. IBC connected to 400lt trough, so plenty water for 20 cattle or so in normal Irish weather.

This is definitly not guntering but, I'm going to share it anyway. :D

Some gates being made for me by a friend of mine.

50205431776_8db0cb30c2_c.jpgIMG_20200808_105738 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

50205710692_f3df327c31_c.jpgIMG_20200808_105038 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

50205710807_96b7334f2e_c.jpgIMG_20200723_190313 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

Does he do all the iron twisting and forming himself?

Does he do all the iron twisting and forming himself?

No, we picked the individual parts from a catalog, I'm sure he could but he put the gates together very quickly this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

This is definitly not guntering but, I'm going to share it anyway. :D

Some gates being made for me by a friend of mine.

r

Fine gates...

They’re hardly to replace the gates that the storm knocked that you posted about a while back?

Would you be worried about them being stolen?

Fine gates...

They’re hardly to replace the gates that the storm knocked that you posted about a while back?

Would you be worried about them being stolen?

No, that's a much smaller entrance going into an old house on an outfarm.

They are going into the main entrance for my house. They are quite heavy so can't see anyone running away with them too quickly and there is a camera pointed at the entrance, so hopefully they'll be left alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

No, we picked the individual parts from a catalog, I'm sure he could but he put the gates together very quickly this way.

Could i ask as to where you purchased the swirls and other bits? I have a few handrails to make and i'll buy in the bits and bobs and put them together myself over the winter, Thanks.

Advertisement