Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

An all ireland price 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I'm having a bet on the usa. Delayed 9.46 @ Tampa, Drillomatic is hovering around the 2/1 mark on the exchange and I think it's a great price. I'm not a big fan of the jockey Daniel Centeno but if he keeps it simple the horse will go very close and hopefully win well. I've had a few bob win on the horse.

The Eider chase at 2.45 Newcastle over 4 miles will be a real slog and there may not be many finishers if the race takes place.

One who will not mind the going or the trip is PETITE POWER an out and out stayer ridden regularly nowdays by a 7 lb claiming amateur Liam Harrison.

The 7 lbs he takes off will be useful and the 11 year old stayer is worth a bet.

Two others worth a few quid are McGowans Pass 3. 55 also at Newcastle and Song For Somone in the 2.25 at Kempton.

Newcastle off.So just one bet today and won't be very active on the punting front for the week as i have to put up with the 19/20 degrees weather in the Algarve.

Few nice ones lined up for today.

1.15 Kempton, Commanche Red, horse is around 2/1 but I'm not liking the horse at all. I'm laying this hard as I can't see it winning. I very much like the second fav Master Tommytucker and at around 5/2 I was very tempted to have a win bet on the horse but I decided to play it safe and just lay Commanche Red.

Some nice racing today, good luck to anyone betting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

1.45 don magnifica 33/1

3.15 Lingfield, Bangkok, around 8/11 and I'm laying the horse I don't think it will win. It's my best bet of the day.

My last bet of the day.

4.37 Fairyhouse, Sizing Pottsie. Around even money or 11/10. I'm laying the horse today. I don't think it will win.

I'm done til tomorrow. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Leighton Aspell's last day as a professional jockey and thinking one of his two mounts will surely "win" nudge nudge wink wink.

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1231247147791679489

The latter of the two has been backed in from 10's to 7/2 in places.

3.10 Naas, Andy Dufresne. Around even money. I don't think the horse will win today. I've been laying it the past while. My best bet of the day. The second fav really should win the race but again I'm playing it safe and just laying Andy Dufresne.

Good luck

• Advertisement

My only other bet of the day.

3.20 Fontwell, Thomas Darby, around 6/4 and another lay bet for me. I don't think the horse will win today.

I'm out.

I've decided to have 1 last bet for 2 reasons. The first reason is, the last 2 bets came in and I'm flush and the second is, the horse is a bigger price than I expected, though it's still quite short.

3.50 Fontwell, Notre Pari. Around 4/6 and might seem short but I have the horse priced up at 1/4 so to me 4/6 is like buying money. I just can't see the horse getting beaten today. I'm still backing the horse to win.

That's it now until tomorrow.

Few nice ones lined up for later even thought only 1 afternoon meeting. Still some nice opportunities, I believe anyway.

I'm having 1 bet on the South African before the UK stuff starts.

In the 10.40 @ Fairview, Marmara Sea is around 4/7 and very short in price but when you look what kind of races it's run in and what it's against today, 4/7 looks value to me. I'm still backing the horse to win.

I'm out til later. Good luck to anyone betting today.

2.05 Southwell, Puchita. I'm not liking the horse at all. It's really inconsistent and I don't think it will be in the first 2. I'm laying 2 places at around 6/4'ish give or take a little.
    The fav Watheer looks pretty solid and should go close enough but for me, just laying Puchita not to be placed.

Zapper cass 3.40 7/2

Embrace The Moment
    10/1
    20:00 Wolverhampton

Mutabaahy
    6/1
    18:30 Wolverhampton

Queen Aya
    5/1
    18:00 Wolverhampton

Street Parade
    10/3
    19:00 Wolverhampton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    2.05 Southwell, Puchita. I'm not liking the horse at all. It's really inconsistent and I don't think it will be in the first 2. I'm laying 2 places at around 6/4'ish give or take a little.
    The fav Watheer looks pretty solid and should go close enough but for me, just laying Puchita not to be placed.

Puchita wins, predictably.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,744 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cape Greco 4.45 Southwell
    9-1

This should go close. Hasn't run for a year though.

One to watch. Should win next time out

Tabaahy ew 6.30 Wol has a good ew chance and Cottonopolis 7.30 wol also ew Pp paying 3 places online.

Visibility @10/3 2.30

My Target @13/2 3.00

Hamish Macbeth @11/2 4.00

Bold Decision @2/1 5.00

Above Board @13/2 4.15

• Advertisement

2.30 Lingfield, Calidus Mirabilis, the horse is around 3/1 but I have it priced up around 15/2. No way should that horse be favourite in a race like that. I'm laying for the win at around 3/1. I'm also laying for 2 places at around 5/4. This horse won't win today I'm fairly sure of it and it's my best bet of the week so far.

3.15 Catterick, Ashutor, quite short at around 4/11. But should get the job done, I backed it to win.

3.30 Lingfield, In demand, around 6/4. Again the horse really should win, won't find a much better opportunity to win in the near future.

I backed both in singles and a double.

That's me til tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

2.30 Lingfield, Calidus Mirabilis, the horse is around 3/1 but I have it priced up around 15/2. No way should that horse be favourite in a race like that. I'm laying for the win at around 3/1. I'm also laying for 2 places at around 5/4. This horse won't win today I'm fairly sure of it and it's my best bet of the week so far.

Finished a poor enough 4th in fairness

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Finished a poor enough 4th in fairness

Yeah I suspected as much. I think the name of the trainer had the price so low.

I'll have one more bet today. 4.45 Catterick, The Composeur, around 15/8 or 7/4. I have it priced up around 4/5 and even thought I hadn't planned it as a main bet, at that price I feel I have to.

That's really is it for the day.

Tomorrow

Mukha Magic 11-1 2.35 Southwell . Short of room, but ran on well last time out to come 3rd . Small field here, and trainer has good record around here
    &
    Mohareb 5-1 3.35 Southwell . I think this one has faced the classier types in its last 3 races, and should find victory in this group.

two singles and a EW double

12.55 Market Rasen, Bbold. I'm not liking the horse at all in todays race. I'm laying for 2 places at around 6/4ish. Its my best bet of the day, I honestly can't see it finishing in the first 2 places.

1.25 Market Rasen, Nanabelle, very short at around 4/9 but looks nailed on. I've been backing the horse to win for the past while. If it jumps around safely I'm sure it will win.

1.40 Musselburgh, Old Jewry, around 9/4. I've also backed this to win.

I've backed both above in singles and a double.

That's me done until later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Think Family Fortunes tonight in the 19:00 @ Kempton (currently 7/1 on the Exchanges) is a decent e/w bet. Has some consistent fast times over C&D in the past couple of years.

The last race the horse won was a Class 4 London Mile Qualifier at Kempton in February last year with a claimer up, and that's just the same again tonight, a Class 4 London Mile Qualifier with a claimer up.

The horse subsequently ran in the London Mile (in September) and placed 5th, so seems that might be their plan again, to go for that race. Not sure though if a horse needs to win or just place to qualify for the London Mile, so maybe a place bet is the way to go. Best price I can see for that is 13/8 with Hills and Lads.

The claimer up is Stefano Cherchi, seems pretty decent for his claim too, he had a double the other night at Kempton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

1.25 Market Rasen, Nanabelle, very short at around 4/9 but looks nailed on. I've been backing the horse to win for the past while. If it jumps around safely I'm sure it will win.

1.40 Musselburgh, Old Jewry, around 9/4. I've also backed this to win.

I've backed both above in singles and a double.

That's me done until later

4/9 unplaced
    13/8 unplaced

Advertisement