Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Sun & Moon rumours and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They could have Pokémon Eclipse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What are some features fans would like in the next game? I would like...

- Mega Marowak please. Failing that, please give Marowak at least one priority move. I have a lot of fun using this guy in trick room teams but once trick room ends he struggles. Even quick attack I'll take. :pac:

- Mega Farfetch'd. Give this thing some usefulness.

- Voice sounds for pokemon. We saw it with Pikachu but I'd like it with all of them. If that's too much work, at least do some of the originals like Charmander, Bulbasaur etc.

- Option of excluding legendaries in 6 vs 6 battles. Also, limit the time to make a decision from 90 seconds to 60 because of time wasters.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It won't happen, but I'd like them to fix some evolution lines. Do we really still need two Nidorans considering how long we've had genders? They will likely never change that, but I wish they would go back and combine them as the one Pokémon just with different sprites and stats depending on gender. Why is Bouffolant not an evolution of Tauros? Why is Alomomola not an evolution of Luvdisc?

More likely to happen and the one I'd be more interested in, IV's being included as numbers on the Pokémon stat screen. Fan made games have managed to include it, surely official games could do it even better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It won't happen, but I'd like them to fix some evolution lines. Do we really still need two Nidorans considering how long we've had genders? They will likely never change that, but I wish they would go back and combine them as the one Pokémon just with different sprites and stats depending on gender. Why is Bouffolant not an evolution of Tauros? Why is Alomomola not an evolution of Luvdisc?

More likely to happen and the one I'd be more interested in, IV's being included as numbers on the Pokémon stat screen. Fan made games have managed to include it, surely official games could do it even better?

I'd settle for Tauros getting head charge. How cool would that animation look?

IV numbers explicitly stated would be fantastic and they're not far off with the guy who judges your pokemon's "potential." Though you're limited with him in that you only get the ballpark figure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I see your point about the IVs. The people that tell you about them in the games, they are a bit vague if you don't actually know what IVs are. As the games have made the competitive side easier to get into with the changes to breeding, seems like it would be a fairly logical change to make there.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I see your point about the IVs. The people that tell you about them in the games, they are a bit vague if you don't actually know what IVs are. As the games have made the competitive side easier to get into with the changes to breeding, seems like it would be a fairly logical change to make there.

Especially since EVs are explicitly listed stats now. All it would take is a breeding app of some kind on whatever pokedevice we get on the touch screen in sun and moon.

Just thought of something small I'd like to see. It's just a cosmetic thing, so I wouldn't be overly upset if it didn't happen, but I'd like if eggs had the design of the pokémon it will hatch in to like they do in the anime.

Angron wrote: »
    Just thought of something small I'd like to see. It's just a cosmetic thing, so I wouldn't be overly upset if it didn't happen, but I'd like if eggs had the design of the pokémon it will hatch in to like they do in the anime.

That would certainly help with the entire box of forgotten eggs I have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Banjo wrote: »
    well they've painted themselves into a corner so to speak with the Sun/Moon thing. There isn't a 3rd distinct celestial entity that dominates our sky

Pokemon Earth maybe?

I have no issue with Tauros and Bouffalant being seperate but Luvdisc not evolving into Alomomola bothers me. Likewise saying Carbink evolves into Diancie when it doesn't in-game.

Good point about combining the Nidorans but that would mess up the National Dex numbering so I dunno.

There are so many little tweaks I'd love them to make I could be here all day.

elekid wrote: »
    Good point about combining the Nidorans but that would mess up the National Dex numbering so I dunno.

Yeah, I don't think the Nidos need to be combined but they definitely need to let Nidoqueen actually breed. I know it means having two "species" come from one but it's so silly that the first gendered pokemon can't even breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

First footage of Sun and Moon next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

What are some features fans would like in the next game?

I'd a like a bit more variation between the two games. Like your rival actually is the protagonist of the other game and your stories intersect or something.

First concrete info about sun and moon in an hour. Masuda's been hyping it up so it should be good.

Wonder what we'll get. Maybe a few pictures of some new pokémon like the starters or early route ones.

Not a big fan of those starters. Might go for for the fire type depending on what the evolved forms look like.

EU gets it on the 23rd, not the 18th. As usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I like the Grass Type owl. I love the lion mascot for Pokemon Sun.

The game is out on November 23rd in Europe. A few days after everywhere else

CiGDtLxWkAEUI0G.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

At least it is out this year, thought we might have to wait until next year.

Not a fan of the water started (mostly the clown nose) but I like the other two, especially the fire one. November seems so far away but it's only six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have to research the differences between the two games before I decide which one to go for (I never buy both versions) but I really like the running around parts that were shown which look gorgeous.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I'm pretty pissed that we are getting it later than the rest of the world for no reason again.

I like the grass and fire starters, like most of the internet I'm not a fan of the water type.

Leaning towards grass but still strongly considering fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JustShon wrote: »
    I like the grass and fire starters, like most of the internet I'm not a fan of the water type.

Leaning towards grass but still strongly considering fire.

The red nose just makes it look dumb & childish.
    The owl is fine but why does it wear a grass bra? :o

ERG89 wrote: »
    The red nose just makes it look dumb & childish.
    The owl is fine but why does it wear a grass bra? :o

I think it's meant to simulate seals balancing a ball on their nose like trained show seals do / used to do so I see what they're aiming for but I still don't like it very much.

I saw the leaves as like a little bow-tie. I think Rowlet's a total cutie but I've always been a sucker for fire types and the black and red design of Litten is really cool.

It won't even be the 23rd, thats a Wednesday, it'll be goddamn Friday, the 25th. Very cross it makes me, there's no reason for a weeks delay.

I can only assume server load? If that's the case why not alternate it between Europe and the US for the later release? No need for Europe to always get the later release. Even only being available on the 3DS store would be a fair compromise.

I've actually warmed to Popplio now but really wish they didn't give him that nose. Everything else is actually pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

I think some people speculated that OR/AS were late as punishment for shops in Europe selling X/Y before the release date, dunno if that was just people putting 2 and 2 together though

New Pokémon teased in CoroCoro trailer

• Advertisement

New Pokémon teased in CoroCoro trailer

Advertisement