Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Same things with all media. Politics, T.V., Film etc. They will leak what they want and spin the rest to suit the narrative the company wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ACH back to MLW, love to see it. Exciting few weeks coming up for the company with this and the Opera Cup, which by all accounts judging from the taping reports was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Walter's passport and his UK title were stolen...

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=132006

• Registered Users Posts: 60,289 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ACH back to MLW, love to see it. Exciting few weeks coming up for the company with this and the Opera Cup, which by all accounts judging from the taping reports was excellent.

And he has quit wrestling completely today.
    I hate pro wrestling.

I hate you ****y fans that think you know it all! More importantly i hate the snakes in this industry.

None of y’all would never say anything about me to me.

All of y’all can go screw yourselves.

I’m canceling my shows AND I’m quitting pro wrestling

https://twitter.com/ACHisSuper/status/1203336792629563398?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Reminds me of Rich Swann a while back.

• Advertisement

Shad Gaspard put him in his place with a great tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Dude is clearly mentally ill and having some kind of breakdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Tito Ortiz just defeated Alberto Del Rio via rear naked choke (in the 1st round) and according to the commentator on the stream I randomly found just won a WWE world championship (Del Rio's old one) but making me laugh points out that he would not be the lineal WWE world champ as thats Brock. Tito apparently recently said that after he won it he wanted to come after Brock & Cain in the WWE (even though those two would probably kill him despite no longer competing in the non scripted sport anymore).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shad Gaspard put him in his place with a great tweet.

The twattersphere however have reacted negatively to Gaspard's comments. What a bunch of soft lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sky88 wrote: »

How wrestling has changed in 20 years. Skip to 3:00 and watch for 10 seconds :pac: (or watch for 25 seconds for the ultimate one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Fair play to Sami. Most people (not just wrestlers) would've just ignored ignored that. Sami is one of the better people in the industry and stupidly under-used.

Thank God we've moved forward 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Only sorry the video isn't longer. What an utter embarrassment that fan is to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

seen as well alister black had something up about fans abusing zelina racially as well

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Future endeavors coming then I wonder when the 30 days are up.

Bobby Robert did grow that tash very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Glorious cough cough

BT plugging WWE on BT during all the Champions Leagues games tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The Fox promotion in the US has already exposed the idea that WWE needs exposure to grow.

People are familiar with it. They're not interested because it's stupid carny bull****, now more than ever. If even ONE person decides to give WWE a try based on all this advertising on BT I will be surprised.

The advertising is very dismissive. Both commentators were more or less taking the piss out of it.

I'm a wrestling fan, I can take the piss out of it but when outsiders do it, that's not cool!

• Advertisement

This is what always happens.

It is ***so*** redundant.

People know what pro wrestling is. Grown men and women are not going to watch it because Steve McManaman or Jake Humphrey make jokes taking the piss out of it.

Reusv calling out Gary Lineker might have a few tuning in to see Gary get a Smackdown.

Marco Reusv?

Madrid fan Resuv calls out ex Barca player Lineker

https://gramho.com/media/2195971308070876978
    NINTCHDBPICT000546729192.jpg?strip=all&w=720

WWE started to file trademerks on all the old WCW/ECW PPV names they haven't used since buying them up.

I guess they weren't impressed with Cody getting there on some them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nxt UK wrestler piper Niven has tweeted that she has Bell's palsy. Fairly ****ty news for a wrestler who is good at what she does and seems like a very nice person. Hopefully it's mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nxt UK wrestler piper Niven has tweeted that she has Bell's palsy. Fairly ****ty news for a wrestler who is good at what she does and seems like a very nice person. Hopefully it's mild.

Hopefully she has a quick and full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Monokne wrote: »
    This is what always happens.

It is ***so*** redundant.

People know what pro wrestling is. Grown men and women are not going to watch it because Steve McManaman or Jake Humphrey make jokes taking the piss out of it.

Steve Mcmanaman and Jake Humphrey are two of the worst on TV they can't be shaming anything

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Seeing Kevin Owens talking about Chris Sutton really hammers home what a missed opportunity WWE on Sky has been. Could have had Scott Steiner on Soccer Saturday

• Advertisement

Advertisement