26-04-2021, 17:25   #31
nudain

Hey OP,

I'd suggest not spending more than a few days or maybe a week chatting before trying to arrange a meetup. That way you won't be too emotionally invested if it happens again. The most honest response I ever had online was along the lines of "Can we just meet up? I don't want to faff about for two weeks and then find out I don't fancy you?"

She didn't:-)

Anyway, best of luck.
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 17:27   #32
YellowLead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyduzzy View Post
She hasn't forgotten to text. Someone else didn't block you on her phone. Guys have a lot of competition in the online dating scene these days, as ones who would never have used it now do due to no bars etc. Guys usually date down on it (in attractiveness) and girls date up as they can afford to. Good looking girls get treated like celebrities on those apps and if guys got the same treatment plenty would be ghosting too with all the options they'd have.

I know it's hard right now but in a few weeks you'll be relieved. If someone showcases this aspect of their personality imagine what other horrible things would surface if you got stuck with her.
Maybe you should go with the average looking girls with interesting personalities rather than bitching that the good looking ones can pick who they like - that’s life.
You see so many smelly dirty boring lazy men complaining that super models arent chasing them, turning their noses down at pretty or average looking!
Thanks from:
26-04-2021, 17:28   #33
forgottenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
It's all in the game.
Many a tear has to fall..

https://youtu.be/5dEvMcsFKFI
Thanks from:
26-04-2021, 17:39   #34
Fuzzyduzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowLead View Post
Maybe you should go with the average looking girls with interesting personalities rather than bitching that the good looking ones can pick who they like - that’s life.
You see so many smelly dirty boring lazy men complaining that super models arent chasing them, turning their noses down at pretty or average looking!
It's a fact that girls can punch above their own weight in online dating a lot more than guys can. That might not fit with your worldly view of equality but it is what it is.
(3) thanks from:
26-04-2021, 17:39   #35
MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
It's all in the game.
this is pretty much it. women have all the power in online dating (but still they're never happy, what's up with that?).

just move on to the next one, you don't want to become one of those bitter jokes overthinking stuff with a women that you don't even know that well.
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 17:44   #36
Ronaldinho

@OP

How intimate did ye get over those 3 dates? Because if you didn't make a move on her that's probably the best explanation.

Sounds like you fell for her. In future, don't put girls up on a pedestal - no good will come of it. Falling for someone elicits the same physiological response as heroin. Which is grand, if it lasts. In a few weeks the stress/thinking about her will pass.

You said ye were texting night and day. Have you nothing better to be doing than texting someone you just met? Job/hobbies etc.
Don't make yourself so available.

Delete her number and don't try to make contact again.
26-04-2021, 17:44   #37
YellowLead

That’s a bit broad to say women have all the power online! It is true if a woman wants something casual she can have her pick online. With little effort - she can have a date with a guy she finds attractive and sleep with him.

When it comes to wanting a relationship from online however - that’s a whole different ball game and in my opinion where if anyone has the advantage it’s men. Because there is a broader pool of women looking for a relationship than there is of men, so men have it easier. There are more men that are looking for hook ups but hiding it than women so women have to navigate through all of that faff if the eye are looking for a relationship.
26-04-2021, 17:46   #38
raclle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
What kind of nonsense is this ? all the power ?

The right to decide not to date anymore surely that everyone's right ?

Men and Women ghost ,
What I meant was men generally have to make the first move. In terms of online dating there's even more pressure to make a first impression. What I'm really trying to say is that its easier for women
26-04-2021, 17:48   #39
Church on Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing106 View Post
Have a few beers on weekend and then start sending messages to see if you can rekindle anything
Do not do this.

Perhaps she figured you weren't interested if you didn't try to become intimate on some level, you don't say in your OP.

If that's not the case, if she has any interest or respect for you OP (trust me, she doesn't) she will reach out to you again, but even if she does, proceed with extreme caution. She simply isn't attracted to you enough (not your problem) but doesn't have the cop on or respect to tell you in person.

What I will say in the future, maybe don't get so invested so early on. Keep your messaging brief and spare otherwise you find out what you can about someone too soon and on the date, you have nothing to talk about or the other person gets bored endlessly messaging. Try set up dates in real life as soon as possible; I find this sorts out the messers from the genuine pretty quick.

Put it down to experience.

Last edited by Church on Tuesday; 26-04-2021 at 17:54.
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 17:51   #40
ShatterProof

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyeah View Post
Get a cat.
he is looking for pussy
26-04-2021, 17:54   #41
YFlyer

Neg her back.
26-04-2021, 17:57   #42
tayto lover

Feel a bit sad for the OP.
Her behaviour was lousy.
26-04-2021, 18:07   #43
Fuzzyduzzy

Quote:
That’s a bit broad to say women have all the power online! It is true if a woman wants something casual she can have her pick online. With little effort - she can have a date with a guy she finds attractive and sleep with him.

When it comes to wanting a relationship from online however - that’s a whole different ball game and in my opinion where if anyone has the advantage it’s men. Because there is a broader pool of women looking for a relationship than there is of men, so men have it easier. There are more men that are looking for hook ups but hiding it than women so women have to navigate through all of that faff if the eye are looking for a relationship.
I can see what you mean but even before online dating women have been able to be the choosers and date upwards. This has been seriously amplified in online dating and a girl gets to feel like a celebrity while the guys (especially average looking guys) are scavengers.

A female friend (attractive but not striking) recently showed me her bumble profile and every single time she said 'no' it said she missed a match and it matched for every time she said 'yes'. She even admitted herself it was ridiculous. Am I jealous of this contrasting dynamic? Of course, but wouldn't we be delighted if the tables were turned and girls who would not usually look twice at us in a bar or nightclub were all over us.
(2) thanks from:
26-04-2021, 18:08   #44
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyduzzy View Post
It's a fact that girls can punch above their own weight in online dating a lot more than guys can. That might not fit with your worldly view of equality but it is what it is.
That's probably true if you're not attractive. I get plenty of messages but very rarely have I any interest in what I receive. I can imagine the whole thing sucks if you don't get any attention.
(2) thanks from:
26-04-2021, 18:09   #45
Surreptitious

Quote:

I think you are right. I have had guys negging me to try and find my weaknesses so they can intimidate me into sex. I didn't fall for it.
It is outlandish to say women can have who they want.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion