Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭b318isp

No, it can only record what is transmitted ..... which is in HD.

My understanding is that it only records in SD, it can't record in HD. But I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

As already stated it records the broadcast which in RTE2's case is HD.

b318isp wrote: »
    My understanding is that it only records in SD, it can't record in HD. But I could be wrong.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How easy (of difficult) is it to get the 'Weather Forecast' option working on the Ariva 120?

MENU> GAME> Weather Forecast> Update/Add . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Am i correcting in saying that this new firmware recently posted on Feruson site (V2.18B6) is for this 120 unit?
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

If i flash, is it then a pain to set up a channel list? I know members have pre loaded channel lists before so i might give it a go myself. Is that what the editor download is for?

Cheers,
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Am i correcting in saying that this new firmware recently posted on Feruson site (V2.18B6) is for this 120 unit?
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

If i flash, is it then a pain to set up a channel list? I know members have pre loaded channel lists before so i might give it a go myself. Is that what the editor download is for?

Cheers,
    John

yes, the page u have linked too clearly says 120

A list is not hard to make but I think tony might have made one a few days ago which is on the other ariva 120 thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I'm getting a blank (black) screen on DTT channels even though the signal strength bars in the bottom left look strong and the epg information (programme name, etc) is populated. Is this a known problem with the Ariva 120? All satellite channels are perfect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I'm getting a blank (black) screen on DTT channels even though the signal strength bars in the bottom left look strong and the epg information (programme name, etc) is populated. Is this a known problem with the Ariva 120? All satellite channels are perfect.

Are satellite channels OK?
    What firmware are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

almighty1 wrote: »
    Are satellite channels OK?
    What firmware are you using?

Yes satellite channels are perfect. Firmware is 2.15B8 I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Yes satellite channels are perfect. Firmware is 2.15B8 I think.

I do the following in order.

1) Rescan DTT
    2) Firmware update on the 120. Export channels beforehand.

Firmware download

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i cant remember if i can just download the new firmware or do i have to update each patch previous. I have only done one update 9the first update ) since the box came up and dont want to mess things up. thanks.

• Advertisement

You can install the latest firmware in one go but I would only recommend you do this if there is some new feature that you need or you have some issue with the box.

i cant remember if i can just download the new firmware or do i have to update each patch previous. I have only done one update 9the first update ) since the box came up and dont want to mess things up. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

thanks Tony. I will just leave things as they are as its working grand.

thanks Tony. I will just leave things as they are as its working grand.

Very wise, if it aint broke don't fix it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Hi folks,

Just returned to the country after 3 years and have an old Ferguson Ariva 200 I'm trying to get working again. I have all the UK freesat channels coming through fine after a blind rescan. However I cannot get any Saorview (Irish) channels working, it is coming up as no signal. When I go to do a terrestrial scan Ireland does not come up as an option in the country list and the other options don't result in rte coming through.

Any advice?

Do you have an aerial connected ?

EF wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just returned to the country after 3 years and have an old Ferguson Ariva 200 I'm trying to get working again. I have all the UK freesat channels coming through fine after a blind rescan. However I cannot get any Saorview (Irish) channels working, it is coming up as no signal. When I go to do a terrestrial scan Ireland does not come up as an option in the country list and the other options don't result in rte coming through.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Tony wrote: »
    Do you have an aerial connected ?

I had the full system installed by satellite.ie before I left and it worked fine. The cable is still connected to the satellite dish but I cannot be 100% sure about the antenna on the roof. It is still there at least & a second wire, which splits from the satellite one, is connected to the Ariva box. It may have become disconnected from the antenna over time, that is a possibility.

You most likely have one cable coming from the roof which goes into a diplexer/splitter in the room where the tv is and then you should have two cables going into the ariva box . The diplexer is marked as to which output is which. You can also do a manual terrestrial scan to give you a signal quality reading if you know the correct transponder number , if you don't know you can get this info on the coverage checker on saorview.ie

hope this helps

EF wrote: »
    I had the full system installed by satellite.ie before I left and it worked fine. The cable is still connected to the satellite dish but I cannot be 100% sure about the antenna on the roof. It is still there at least & a second wire, which splits from the satellite one, is connected to the Ariva box. It may have become disconnected from the antenna over time, that is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

This looks like an excellent buy. I see it has a card reader for pay TV, will it read the white Sky FTV card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Apologies I didn't read thru the whole thread, but the model in first page says it can play mkvs etc. I am assuming latest versions still have this feature, however can these connect to network (wired or wireless)? Or can they stream and play stuff from the web?

I am probably asking for too much, but I am looking for a one box solution to power a projector - something that can do Saorview + has a dvb-s tuner to pull down free channels from sky dish + connect to home network to stream off my file server (and youtube/netfix etc), so ideally an android streaming box that has dvb-s & t tuners? Does such a thing even exist?

It can play mkv's etc from a USB drive but does not stream from the web as such and its not Android . Latest model is the Ariva 153

Edit: AFAIK it does work with sky card on SD channels

positron wrote: »
    Apologies I didn't read thru the whole thread, but the model in first page says it can play mkvs etc. I am assuming latest versions still have this feature, however can these connect to network (wired or wireless)? Or can they stream and play stuff from the web?

I am probably asking for too much, but I am looking for a one box solution to power a projector - something that can do Saorview + has a dvb-s tuner to pull down free channels from sky dish + connect to home network to stream off my file server (and youtube/netfix etc), so ideally an android streaming box that has dvb-s & t tuners? Does such a thing even exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Hey guys I have a quick question about the Ariva 120!

Over the years from various scans I have amassed a lot of old and now defunct channels stored, the space is full so I can't scan in new channels unless I delete some old ones. Ideally I would like to delete them all and do a complete fresh scan but will this also delete the channels stored in my favorites?? I have about 10 favorite lists and about 70% of the channels work in them so I don't really want to lose them all as it took a long time to sort!

Thanks in advance! :)

If you do a factory reset you will lose all the channels . The ferguson editor programme might be a better bet

Digidol wrote: »
    Hey guys I have a quick question about the Ariva 120!

Over the years from various scans I have amassed a lot of old and now defunct channels stored, the space is full so I can't scan in new channels unless I delete some old ones. Ideally I would like to delete them all and do a complete fresh scan but will this also delete the channels stored in my favorites?? I have about 10 favorite lists and about 70% of the channels work in them so I don't really want to lose them all as it took a long time to sort!

Thanks in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Tony wrote: »
    If you do a factory reset you will lose all the channels . The ferguson editor programme might be a better bet

Thanks for the reply Tony! I wasn't going to do a factory reset, I was just going to use the 'delete all channels' in the channel list edit menu, and was just wondering if it would delete my favorite menus too?

I've used the editor years ago to get this far, such a horrible piece of software! :(

I'd imagine that it would delete the favourites but to be honest I've never tried it but if you take a dump/backup file first you could always restore that . I have a 120 file but it was only updated last febuary and would not have any favourites so not sure if that's any help to you.

Digidol wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Tony! I wasn't going to do a factory reset, I was just going to use the 'delete all channels' in the channel list edit menu, and was just wondering if it would delete my favorite menus too?

I've used the editor years ago to get this far, such a horrible piece of software! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have an Ariva 120 still and there's been so many channel changes in recent months that I never managed to spend the time doing a reset, set up the new satellites list and do a full scan. It would be nice if Ferguson did a satellite list update with new firmware. Maybe I could find a day to do this in the next few weeks.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Sorry but there's simply no way Ferguson will do a channel list for Ireland especially on a box that has not been in production for many years.

astrofluff wrote: »
    I have an Ariva 120 still and there's been so many channel changes in recent months that I never managed to spend the time doing a reset, set up the new satellites list and do a full scan. It would be nice if Ferguson did a satellite list update with new firmware. Maybe I could find a day to do this in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It's not a channel list that's needed on a firmware update, it's is a satellite list. Correct me if I'm wrong. The problem with scanning from a factory reset is that the new Astra satellites are not listed and several frequencies are not scanned.

I agree that it's very, very unlikely they'll look at that on this old box. Back to the Panny MPEG2/4 days, and the manufacturer not looking after their existing customers!!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

I have had the A120 for about 4 years, linked to a 1TB hard drive for recording/pause/rewind etc.

works great for me but I have noticed that recently it has stopped writing to the hard drive after a short time e.g. On start up recognises the hard drive and can rewind etc but after say 30 minutes will stop working I.e. Appears to have disconnected from the hard drive.

Of course the issue could be with the drive. I don't have a second drive to test the theory.

Anyone else have this issue previously ?

Its only a problem if the new transponders are not added to existing astra 2 listings, you don't necessarily have to add the new satellite . A network search should add any new transponders by using he data downloaded via satellite or you can create them manually.

astrofluff wrote: »
    The problem with scanning from a factory reset is that the new Astra satellites are not listed and several frequencies are not scanned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

It'll never get to 500K views will it ?

:)

Advertisement