Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I thought Ferguson released the Source code as Open Source. My guess is thats why the Polish boyos are messing with the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is it possible to alter the settings to record for longer than 2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭championc

Can anyone tell me simply the differences between the Ariva HD 120 and the HD 210 please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

the 210 has a common interface slot and a component output to connect to you tv. think thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

championc wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me simply the differences between the Ariva HD 120 and the HD 210 please ?

I think the remote is different. Be sure not to use channel lists and firmware/software intended for one model on another model. This may cause the unit to stop working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

championc wrote: »

Came up before
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75113220&postcount=2250

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

I see TV trade are no longer stocking these or any items from fergusson, at least as far as I could see from their web site, not surprising considdering the amount of faulty boxes that have materialised since just before christmas, I alone had 3 and wouldnt have bought anymore than 10 or 12 in total. No more fergusson for me I'm afraid which is a shame as they were a lovely box to install and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

installer wrote: »
    I see TV trade are no longer stocking these or any items from fergusson, at least as far as I could see from their web site, not surprising considdering the amount of faulty boxes that have materialised since just before christmas, I alone had 3 and wouldnt have bought anymore than 10 or 12 in total. No more fergusson for me I'm afraid which is a shame as they were a lovely box to install and work.

Installed 5 (including my own) & no issues. It seems to me that the chances of problems with this unit are heightened by the needless F/W updates which in effect make no difference to the operation of the unit. The amount of posts on boards indicating issues after updates, incorrect flashing etc should be an advertisement to leave well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

To be fair there was a problem around Xmas time which was not related to firmware updates as such although it was an eeprom failure. Tv trade cannot buy directly from ferguson so maybe Dave's margins were just too tight when buying from a local supplier to be sustainable.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Seem to be a minor update on the firmware
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

A120Combo_2.18B4.zip

Submitted On: 25 June 2012 I haven't tried it yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Does anybody have an updated channel list as I updated the firmware on my box without getting a copy of mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Done a search with no luck but have a problem with my machine turing itself off and back on again, says no input signal??

Have the box since before christmas with no problems, anyone else got or had this fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Done a search with no luck but have a problem with my machine turing itself off and back on again, says no input signal??

Have the box since before christmas with no problems, anyone else got or had this fault?
    A box turning on and off sounds like a short or rain in the satellite coax cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

slimboyfat wrote: »

had that kinda problem today, though 'Arvia' did show on screen but nothing else.

Fiddled around and in the end all I did was switch the box off and unplugged it for a minute and hey presto.....back in business.

Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭trellheim

saorview channels keep freezing , satellite channels and hi-def are fine ... anyone any ideas ? neither antenna or dish have moved. Am high up in an apartment block in D8 with direct line of sight to Three Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

trellheim wrote: »
    saorview channels keep freezing , satellite channels and hi-def are fine ... anyone any ideas ? neither antenna or dish have moved. Am high up in an apartment block in D8 with direct line of sight to Three Rock

Rescan for terrestrial channels. A change was made at 3Rock in the last couple of days. The signal you are watching is probably now from Kippure. Rescan and strongest signal will be 3Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

Hi All
    Have an Ariva hd 120 with a phillips tv
    if i use a scart lead from the ariva the picture is ok
    but if i use a HDMI lead the picture is crap colour is all over the place with ghosting of the image

I have tried another HDMI lead and another hd tv with the same result so the problem has to be from the ariva hd box
    is there anything i need to change on the ariva setup for it to output in HD
    many thanks for any hints & tips
    Jd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Your picture output from the Ariva should match the TV resolution, i.e. 780p, 1080i etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

don't know what i'm doing wrong but freesat hd channels are only coming in at 576i- shouldn't i be able to get it to 1080? like with my xbox/rte2 hd.
    both xbox and ariva 120 are connected via hdmi cable :confused:

gman2k wrote: »
    Your picture output from the Ariva should match the TV resolution, i.e. 780p, 1080i etc...
    Thanks for the reply had telly set at same as the box but no joy picture is crap
    starting to think the box is faulty & may have to go back :(

• Advertisement

Brought the box back to satworld where they said the settings for hdmi had been changed ? load of bull got it from them brand new in the box so if anyone changed the settings it was them
    anyway they done a firmware update from the usb and hey presto the the picture on hdmi was clear as day
    brought it home and plugged it into the telly and no issues no need to change anything on the box or telly it just works

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Does anyone have an updated channel listing with the BBC olympic channels?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

On Freesat, they are 150, 151, and so on. :D

Its 1, 2, 3 on the Arivas.:rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=213884&stc=1&d=1342730267

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

STB wrote: »

Its 1, 2, 3 on the Arivas.:rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=213884&stc=1&d=1342730267

I thought if I rescanned the box these would be at the end of the list, am I wrong? Want to make sure as I don't want to have to resort all the channels, had that headache once already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

I thought if I rescanned the box these would be at the end of the list, am I wrong? Want to make sure as I don't want to have to resort all the channels, had that headache once already!
    The picture of STBs setup is a FAV list which he chose to name Olympic HD STR. That is why they are 1,2,3 etc. If you rescan for them, they will move to the end of your channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

jjd wrote: »
    Brought the box back to satworld where they said the settings for hdmi had been changed ? load of bull got it from them brand new in the box so if anyone changed the settings it was them
    anyway they done a firmware update from the usb and hey presto the the picture on hdmi was clear as day
    brought it home and plugged it into the telly and no issues no need to change anything on the box or telly it just works

Thats interesting, had a second faulty box back to them and they said that the warranty sticker was broken and therefore not covered from warranty, anyone else have problems with the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

how do I do a scan for the Olympic channels? Any the specific steps for the Ariva 120?

Also, I saw on the 250- thread talk about using a dongle for wifi - does the 120 box also have wifi capability? Will any USB wifi adapter do or do you need a specific model? Only askin' as usually you'd have to load drivers on a computer to use a wifi adapter - what's the difference here?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

astrofluff wrote: »
    how do I do a scan for the Olympic channels? Any the specific steps for the Ariva 120?

Also, I saw on the 250- thread talk about using a dongle for wifi - does the 120 box also have wifi capability? Will any USB wifi adapter do or do you need a specific model? Only askin' as usually you'd have to load drivers on a computer to use a wifi adapter - what's the difference here?

Do a TP scan on the following for the HD channels

11914 H
    12304 H
    12441 V
    12129 V
    12402 V
    12422 H

All 29500 .... 4 HD channels per TP.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »

The 150/250 range are a move up in chipset from the 120/210 ranges. Moving from Ali chip M3602 to M3606. The M3606 is faster and allows for extras like USB Wifi/Youtube and supports XVID. The M3606 supports a Ralink USB wifi card, this is is pre configured on the USB dongle and is plus and play.

The 120 doesnt support Wifi or this dongle.

On the HD Channels favourite list. As thread above, you will notice the station IDs start with 7801 as Channel 1 and are every odd number after that (for ease of listing).

Advertisement