Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nowthen

Hi does anybody know where i can geta replacement remote control for the ariva 120? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

nowthen wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know where i can geta replacement remote control for the ariva 120? Thanks

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Ferguson_replacement_remote_control.html

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

dodzy wrote: »

the link mentioned is a remote control for the old sd ferguson stb. get in touch with tony and i'm sure he'll arrange the correct remote for you.
    if not, here is another link
    http://www.tvtrade.ie/ferguson-ariva-120-hd-combo-remote-control.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

daaave wrote: »
    the link mentioned is a remote control f[/URL]

Eh no its not you can buy any current ferguson stb remote using that link .:)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Tony wrote: »
    Eh no its not you can buy any current ferguson stb remote using that link .:)

I see that now that I'm looking, but on first glance I would have agreed with daaave. You might want to stick "Any model" in larger letter somewhere, and/or under the photo.

• Advertisement

Zab wrote: »
    I see that now that I'm looking, but on first glance I would have agreed with daaave. You might want to stick "Any model" in larger letter somewhere, and/or under the photo.

there is a box to enter your model number in red but thanks for the feedback, its good to know how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

Hi guys, I am planning to renew my al jazeera sport card, I have been told that I need a viaccess CAM in order for the renewal to take place, do you know if the Ariva 120 has a built in viaccess CAM? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MarKo2

Hi Tony,

Want to buy an Ariva120 combo for my father-in-law.

He's got a Sky box and wants to replace....

Should I just purchase the Ariva 250 from your site??

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MarKo2

Hi Tony,

Mark

I'm sorry Marko I cannot answer that here as direct commercial interaction is not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

MarKo2 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Mark

Personally speaking I highly recommend Tony - you can use the website or call him and he'll process your order over the phone (well he did for me).

nodolan wrote: »
    Personally speaking I highly recommend Tony - you can use the website or call him and he'll process your order over the phone (well he did for me).

Thanks for the kind words

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

MarKo2 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Mark

The Ariva 120 has been discontinued as there are now two newer models available, the Ariva 150 Combo and Ariva 250 Combo. You can purchase either from Tony's store, which I recommend as I have bought from him in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just realised that my router is sitting on top of my Ariva box, what benefits is there to plugging an ethernet cable in??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

the likes of youtube, rss, weather etc (presuming its a new model 150/250)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Donegal Surfer

Hi All

I have an Ariva 250 but am having problems finding Sky Sports HD 2 in any scan. I have tried both a preset scan and blind scan and still won't pick it up. I am scanning on Astra 2A. I see somebody else had a similar problem on page 127. Am I doing something silly? Any help would be much appreciated. There is one other HD movie channel that is I am not finding also. Somebody did mention to scan Astra 2B. I thought all was on 2A???

I'm pretty sure I posted something about that in this thread but I'm not sure where.

I'm pretty sure I posted something about that in this thread but I'm not sure where.

Hi Zab. So were you having the same issue and if so were you able to resolve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Hi All

I have an Ariva 250 but am having problems finding Sky Sports HD 2 in any scan. I have tried both a preset scan and blind scan and still won't pick it up. I am scanning on Astra 2A. I see somebody else had a similar problem on page 127. Am I doing something silly? Any help would be much appreciated. There is one other HD movie channel that is I am not finding also. Somebody did mention to scan Astra 2B. I thought all was on 2A???

I did an extensive blind scan last night of Astra 1, 2 and Hotbird. I have set up channel lists (incl one for Sky Channels). I will post a link to it later on. Its based on the latest firmware 1.19).

This is a 120 thread btw, not a 250 thread.

Hi Zab. So were you having the same issue and if so were you able to resolve it?

Yeah, I was. I posted about it at the time. Or wait for STB if he has the 250 too.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was. I posted about it at the time. Or wait for STB if he has the 250 too.

Can you remember how you got around this at all? Any direction is much appreciated!

STB wrote: »
    I did an extensive blind scan last night of Astra 1, 2 and Hotbird. I have set up channel lists (incl one for Sky Channels). I will post a link to it later on. Its based on the latest firmware 1.19).

This is a 120 thread btw, not a 250 thread.

That would be brilliant...... which system are you using? Is it a 250 also?

That would be brilliant...... which system are you using? Is it a 250 also?

I previously had a lend of a 150 . Have a 120 also.

I have a 250 since yesterday and have to say the universal remote control features are excellent. Have all my devices mapped to the keys on the ariva.

I previously had a lend of a 150 . Have a 120 also.

I have a 250 since yesterday and have to say the universal remote control features are excellent. Have all my devices mapped to the keys on the ariva.

Yes, the universal remote is a great benefit. I have a blade bm7000s also and the remote looks nothing like the quality of the Ariva 250 remote.

Please let me know how your channel scan goes tonight and whether it picks up Sky Sports 2 HD or not. If it does please let me know what satelittes you are scanning and if it is a blind scan you are doing. Thanks very much

I have 3 satellites (Astra 1 Hotbird and Astra 2) scanned in already which are semi sorted.

I will upload to the Ariva 250 thread as I dont want people bricking their 120 model boxes in this thread.

I have 3 satellites (Astra 1 Hotbird and Astra 2) scanned in already which are semi sorted.

I will upload to the Ariva 250 thread as I dont want people bricking their 120 model boxes in this thread.

Waiting there with baited breath :)
    Tony wrote: »
    There now follows a very important post by STB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Getting an error message up, Limit:CAN not record!Perplexed as my storage info indicates that I have 308 GB Rec Size?Anybody can advise?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Getting an error message up, Limit:CAN not record!Perplexed as my storage info indicates that I have 308 GB Rec Size?Anybody can advise?

This can happen when the transfer rate to the disc is too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anything I can do to correct this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

I think the solution is to use a faster external hard drive that uses an external power supply and can read and write at faster speeds. If you search back the reads others may have recommended some models. Generally the cheaper models have slower write speeds.

Advertisement