Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I'll have to skip this challenge unfortunately. Not a chance I'd get enough free time to go for the 1600 kills needed in total.

Yeah I'll extend the time limit on Friday until the 19th - That's 3 weeks / I won't have enough time to play after next week anyway as I have to set Mid-Term exams.

I reckon 3 weeks will be enough to tally up most of the kills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Yeah I'll extend the time limit on Friday until the 19th - That's 3 weeks / I won't have enough time to play after next week anyway as I have to set Mid-Term exams.

I reckon 3 weeks will be enough to tally up most of the kills

Ah fùck it then, I'm in :D

Seriously though, FAMAS with a 4×optic???

Ah fùck it then, I'm in :D

Seriously though, FAMAS with a 4×optic???

famas1_zps90207b06.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

So how does this challenge thing work? I should have a few days off so I'll give it a go

So how does this challenge thing work? I should have a few days off so I'll give it a go

You let me know which challenge you're interested in - We have one that's ending Friday at 18:00 and the Special Ops one (Which I just posted today) starting on Friday when the other ends.

Depending on what the challenge is I'll record the Ribbons/Kills from your BattleLog stats and add you to the table - I'll check your stats every so often and update accordingly.

To take part just let me know and I'll add your stats and track them - You just have to do each Tier.
    Tier 3 is getting X amount of kills/ribbons
    Tier 2 is vehicle related.
    Tier 1 is random and can only be completed after 3 and 2.

All you have to do is follow the kit configuration.
    Example:
    Tier 3:
    Kit: Recon
    Primary Weapon: M39 DMR
    Attachments: Any sight
    Laser Sight (Green/Red)
    Heavy barrel
    Any Grip
    Secondary Weapon: .44 Magnum
    Attachments:Iron sights
    Compensator
    No accessories
    Grenade: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: MAV - T-UGS
    Objective: 5 Spotting Ribbons (4 Spot bonuses for Each ribbon || 20 Kill Assists)

You set up your Recon class in the same manner and get 5 Spotting Ribbons - You'll have completed Tier 3. (The Weapon attachments etc were necessary for Tier 1)
    Can't lock down on cheating 100% so that's why I ask for BattleLog stats as a form of tracking.

All you really get from doing it is a sense of achievement (Hence the name) - It's mostly for player who have unlocked most guns etc just to add a goal to playing the game.

Also if you want you can challenge individual players to complete certain assignments they have open.
    For example I was challenged to completed the Eagle's Nest assignment using a kit customised by another member.

I try to get names before the challenge starts in order to have their stats at hand to make sure it's update from the second the challenge starts.

• Advertisement

famas1_zps90207b06.jpg

Oh I know the French use them alright, it just seems mad in BF4 given the recoil etc.
    Actually, I'll need to unlock attachments. I've currently got 5× as many kills with the defibs as I have with the FAMAS :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Catching up on some posts:

<> love the Unica, love all revolvers but Deagle still best as it has the option of a suppressor which I use a lot

<> FAMAS is a god gun on some maps, love it!

<> How do you post the psn vids on YouTube?

Was wondering what map and combo do you find underrated. For me Nasha Strike is unreal on Rush, love it. There are others but I rarely get to play that map

mozattack wrote: »
    <> How do you post the psn vids on YouTube?

There's a few different ways to do it.

Assuming you have the clips you want to upload.
    You can link your Youtube account to your PSN.
    Go to Settings > PSN > Link with other services.
    You can also do this via the Youtube App.
    Once you find the video clip that you want in your Capture Gallery link simply hover over it and press the "Share" button and it will ask you how to do you want to share "Facebook" - "Twitter" "Youtube". Select Youtube and it will upload it to the account you linked with it.

Other Mode.
    Insert a USB Stick.
    Find the clip you want - Hover over it and press "Options" and Select "Copy to USB Storage" and it will create a file path on the USB and add the clip.
    Then you'll have to go to a PC/Laptop and grab the video file from the USB Stick and manually upload it to Youtube.

I'm really sorry if that's confusing but that's probably the best I can explain it.

Both of these methods work with Sharefactory - You'll find any videos you create and render in that in the Sharefactory folder of your Capture Gallery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Good games last night, our squad was wrecking the other team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Ah right, thanks xtrafalcon. I may have to sit this one out as I never use sniper rifles so haven't even unlocked the M98B, plus I don't have every listed attachment unlocked for the other weapons either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Open Challenge - Special Ops
    This challenge has multiple weapons which can be used across all classes - The attachments will not change for weapons of the same class unless specified

I'm in the UK next week with work but will try this when I get back next weekend.
    Probably won't meet the targets but it should be fun trying.

Actually the last challenge has made me use the DMR's a lot more and I only unlocked the SKS yesterday.

I might not have all attachments for all the guns below, will this be a problem? Where I don't have a specified atttachment I'll won't put any one until its unlocked.
    I've listed below what I have anyway.
    Tier 3:
    Kit: Assault
    Primary Weapon: FAMAS or AUG A3
    Attachments: Any sight greater than 3.4 (M145, PRISMA, PK-A, ACOG, JGM-4, PSO-1
    Tact light or Flash Light
    Flash Hider OR Muzzle brake
    Any Grip

Will be going with the Aug3.
    Kit: Support
    Primary Weapon: PKP Pecheneg or G36C
    Attachments: Any sight
    Laser Sight (Green/Red/Tri-Beam)
    Flash Hider OR Muzzle brake
    Stubby Grip or Folding Grip

Would like to have tried the LMG but I don't have any of the accessories/grips or suppressors for the PKP Pecheneg so will go with the G36C.
    Kit: Engineer
    Primary Weapon: MP7 (China Rising Expansion needed) or M4
    Attachments: Any RDS (Reflex, Coyote, Kobra) (
    Laser Sight (Green/Red/Tri-Beam)
    Suppressor (Normal, L S06, PBS-4, R2)
    Angled Grip or Vertical Grip

Going with the M4.
    Kit: Recon
    Primary Weapon: M98B or SKS
    DMR Attachments: Iron sights
    Laser sight (Green/Red/Tri-Beam)
    Any grip

Can only going with the SKS but have 0 attachements for it. Is this OK? I can add them as they are unlocked.
    Secondary Weapon Choice 1: G18
    Attachments:RDS or Ghost Ring
    Suppressor
    Laser Sight (Green/Red)

Going with the G18 but again I have no attachments.
    Tier 2:
    Vehicles
    Objective:25 Main Battle Tank Kills and 15 Watercraft kills

Might be doable..
    Tier 1:
    Top Tier challenge.
    Get 200 Kills with the other 4 Primary Weapons

Ha, :pac: haven't a hope.

If the lack of accessories are an issue, that's grand. Just let me know and I'll keep an eye for the next one.

Fair play for doing this. It must take up a good bit of time.

Ah right, thanks xtrafalcon. I may have to sit this one out as I never use sniper rifles so haven't even unlocked the M98B, plus I don't have every listed attachment unlocked for the other weapons either.
    Ha, :pac: haven't a hope.

If the lack of accessories are an issue, that's grand. Just let me know and I'll keep an eye for the next one.

Fair play for doing this. It must take up a good bit of time.

Yeah I'm gonna actually push the challenge back 2 weeks as the attachments seem to be causing issues for everyone involved. This way everyone *should* have enough time to unlock everything and brace themselves for the hell to come.

It takes a while to get the stats and stuff but I don't mind - It's mixes up the games a bit and makes them more interesting.

24 Hours to get this finished.

Name|Spot Current|Spot Target| Tank Current|Tank target|Accuracy
    XtraFalcon|190|Reached|60|Reached|54%
    paul_booth_fan|1,357|Reached|214|Reached|35%
    keithc83|264|Reached|3|5|Locked
    thurlesdrunk|352|Reached|31|Reached|Open
    CobraEire73|12|17|48|51|Locked
    Okram_13|70|Reached|8|Reached|Open

Remember to complete Tier 1 you need to provide a BattleLog Report with your accuracy above 25% using the M39 Recon Kit.

Accuracy Battle Reports:
    XtraFalcon
    paul_booth_fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Alright lads newbie here at Battlefield is their any clans I can join?

No problem if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Burkie7 wrote: »

No problem if not.

your welcome so sign up there http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/
    or if you want just post your psn id and we`ll add you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

No problem if not.

Leave your Psn here and some of the lads here will add you, I was only new to the Bf4 side of the forums there recently also but have played a few nights with them now

neasyerac wrote: »
    Leave your Psn here and some of the lads here will add you, I was only new to the Bf4 side of the forums there recently also but have played a few nights with them now

Cheers its Burkie7-MUFC

I done a bit of domination and enjoyed it a lot I'm not to bad at the game I'm slowly getting better.

Ended
    Final Results:

Name|Spot Current|Spot Target| Tank Current|Tank target|Accuracy
    XtraFalcon|194|Reached|60|Reached|54%
    paul_booth_fan|1,357|Reached|214|Reached|35%
    keithc83|264|Reached|3|5|Locked
    thurlesdrunk|369|Reached|34|Reached|Open
    CobraEire73|12|17|48|51|Locked
    Okram_13|90|Reached|8|Reached|Open

Accuracy Battle Reports:
    XtraFalcon
    paul_booth_fan

de6kW2e.png

de6kW2e.png

****in nice. Yes, new maps would be great, but to be honest, a genuine night map would be fantastic. Shanghai is a very good map while the tower is up, so the fact it'll stay up is great(that's what she said:pac:)

This is a quick snippet of what a proper night map looks like from the game Insurgency;

Flashlights, flares, muzzle flash and NVGs are actually essential to just get around.

****in nice. Yes, new maps would be great, but to be honest, a genuine night map would be fantastic. Shanghai is a very good map while the tower is up, so the fact it'll stay up is great(that's what she said:pac:)

This is a quick snippet of what a proper night map looks like from the game Insurgency;

Flashlights, flares, muzzle flash and NVGs are actually essential to just get around.

DICE's lens-flare developers will have a field day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Thanks to Cobraeire for taking time out of visiting Stripclubs in GTA to join me in Bf4, a true Gent!

EDIT:

I added the original photo that had cobra in it.

agF5EDq.jpg

@XtraFalcon...........This came up in conversation last night between some of us; I WANT TO PUNCH YOU IN THE THROAT.......

Now, on a serious note :D, I think the challenge may have an issue regarding the M98b. 200 kills with a sniper rifle in a set time limit is definitely do-able, especially the M98b. The problem is that the 20× scope is such a hindrance, it's borderline impossible to get kills. It narrows your field of view so much that even if the enemy moves ever so slightly, you can completely lose your target. I think that with the sheer amount of kills needed to complete the challenge(1600), maybe the sniper portion could be reduced, even to 100, and maybe with the 8× and variable scope.
    The rest of the challenge is very good, you can always play a few Domination or SqDM rounds and rack with the kills with any of the kits fairly easily. It's just specifically the M98b in combination with the 20×, it becomes such a niche loadout that it'll drive you to dementia.........I actually tried it out last night on what would be sniper friendly maps, fùck me it was horrible. Hence the reason I want to punch you :pac:

@XtraFalcon...........This came up in conversation last night between some of us; I WANT TO PUNCH YOU IN THE THROAT.......

90FEcYe.jpg

I'll tweak some of the details and post the new one Monday(Tomorrow) week then they can be critiqued before the final version.

To substitute not having a challenge this week using a Tier 3 challenge as training. Should only take a couple of hours for those of you who want to play the Hardline Beta

Open Challenge
    Tier 3: Spec Ops Tier Training

Kit: Assault

Primary Weapon: AUG A3
    Attachments: Any 4X Scope - ACOG, JGM-4, PSO-1 (If unavailable to you use Iron sights)
    Laser Sight (Green/Red/Tri-beam)
    UGL Rail

Gadgets: Defibrillator OR Medic Bag
    M320 HE

Secondary Weapon: Compact 45
    Attachments: Any Sight
    No accessories
    Flash Hider

Grenade: RGO Impact

Objective: Based on the current Kill count

Receive 150 kills with the AUG A3 and 20 Kills with the Compact 45

Time Limit:
    2 Feb 21:00 - 9 Feb 21:00
    1 Week

Challenge is now Live - Best of luck

Since Dermot was so "vocal" about entering on Saturday - His name has been added to the board.

Name|AUG Current|AUG Target|Compact 45 Current|Compact 45 target
    XtraFalcon|175|325|295|315
    paul_booth_fan|514|664|173|193
    keithc83|631|781|0|20
    BordorFox|0|150|0|20

Challenge is now Live - Best of luck

Since Dermot and Alan were so "vocal" about entering on Saturday - Both names have been added to the board.

Name|AUG Current|AUG Target|Compact 45 Current|Compact 45 target
    XtraFalcon|175|325|295|315
    paul_booth_fan|514|664|173|193
    keithc83|631|781|0|20
    BordorFox|0|150|0|20
    CobraEire73|150|300|76|96
    lol never opened my mouth sir....it was the other one that took the hump for you not adding him :P

cobraeire wrote: »
    lol never opened my mouth sir....it was the other one that took the hump for you not adding him :P

Amended and I apologise for tarnishing your good name.

Nicholas-Cage-Tries-Not-To-Laugh.gif

2nd night in a row I've been unable to sign into EA/Battlelog. Not even getting the main load up screen tonight though, just the snowy background and loading symbol......

2nd night in a row I've been unable to sign into EA/Battlelog. Not even getting the main load up screen tonight though, just the snowy background and loading symbol......

Seems to be an issue tonight.

QowXZYG.jpg

Seems to be an issue tonight.

QowXZYG.jpg

Fùckers, I was hoping to get that challenge outta the way tonight while I could

• Advertisement

I don't even have the gun to do the challenge ha!

Fiiiiiinnnnaly got into a round

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Thanks to Cobraeire for taking time out of visiting Stripclubs in GTA to join me in Bf4, a true Gent!

EDIT:

I added the original photo that had cobra in it.

excellent photo editing skills there Steven lol, almost as good as cobra's lol

any of you getting the hardlines beta tomorrow?

SharpCoder wrote: »
    any of you getting the hardlines beta tomorrow?

Nope noppedy nope. Have absolutely zero interest in Hardline, never have never will. Just something about it turns me off

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I saw some footage of Hardline on youtube and i'm sure a lot of people will get it but i won't be one of them. I'm going to stick to BF4 :cool:

Personally I don't fancy spending another odd €135 Euro on a game and Premium only to end up waiting 7 months for it to be playable.

• Advertisement

well i mentioned the beta and it's free..lol

And even with it being free i won't be getting the beta. What does that say?! :pac: lol

keithc83 wrote: »
    And even with it being free i won't be getting the beta. What does that say?! :pac: lol

why not lol you've been playing the beta of battlefield 4 for over a year lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

keithc83 wrote: »

I went from having zero interest in it to "raised eyebrow" status after watching a pretty cool video of Jack Frags playing it earlier, some of it did look like good craic - the car chases looked dacent....

It's free so I'll give it a blast but after the buttfcuking of BF4 I'm not in a hurry to invest... :)

why not lol you've been playing the beta of battlefield 4 for over a year lol

So it will probably take that long for Hardline to work as advertised then possibly too. And in a year i might change my mind! lol
    Fieldog wrote: »
    "raised eyebrow" status after watching a pretty cool video of Jack Frags playing it earlier, some of it did look like good craic - the car chases looked dacent....

Yeah i saw some of the video's from the Hardline event and it looks fun (if the MP works which is a big IF), but those car chases wouldn't keep me interested long term.
    And i just hope they don't mess up the launch of Hardline after what they did with BF4. You would hope they've learned some lessons....

• Advertisement

well considering it's made from the same team behind the CTE that ... sorta fixed bf4, then it shouldn't have the same issues.

this is you keith lol

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpa1/v/t43.1792-2/10940201_658367167607061_2364700_n.mp4?rl=1500&vabr=196&oh=5d9b7505793940a6d627fc3cc972814a&oe=54D02BCF

I will give Hardline a go, simply as an alternative to BF once on a while. How reasonably low expectations

I will give Hardline a go, simply as an alternative to BF once on a while. How reasonably low expectations

Hardline%20Errorjpg.jpg.htmlHardline%20Errorjpg.jpg

I get this when i click the link...are you thinking something similar will happen with Hardline?! I mean they are the same team so there is no way anything could go wrong.......ever..... :P lol
    Hardline%20Errorjpg.jpg.html

Have to say I'm loving Hardline what ya's think off it?

Well not all that great I think,small maps,so so gameplay,ideas good but that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I started off on conquest just to level up a bit but I found it boring. Then I tried heist and that's decent enough. But hotwire is class. Pure fúckin mayhem. I reckon that that game mode will be the one to convince people to buy hardline.. And I love the oul MPK5, rips enemies to shreds.

From the 1 or 2 videos I've seen, it's basically tiny maps with nothing but Transport vehicles.........its something alright, but it ain't Battlefield. I'm staying well away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

From the 1 or 2 videos I've seen, it's basically tiny maps with nothing but Transport vehicles.........its something alright, but it ain't Battlefield. I'm staying well away.

I had a few goes last night Darren, give it a go, you may surprise yourself, some of the guns are deadly....

Yeah,I played a few rounds last night with Dermot,Hoping it would be at least half ..decent but I could not get into it at all,even thought it would be more like bf,but it ain't funny enough,the only thing I find similar to bf is flying the chopper,but the physics,maps and no destruction,it not great,game modes aren't to bad with the likes of hirsute,but for about 10 mins,might be ok to pick up for 20 quid down the line

• Advertisement
Advertisement